Weather forecast for PSU

what do you locals think of the chances?

Seems like the chances for flurries and an inch or so of snow don't really kick in until the evening and the temp going below freezing. Looks like our chances for some rain in the later parts of the game are more likely than snow.

Just once (not for this game) I want a legit snow game with accumulation.

Wasn't the OSU game a few years ago in the snow?

it was snowing, but there was no accumulation

edit: you beat me to it. It was frankly too cold for much snow, think it was about 15 degrees.

it was snowing, but there was no accumulation

edit: you beat me to it. It was frankly too cold for much snow, think it was about 15 degrees.

I'd be all for a big snow storm/game if I thought it would help the Gophers. I don't think it would against Penn State though. We need the passing game to be on.

Looks like the seriously cold stuff will be delayed arrival past Saturday so although it might be chilly with a wind and maybe even a snowflake or two, it should be okay.

Report from the U via email:

Lay out that MAROON gameday gear because the wait is almost over. Your #13 Gophers host #5 Penn State in less than 72 hours and TCF Bank Stadium will be full of maroon-clad Gopher fans! Need some help with your MAROON outfit? We're here to help:

LAYERS: Sweatshirts, Coats, Ponchos, & Blankets!

⚡ OVERSIZED: Wear an oversized, MAROON shirt on top of your coat!

ACCESSORIZE: Scarves, Mittens, Hats, & MORE!

PAINT: Do not be afraid to be a legend.

Current Weather Forecast: 41° Overcast

They need specific wind measurements for the tailgating lots. Add 20-25mph and they are probably in the ballpark.

Ha! It's from the airport, I'm guessing.

Things are trending upward!

"
Saturday
A 30 percent chance of rain after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. West wind around 5 mph

"

Looks like it’ll be dry in the first half but may get wet with rain in the second half!? Chance of rain now up to 50%

If any rain occurs in the 2nd half, it should stay really light. But it is possible.

Otherwise the weather looks pretty good. Very light west wind with a high of 44.

If any rain occurs in the 2nd half, it should stay really light. But it is possible.

Otherwise the weather looks pretty good. Very light west wind with a high of 44.

I can't imagine any better weather for football. That would be perfect!

What the game time temps though? I assume the high isn't reached until later in the afternoon?

But still guessing maybe in the mid 30s for kickoff, creeping up to high 30s low 40s by the end of the game. That is quite reasonable!

What the game time temps though? I assume the high isn't reached until later in the afternoon?

But still guessing maybe in the mid 30s for kickoff, creeping up to high 30s low 40s by the end of the game. That is quite reasonable!

It looks like it'll be ~38 at kickoff, maxing out at 40ish, with a chance at rain around the time the game ends.

Weather.jpg

With sunset now before 5pm, the high is usually reached around 2-3 pm this time of the year. I think it'll be around 38 for kickoff, and 44 when the game ends.

The forecast for Saturday looks better than the actual weather was for the Nebraska and Illinois games. I don't expect a team coming from central Pa. is going to be bothered by the weather on Saturday. We don't need bad weather to beat PSU.

The forecast for Saturday looks better than the actual weather was for the Nebraska and Illinois games. I don't expect a team coming from central Pa. is going to be bothered by the weather on Saturday. We don't need bad weather to beat PSU.
Anyone remember the temp for that game? Decided if I should dress the same or go lighter on the layers

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

With sunset now before 5pm, the high is usually reached around 2-3 pm this time of the year. I think it'll be around 38 for kickoff, and 44 when the game ends.

Haven't seen a forecast yet this morning that has it getting above 40, but I'll gladly take 44!

Updated forecast for tomorrow - kickoff temp: 38, 4th quarter temp 42. I think any rain holds off until after the game. WNW wind of 5-10 mph

Top Bottom