Oliver and Sori Marin

btowngopher

Reaction score
Everyone was crapping their pants about these two having to fill in for Martin. I think they were unfairly judged off early season performance when they were both super inexperienced. I think they both have bright futures and the drop off will not be nearly as great as some expect next year.

For a moment I thought Oliver had the pick six instead of Durr. My first thought was “stick it, naysayers!”

Next
Man
Up.

Aune played a lot too as kind of a lb safety hybrid

Everyone was crapping their pants about these two having to fill in for Martin. I think they were unfairly judged off early season performance when they were both super inexperienced. I think they both have bright futures and the drop off will not be nearly as great as some expect next year.

Oliver reminds me of Kamal Martin.

Sori Marin reminds me of T. Barber.

T. Potts reminds me of Mo Ibrahim.

Oliver sure made himself known yesterday. His tackles were noticeable because of the power he put into them. Excited to see what his future here will be like. I was almost reminded of how Blake Cashman looked in his breakout game against Oregon State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oliver sure made himself known yesterday. His tackles were noticeable because of the power he put into them. Excited to see what his future here will be like. I was almost reminded of how Blake Cashman looked in his breakout game against Oregon State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oliver has flashed a few times this year. Feels like this kid has some serious upside. Sori Marin has also looked good. Always exciting when you see positive signs from freshmen and sophomores because they are the guys we will need to count on when they get to be Juniors and Seniors.

Going to be some big shoes to fill on defense after this season but I like our chances of having good options ready to step in.

I think Oliver is gonna be a really good player down the road. Once he learns the position and can harness that aggressiveness and ability, he could be real good.

For a moment I thought Oliver had the pick six instead of Durr. My first thought was “stick it, naysayers!”

Next
Man
Up.

Who was naysaying Oliver? Some people were worried about Martin being out, which is completely natural to be concerned when a starter doesn’t play.

Did I read somewhere that Sori-Marin lead the team in tackles? Not necessarily a complete stat, but interesting if true.

Did I read somewhere that Sori-Marin lead the team in tackles? Not necessarily a complete stat, but interesting if true.

He did. Actually tied for the lead with 8, IIRC. Was pretty worried as Sori-Marin especially looked really, really green in the Non-Con but both him and Oliver did outstanding on maintaining their gaps yesterday and tackled well. They did great!

Top Bottom