Badgers Upset Other Stadiums Play Jump Around

Sparlimb

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...hold-grudge-jump-trolling-ohio-state-illinois

When "Jump Around" is played at Camp Randall Stadium prior to the start of the fourth quarter, it creates one of the unforgettable atmospheres in college football as fans literally rock the house in support of the Wisconsin Badgers.

When the Ohio State Buckeyes and Illinois Fighting Illini play it in their stadiums during and after victories against the Badgers -- as they have in consecutive weeks -- it's unforgettable for a different reason.

"That's something that we hold dear at Wisconsin," tight end Jake Ferguson said, according to Cleveland.com. "It's usually a time to get excited and get pumped up. Coming into somewhere else and having them play, it definitely stings a little bit."

Ohio State was the latest to do it, playing "Jump Around" midway through the fourth quarter of Saturday's 38-7 rout of No. 13 Wisconsin at Ohio Stadium. A week earlier, as Illinois fans stormed the field, the song blared on the Memorial Stadium speakers after the Illini stunned the then-No. 6 Badgers 24-23.

"I think a lot of our guys are looking forward to playing these guys again," Ferguson said.

It cracks me up that's what they have to be pissed about. How about you look forward to playing Illinois again because you laid an egg this time.

Ha that just makes me hope we play it here after we beat them.

Meh... don’t lose then. Don’t give a reason.

Now the Million Dollar question, should we play Jump Around before or after Hail!Minnesota? :)

I hope every school that beats them plays it and really hope we can play it @ the Bank.

They don't own the song, and if they are gonna whine about it, other teams will be even more likely to rub your faces in it when they lose.

It would be different if this was a school song or something. But it's not their song, it's always been played at other stadiums and arenas.

I mean, don't you have to play it sometime towards the end of 4th Qtr if Gophs are up big? Preferably coming out of a commercial break...

They don't own the song, and if they are gonna whine about it, other teams will be even more likely to rub your faces in it when they lose.

Yep you can pretty much guarantee that TCF will play it in the postgame celebration now. Wisconsin needs better tactics for dealing with bullies.

You guys are kind of reaching here. The guy said “it stings”. I’m sure our guys would say the same thing if we got beat and the other team started rowing the boat or something. I don’t see how that’s whining. F the Badgers, but there’s not really anything here.

I think both Lovie’s and Day’s card said to “play Jump Around”.

You guys are kind of reaching here. The guy said “it stings”. I’m sure our guys would say the same thing if we got beat and the other team started rowing the boat or something. I don’t see how that’s whining. F the Badgers, but there’s not really anything here.

As much as I can't stand the Badgers, Jump Around between the 3rd and 4th quarter is one of the cooler stadium traditions out there. That whole dang place starts shaking and everyone on both sides gets into it.

Now that said, I think it is awesome that both Illinois and Ohio State have played it as a way to poke the Badgers a little. All in good fun. And when we win the Axe for the second year in a row I hope we do the same. :)

Unless called for (and sometimes let’s be honest it is) I don’t like being a “poor winner” and doing the shushing the crowd thing, Hey Hey Hey Goodbye, or generally talking smack (unless richly deserved as I already allowed). Randy Moss at Lambeau didn’t bother me, for example. And playing Jump Around to agitate their fans doesn’t bother me either. Their fans are some of the worst, right Los Ven? They don’t own the rights to it anymore than they do to their brothel/carnival tune “Hot Time” (TD music) which is used by some other teams.

We had a game against Wisconsin at the Dome around 2003 or maybe the previous or subsequent visit of the Badgers at which our own brain dead game production people inexplicably played "Jump Around" during the game with all the fans in red and white pogoing to my immense anger. I've never known whether it got played randomly without it being known that this was the Wisconsin song for firing up the crowd at Camp Randall or if it was some Badger fan on the game production staff playing a prank. Whatever the case, it was just a low feeling considering that of the 60,000 plus people they seemed to have about 40,000 of them.

As for Wisconsin getting mad over "Jump Around" being played mockingly after losses, no one should shed any tears. The program has made it so much a part of its identity and has been such an ungracious winner in general since this run of success started in 1993 that they more or less invite the mockery. The coaches and players are admittedly long gone from both sides, but Wisconsin is still owed a receipt for going for 2 when up 41-16 with 6:39 left in the game in 2010 and then Bret Bielema having the nerve afterwards to say he'd do it again in the same situation. If we should beat them here in a month and play "Jump Around" after, that's a start.

I hope the AV crew has jump around queued up for the start of the 4th if we're up big. If not, end of game will suffice.

The University of Minnesota laid claim to "The U" for over a hundred years. They are not upset with the University of Miami using the same nickname. Or are they?

We had a game against Wisconsin at the Dome around 2003 or maybe the previous or subsequent visit of the Badgers at which our own brain dead game production people inexplicably played "Jump Around" during the game with all the fans in red and white pogoing to my immense anger. I've never known whether it got played randomly without it being known that this was the Wisconsin song for firing up the crowd at Camp Randall or if it was some Badger fan on the game production staff playing a prank. Whatever the case, it was just a low feeling considering that of the 60,000 plus people they seemed to have about 40,000 of them.

I remember this. It was inexcusable to totally fire up the visiting team in our own building.

Do Viking fans get upset when other teams start doing the Skol Chant? Perhaps it stings a bit. Better win the game then. Part of college football.

It’s a crap piece of “music,” so I hope we don’t foul the air in TCF if we beat them.

I'd rather we play a Queen medley of "Another one bites the Dust" Followed by "We are the champions" If we playing the Badgers for the BigTen West Title and win.

I'd rather we play a Queen medley of "Another one bites the Dust" Followed by "We are the champions" If we playing the Badgers for the BigTen West Title and win.

Gophs could have it already won by then...whole different music challenge there. Maybe a little Ray Charles?

It says a lot when WI's best tradition first happened during a game that Drew Brees played in. That says so much about that program's "history."

There are some that say imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Alabama fans still remind me that our band played some other SEC school's school song late in the game when we beat them.

People don't forget.

Top Bottom