What grade would you give the Gophers offense in the dominating win over Maryland?

What grade would you give the Gophers offense in the dominating win over Maryland?

• A

Votes: 52 91.2%
  • B

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• F

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I think anytime you hold the ball for 40+ minutes on offense, you get an A. We were able to do anything we wanted against that defense. Worst thing I can say is Maryland tipped a number of passes.

A, no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy A when you old the ball for over 40 minutes and score 52 points....that said....

There still feels like another level for this offense to reach which sounds crazy after scoring 52. Morgan didn't have a great game, tipped balls, slightly off target on a lot of throws where the receivers had to bail him out with great catches as opposed to catching it in stride, and seemed to be struggling at times early to get the play called in time.

There were a number of times it felt like the running backs were a shoestring tackle away from breaking off a huge gain.

Again, feel crazy saying that they could have done even better then 52 points and nearly 500 yards but honestly feel they could have played even better then they did.

Not to nit pick either because I gave a solid A. The first three drives especially that 90 yarder, Morgan and the receivers were locked in. That drive felt like it finished Maryland.

I went B. B+..... Taking a stand on the silly use of timeouts early in each half. Time outs need to be coveted. More of a coaching issue though.

Luck-O-Meter definitely tilted in the Gophers favor for once...or more...today and the season.

About time.

Luck-O-Meter definitely tilted in the Gophers favor for once...or more...today and the season.

About time.

They were very unlucky against Fresno State, Georgia Southern, and Purdue and won those games.

About time.

Luck? Please tell me you’re not attributing a 52-10 SPANKING to a tilt of the “Luck-O-Meter”....pathetic. When will people give the Gophers credit for just being a solid team? **** comments like yours

Luck? Please tell me you’re not attributing a 52-10 SPANKING to a tilt of the “Luck-O-Meter”....pathetic. When will people give the Gophers credit for just being a solid team? **** comments like yours

No, what Billd is referring to is that the luck is bouncing Gophs way where it has gone against them in the past. Not taking away from the performance at all. That tip catch would have been an INT somehow in past years.

Went with an A. Tanner had an average game stats wise but did exactly what was needed to keep the offense moving. I so wish they had noticed him uncovered wide out on the wildcat down by the goal line. He was trying to get Seth's attention without being too obvious.

Over 300 yards on the ground implies total domination and garners an A every time. I suppose TM struggling a little bit might drop that to an A-. I continue to wonder if he isn’t a little sore somewhere as his throws have looked a little wobbly, a little off a couple weeks in a row now which is very uncharacteristic for a very, very accurate passer. The bye week should help that if that’s the case. Or, maybe it’s more mental as the weight of expectations starts to bear down.

Like MNVCGUY feel like the sky is the limit right now. So many weapons, just need execution. Really, really impressive and exactly what we’ve been waiting for.

I did wonder why they put Kramer in the game in the series after Clark came in...seems like a waste of his second game appearance. Wow, Clark just further confirmed he has a big arm as well.

Over 300 yards on the ground implies total domination and garners an A every time. I suppose TM struggling a little bit might drop that to an A-. I continue to wonder if he isn’t a little sore somewhere as his throws have looked a little wobbly, a little off a couple weeks in a row now which is very uncharacteristic for a very, very accurate passer. The bye week should help that if that’s the case. Or, maybe it’s more mental as the weight of expectations starts to bear down.

Like MNVCGUY feel like the sky is the limit right now. So many weapons, just need execution. Really, really impressive and exactly what we’ve been waiting for.

Not sure with Morgan, but that INT throw was really overthrown...defender was 2-3 strides ahead of receiver. Would have been a TD if he hit the receiver short. He did exactly what was needed to move the offense, so not a concern for me.

Top Bottom