Who is the Gophers MVP in the dominating win over Maryland?

• Rodney Smith

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • Coney Durr

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Antoine Winfield Jr

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Tanner Morgan

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 9 12.7%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

The defense. Shout out to Oliver, Winfield, and Durr

Rodney Smith. He got really tough yards early in the game, to keep drives alive.

Honestly, it was a complete team effort. Hard to choose one standout from such a dominating performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Williamson. He filled that Kamal Martin void, as odd as it sounds to say a DB covered up for an LB's absence.

I heard on the radio that Rodney Smith passed Darrell Thompson in UMN all purpose yards when he got his one yard touchdown. I'll give the MVP to Smith on that stat. It is fantastic to see him comeback this season.

Oliver had a real good day especially early when it was still 0-0;0-7;0-14

I heard on the radio that Rodney Smith passed Darrell Thompson in UMN all purpose yards when he got his one yard touchdown. I'll give the MVP to Smith on that stat. It is fantastic to see him comeback this season.

This was my thought when I voted. That record had been around for a while and Smith isn't done.

This was my thought when I voted. That record had been around for a while and Smith isn't done.

Yes. And Darrell Thompson was a truly great all-time Golden Gopher. To surpass one of his records is a real achievement.

This is a tough one as I feel like the defense really was the star of the show. That said if I had to pick one individual, I had to go with Rodney Smith. It didn't seem like that long ago that I felt like Mo Ibrahim was the best back on the roster...and then Rodney absolutely took off. To me, Rodney seems better now than he has at any point in his career which is a complement to both his revovery and to this offensive system.

For me, most difficult game to choose an MVP as it was such a dominating performance and maybe the most complete team win. I would say Rodney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWJr. His early pick set the tone for the game. After that INT I knew this was no longer a trap fame and we would win comfortably.

I had the same thought but went with Winfield and another early pick 6. The entire team played well.

Top Bottom