Where should we be ranked in AP Poll on Sunday?

Triple D

Reaction score
I say #13

We should leap over WI, TX, SMU (barely won), and get some of Oregon's votes as they also barely won.

I say #13

We should leap over WI, TX, SMU (barely won), and get some of Oregon's votes as they also barely won.

Agreed, I’m hoping higher. Because we didn’t play a close game with Maryland. We crushed them. The only team with a similar score against Maryland was, oddly enough, Penn State with a score of 59-0. We essentially did the same. Our backups gave them 7 of the 10 they ended with. I’m hoping we sneak up to #11 or #12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to be REALLY interested to see where we land in the CFP Rankings a week from now. I think there's a chance that we crack the top ten.

anything less than 10 is clearly a travesty of disrespect

I say #13

Will be curious as to how the polls treat Auburn and Notre Dame as well. Probably still ahead of us based on the “reputation” angle and the “gophers haven’t played anyone” notion

anything less than 10 is clearly a travesty of disrespect

I don't see us passing Oregon, Utah, or Baylor this week? Plus Oklahoma and Auburn won't drop that much and will still be ahead of us, but I do think we pass Notre Dame!!

Michigan may also steal some of our votes by beating a high ranked ND.

Last edited:

The national disrespect this team has faced is comical.

The icing on the cake is Kirk Herbstreit doing his awkward best to pretend like he doesn’t know how to pronounce ”ski-u-mah”. Precious.

I don't see us passing Oregon, Utah, or Baylor this week? Plus Oklahoma and Auburn won't drop that much and will still be ahead of us, but I do think we pass Notre Dame!!

You have a typo there. “Michigan may also steal some of our votes by beating *an over ranked ND*”

I think we'll be 14.

We should be 8 at worst. 8-0 is better than 7-1. Some of the 7-1 teams may be better than us but as long as we haven't lost, we've done the best we could to show that we're a good team and shouldn't be punished for our schedule being backloaded.

I went to bed thinking 13. I still feel good about that. 14 at worst.

Last time Minnesota was ranked ahead of Wisconsin?

Oregon did not look good last night. They only eeked out a win because the pirate can't figure out how to use clock. Washington St should have won in Eugene.

I will also guess 13th. Could be 14th though if Michigan jumps us.

I think we'll be 14.

We should be 8 at worst. 8-0 is better than 7-1. Some of the 7-1 teams may be better than us but as long as we haven't lost, we've done the best we could to show that we're a good team and shouldn't be punished for our schedule being backloaded.

As I've stated a few times....the CFP Rankings are released on November 5th I believe. That's after our bye next week and before the Penn State game. I believe that they tend to view undefeated teams much more favorably, since the preseason bias of the AP and Coaches polls are not factored in. The committee can put less weight into how we played at the beginning of the year and instead focus on how we've looked recently. And since the CFP Rankings are used to determine the teams that make the playoffs, and undefeated power five teams are not going to be left out, I think that we may very well see the Gophers with a top ten ranking by November 9th. Because once the CFP Rankings are released, the AP and Coaches polls really don't matter as much anymore.

I'll say #14. 13 is an unlucky number. If they beat Penn St. they'll enter the top 10 for sure.

Also, if they beat Penn St. it won't be too improbable they'll win out, 12-0, because the Nittany Lions seem the best of last 4 we face.

Not likely, about 1 chance in 16 (6% probability), but not mega-lottery odds either. I figured it this way: 50% chance of a win in each of the four------> probability = 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/16

How long can you keep an unbeaten team who is trashing teams by 22+ points per game behind two-loss teams? I don't think you can so Auburn and ND should be behind us.

Notre Dame should drop to about 20-25.

How long can you keep an unbeaten team who is trashing teams by 22+ points per game behind two-loss teams? I don't think you can so Auburn and ND should be behind us.

I don't worry about it. Beat Penn St and we'll be ranked about 6th. Beat Iowa the next week and we'll be top 5. It will take care of itself. I think Sagarin only has us 24th or something this week after the Maryland game. So some of the computers don't like us at all.

The national disrespect this team has faced is comical.

The icing on the cake is Kirk Herbstreit doing his awkward best to pretend like he doesn’t know how to pronounce ”ski-u-mah”. Precious.

It’s comical how disrespected this board feels. Win next week and we’ll be top 10. Maybe even top 6.

I am guessing 14 or 15 - right behind Michigan.

+1

I'll listen to the argument that a one loss team whose loss came against someone better than anyone we have played and who has a better win that we do should be above us. This late in the year, a 2 loss team being above an undefeated power 5 team is ridiculous.

Will be curious as to how the polls treat Auburn and Notre Dame as well. Probably still ahead of us based on the “reputation” angle and the “gophers haven’t played anyone” notion

Also LSU and Ohio State. LSU throws up some big numbers but barely wins at home against #9 AUB. Buckeyes do the same at home but smoke #13 Badgers.

I feel like the Gophs and Mich end up ahead of Irish.

Top Bottom