CFP or Rose Bowl?

Where would you like to see the 2019 Gophers end up?

• Total voters
That’s not what the poll asked, you’re moving the goalposts.

Make a new thread/poll to ask that specifically.

Dude, you just can't be helped! Please then, tell me what the question was? I obviously didn't spell it out for you plainly enough by copying and pasting the question from the original post.

Dude, you just can't be helped! Please then, tell me what the question was? I obviously didn't spell it out for you plainly enough by copying and pasting the question from the original post.

The question only asked where you want to end up. Both are likely at 12-1.

It didn’t ask how many games you want to win.

Clear by now you won’t change your mind no matter what, and you won’t allow yourself to understand my viewpoint no matter what.

The question only asked where you want to end up. Both are likely at 12-1.

It didn’t ask how many games you want to win.

Clear by now you won’t change your mind no matter what, and you won’t allow yourself to understand my viewpoint no matter what.

I get your view point, you want the Gophers to go the Rose Bowl! I would rather they didn't lose and find their way into the CFP.

I get your view point, you want the Gophers to go the Rose Bowl! I would rather they didn't lose and find their way into the CFP.

If the poll gave “13-0 and CFP” as an option, I would have voted for that, as at this point in the season it wouldn’t be possible for Gophers to be 13-0 and go to the Rose Bowl.

But it didn’t. It was a poorly designed poll.

If the poll gave “13-0 and CFP” as an option, I would have voted for that, as at this point in the season it wouldn’t be possible for Gophers to be 13-0 and go to the Rose Bowl.

But it didn’t. It was a poorly designed poll.

The poll was fine, there are 40% of the voters that would rather see the Gophers in the Rose Bowl than in the CFP. This means 40% of pollers would rather the Gophers lose 1-2 games in order to get to the Rose Bowl rather than win 12-13 games and get the CFP.

If the Gophers make the playoffs, it almost certainly means they won their last five games; 4 against ranked teams, two being in the top 6. There is no question we would deserve to be there, would not be embarrassed, and in fact have a reasonable chance to win.

The poll was fine, there are 40% of the voters that would rather see the Gophers in the Rose Bowl than in the CFP. This means 40% of pollers would rather the Gophers lose 1-2 games in order to get to the Rose Bowl rather than win 12-13 games and get the CFP.

You are better than this Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are better than this Houston.

I don't think I have ever argued a point to anywhere near this veracity on GH. If you didn't realize playing in the Rose Bowl would mean Gophers would have to lose to get there then I just don't know what to say. I guess the only good answer would have been if this was a year that the Rose Bowl hosted the national championship.

If Gophers make the Rose Bowl, I will be there and it will be a long awaited dream come true.

Isn't losing 1 game and winning 12 games the same thing??

I don't think I have ever argued a point to anywhere near this veracity on GH. If you didn't realize playing in the Rose Bowl would mean Gophers would have to lose to get there then I just don't know what to say. I guess the only good answer would have been if this was a year that the Rose Bowl hosted the national championship.

If Gophers make the Rose Bowl, I will be there and it will be a long awaited dream come true.

The fallacy that you and others swallowed hook, line, and sinker, was thinking that CFP was synonymous with 13-0, and that Rose Bowl was synonymous with 12 or fewer wins.

This has been disproven.

The fallacy that you and others swallowed hook, line, and sinker, was thinking that CFP was synonymous with 13-0, and that Rose Bowl was synonymous with 12 or fewer wins.

This has been disproven.

So you’d prefer to go 13-0 and get snubbed from the playoff?

That's not possible anymore, at this point in the season.

There would have to a possibility for 5 or 6 teams to go 13-0 (or Notre Dame 12-0), and that can't happen.

Enough people on here have made the argument, which I feel is correct, that if we did go 13-0, beating Penn St, Iowa, Wisc, and Ohio St on the way, then we would indeed belong in the race with the top 4 and wouldn't get blown out in the semi.

At that point, being 13-0, I would agree with them, and I would want the CFP.

I sure would. Going 13-0 with a Rose Bowl win would be my perfect scenario. I simply care more about the Rose Bowl than I do the CFP.

If we go 12-1 and both are on the table I hope we get passed over for the CFP and go to the Rose Bowl.

2 scenarios that don’t require the 38% to root for a loss. Shhh, that’s a secret I guess.

I sure would. Going 13-0 with a Rose Bowl win would be my perfect scenario. I simply care more about the Rose Bowl than I do the CFP.

If we go 12-1 and both are on the table I hope we get passed over for the CFP and go to the Rose Bowl.

2 scenarios that don’t require the 38% to root for a loss. Shhh, that’s a secret I guess.

I'm not quite at this level, but I have absolutely no problem with it.

Hard truth/real talk: yeah it's amazing and awesome that we're 8-0, but we haven't played a team that's even on the level of Iowa and Wisconsin, let alone Penn State and Ohio State.

This poll should've been delayed until after the Penn State game, at the least. But then the pro-CFP cadre wouldn't have gotten to troll as many people.

I hope we beat Penn St. Will be an amazing experience, and fans should rush the field. I won't be shocked, surprised, or even mad if we lose. I will only be disappointed if we get blown out, and I don't think we will.

You have to admit it’s a little weird to want to be put in the consolation bracket, but it’s a desire that you’re free to have.

You have to admit it’s a little weird to want to be put in the consolation bracket, but it’s a desire that you’re free to have.

I don’t view the Rose Bowl as a consolation. Seems over a third of GHers don’t either. I get why some would. Not sure why some that do have such a hard time understanding the opposite point of view.

I don’t view the Rose Bowl as a consolation. Seems over a third of GHers don’t either. I get why some would. Not sure why some that do have such a hard time understanding the opposite point of view.

Again. You and the other third of you are free to make up your own rules.

I am not going to spend time reading this thread, so if I repeat things that have been talked about. So sorry. As a 70 year old, the Rose bowl is the bowl game I have been dreaming about since they just missed out on the 1968 Rose bowl. I want to see the Gophers in the Rose bowl. It is just silly though, in this day and age to say you would rather play in the Rose bowl than to play in games that could get you a national championship. It is all about trying to win a national championship. Now if we stumble somewhere along the way and don't make the CFP, the Rose Bowl will be a great place to be on New Years Day. The journey continues on the 8th against PSU. Lets fill the place up and be loud.

I am not going to spend time reading this thread, so if I repeat things that have been talked about. So sorry. As a 70 year old, the Rose bowl is the bowl game I have been dreaming about since they just missed out on the 1968 Rose bowl. I want to see the Gophers in the Rose bowl. It is just silly though, in this day and age to say you would rather play in the Rose bowl than to play in games that could get you a national championship. It is all about trying to win a national championship. Now if we stumble somewhere along the way and don't make the CFP, the Rose Bowl will be a great place to be on New Years Day. The journey continues on the 8th against PSU. Lets fill the place up and be loud.

Well said.

This poll could end now, yeah? It's Penn St game week. We had the off week, and that's over. The poll trend has been 60-40 for the CFP, for most of the time. At 145 votes, it is *exactly* 60-40. There you go.

We can also win the Big Ten and not make the CFP. Equally likely as making it, at this point in the season with the data we have.

Second point, I highly disagree. Bowl wins aren't meaningless, unless you force yourself to pretend that they are. Or you force yourself to pretend that losing a semi-final game is more meaningful than winning a non-semi NY6 bowl game. It's subjective at that point, but I think you'll find many folks who disagree with you.

Are players regularly sitting out the playoff games or the bowl games?

Top Bottom