What grade would you give the Gophers defense in the dominating win over Maryland?

What grade would you give the Gophers defense in the dominating win over Maryland?

• A

Votes: 51 98.1%
  • B

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• F

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

There’s more than one option in this poll?

If there was better depth it would be a solid A. A- for now. Hopefully, the backups can continue to get more game reps in.

A, no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maryland beat themselves plenty of times though too. We won’t get that in 2 weeks

Maryland beat themselves plenty of times though too. We won’t get that in 2 weeks

That's obviously true...dropped passes, missing wide open WRs, etc. We've seen a lot of that the past 4 weeks. If Maryland makes every play yesterday, I bet they still lose by 17+. MN doesn't need EVERYTHING to go right to win...even against PSU. I'm sorry, but the Gophers are a really good team. If they play clean and PSU plays clean, it's gonna be a very close game -- I'd guess something like 23-20.

A. Really shows how dominant this defense can be if the offense is clicking and chewing up time. Lots of different players making plays all over the field.

That's obviously true...dropped passes, missing wide open WRs, etc. We've seen a lot of that the past 4 weeks. If Maryland makes every play yesterday, I bet they still lose by 17+. MN doesn't need EVERYTHING to go right to win...even against PSU. I'm sorry, but the Gophers are a really good team. If they play clean and PSU plays clean, it's gonna be a very close game -- I'd guess something like 23-20.

How many of those were indirectly caused by the Gopher defense though? It's harder to see receivers when you're worried about pressure and you're more likely to drop the ball if you're bracing for a hit because the defense has been right on you after the catch all game.

PSU will be tougher and not make as many mistakes but I bet Maryland doesn't make as many mistakes against a worse defense when they can prioritize looking for receivers and receivers can catch the ball before worrying about what to do next.

Hard to complain too much. A-, B+. The defensive line looked pretty good to me, getting pressure even 3 on 5 at least once. Nice blitzes at times. Williamson, Winfield, Durr, Oliver stood out to me. Still a bit worried about Sori Marin’s athleticism but maybe he’s just a little tentative being new. He seems like he’ll be able to capably full Barbers shoes. Another QB left the game. Getting to be a trend.

Top Bottom