Something going fairly unnoticed

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
Now I’m not sure if Maryland had a lot of backups in on defense at this point in the game, or if they were just entirely defeated emotionally, but did anyone feel very happy to see how easily Clark’s pass and the 4 solid runs by Potts marched down the field and found the end zone at the end of the game? In my opinion it shows we have A LOT of depth at skill positions on offense. 4th string RB right? 3rd string QB right? I’m impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maryland appeared to be defeated and not even trying at that point. I thought Clark's pass floated a little and it was a good catch by the receiver. Potts reminded me a lot of Mo. Which I think is a good thing.

Potts started the year as the 6th RB (Big 3, Williams, Wiley, Potts). Maryland was pathetic late in that game, but Potts did show really nice vision and patience in waiting for things to develop. Then the 7th RB came in (Jelen? Sorry, I'm a huge Gophers fan but never heard of him) and was just plowing people over...I found it hilarious. PJF has talked up Harry Van Dyne for a couple years now, but I believe he had an injury at one point and has obviously not been able to overcome the huge amount of talent in front of him on the depth chart. Nice moment for him yesterday.

I think Maryland D had to be exhausted (and defeated). They were on the field the entire game :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My seats are right behind the visitor bench and they looked gassed by the 4th.

Now I’m not sure if Maryland had a lot of backups in on defense at this point in the game, or if they were just entirely defeated emotionally, but did anyone feel very happy to see how easily Clark’s pass and the 4 solid runs by Potts marched down the field and found the end zone at the end of the game? In my opinion it shows we have A LOT of depth at skill positions on offense. 4th string RB right? 3rd string QB right? I’m impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O-line also played well down Faalele, LBs played well down Martin, we have depth at corner, and RB as well.

This is the deepest Gopher roster we've ever had. From an injury standpoint my biggest concern is the d-line.

I would still entertain an argument about a skill gap between the Gophers and a few of the other top-tier teams, but I think that gap is getting much, much smaller.

Fleck & Company are doing a great job of developing players.

By my count the 7th string RB played a bit and the 6th string had a few nice runs. Great depth.

Depth on defense is more concerning but we haven't had to use it that much and the times we have, guys filling in for injuries have played well.

Potts is going to be an unbelievable RB right behind smith and Brooks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Maryland 100% quit on themselves and their coach, who won't be in Maryland for much longer. His body language on the sideline showed zero support for his struggling team. I can't tell how bad some of the BIG teams are or if we have just deflated some of them.

Clark needs to be the starter. Morgan can’t throw it as far as Clark can high.

Clark needs to be the starter. Morgan can’t throw it as far as Clark can high.
Let's reevaluate that in spring camp. he was fairly inconsistent in the open practices this fall. Should be a close race for QBs this spring camp. I'm excited as we finally have depth and good options with all of our redshirts.

I thought it was a very nice catch by Harry Van Dyne.

Nice to know we have a 5th option at WR.

De'angelo Carter was disruptive on the line. PJ has mentioned him as a guy to watch and I'm really excited about him.

Let's reevaluate that in spring camp. he was fairly inconsistent in the open practices this fall. Should be a close race for QBs this spring camp. I'm excited as we finally have depth and good options with all of our redshirts.

I hope you’re not serious

Potts started the year as the 6th RB (Big 3, Williams, Wiley, Potts). Maryland was pathetic late in that game, but Potts did show really nice vision and patience in waiting for things to develop. Then the 7th RB came in (Jelen? Sorry, I'm a huge Gophers fan but never heard of him) and was just plowing people over...I found it hilarious. PJF has talked up Harry Van Dyne for a couple years now, but I believe he had an injury at one point and has obviously not been able to overcome the huge amount of talent in front of him on the depth chart. Nice moment for him yesterday.

He is a 2018 PWO from Prior Lake who was an All State/All Metro player in HS.

I’m pretty sure Winasota was being tongue in cheek. If someone really does beat out Morgan that will be absolutely shocking. TM2 is on track for a record setting year. Never say never, I guess.

Top Bottom