Maryland is incredibly talented, and unbelievably fast

RememberMurray

Reaction score
... and they have lots and lots and lots of highly-rated recruits!

We have heard this stuff, over and over, for two years or more.

If we assume that narrative is all true, and we take into account the fact that the Gophers just utterly curb-stomped the Terps, I guess the best way to describe the Minnesota football squad must be...

A) ... hey, not too bad.

B) ... well, could be worse.

C) ... Ya. Can't complain.

How bad is Syracuse, and how were they ranked? That overrating resulted in Maryland being overrated and ranked too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice beat down. Maryland stayed true to their story the past few years of not getting up after getting knocked down.

Not trying to take the piss out a fantastic win.

They're fast no question, but I don't think they have an incredible amount of overall talent. They have below average QB play, get pushed around by physical and fairly athletic front lines, and are too reliant on big plays.

Can’t complain. Is Maryland a real team? Surely PSU is a real team...unless we beat them. Then we’ve simply exposed another fake team.

Can’t complain. Is Maryland a real team? Surely PSU is a real team...unless we beat them. Then we’ve simply exposed another fake team.

We'll probably knock their starting QB from the game and win going away. It'll be just another win with an * !

I don't know if MD, Purdue, and Nebraska are just good at exposing bad defenses. If you are schematically sound, you can stop them if you make your tackles, if not it's going to be a long day.

MD especially seems to be able to expose teams who have either schematic problems, or just bad tackling, where our defense this year handled it very well.
Just a total 180 from last year.

And yes, this completes the Robb Smith redemption tour.

I don't know if MD, Purdue, and Nebraska are just good at exposing bad defenses. If you are schematically sound, you can stop them if you make your tackles, if not it's going to be a long day.

MD especially seems to be able to expose teams who have either schematic problems, or just bad tackling, where our defense this year handled it very well.
Just a total 180 from last year.

And yes, this completes the Robb Smith redemption tour.

Our revenge tour isn’t over. Penn State has the Governor’s Victory Bell and I’m still mad about our OT loss in University Park. Iowa still has the Floyd. Little piggy needs to come back, he misses his Momma. We lost to NW last season, time to change that too. Robb Smith redemption complete, revenge tour still in progress.

Our revenge tour isn’t over. Penn State has the Governor’s Victory Bell and I’m still mad about our OT loss in University Park. Iowa still has the Floyd. Little piggy needs to come back, he misses his Momma. We lost to NW last season, time to change that too. Robb Smith redemption complete, revenge tour still in progress.

Iowa is definitely part of the Robb Smith redemption tour! It was the second stop.

Kind of a ridiculous post.

If we assume that narrative is all true, and we take into account the fact that the Gophers just utterly curb-stomped the Terps, I guess the best way to describe the Minnesota football squad must be...

A) ... hey, not too bad.

Hey Murray - I have seen you make a couple posts now very upset that people would dare to say MD isn’t a good team. I asked you before, but don’t recall you answering. Do YOU think Maryland is a good team?

A) ... hey, not too bad.

Feel like I'm watching a weird episode of Letterkenny...

Jebus. Who invited this guy??

Drunk uncle, telling you for the 137th time that you need to floss your teeth every night. OK enough!!

MN is beating bad teams. That is an improvement over prior years. They are not overlooking anyone.
MD is a crap team.
I watched PSU dismantle a competent MSU team. IA has a good defense and an adequate offense. NWA is done for the year.
WI struggled against NWA, crapped the bed against ILL but dismantled MI and MSU. No one in the BIG is going to beat tOSU this year.
All of the games IA, MN and WI have played so far are meaningless compared to how they play in November.
Let the games begin.

MN is beating bad teams. That is an improvement over prior years. They are not overlooking anyone.
MD is a crap team.
I watched PSU dismantle a competent MSU team. IA has a good defense and an adequate offense. NWA is done for the year.
WI struggled against NWA, crapped the bed against ILL but dismantled MI and MSU. No one in the BIG is going to beat tOSU this year.
All of the games IA, MN and WI have played so far are meaningless compared to how they play in November.
Let the games begin.

Great post!

MD is a crap team.
Let the games begin.

Gophs beat MD almost as badly as PSU. Mich State is the B1G East version of Illinois...they are very average at best.

Gophs beat MD almost as badly as PSU.

Yes. We are both good teams and we both beat the same bad team badly. Makes sense.

The Gophers are 8-0 and have got there with impressive victories. No one needs to inflate the competition to make that point.

Nebraska, Illinois and Maryland are not good teams. That’s not the point. People who say “ya Minnesota hasn’t beaten any real teams” are missing the point. It’s not like we’re squeaking by bad teams. We’re eviscerating them like Ohio State does every year. We can’t help that our schedule has been easy.

Nebraska, Illinois and Maryland are not good teams. That’s not the point. People who say “ya Minnesota hasn’t beaten any real teams” are missing the point. It’s not like we’re squeaking by bad teams. We’re eviscerating them like Ohio State does every year. We can’t help that our schedule has been easy.

We aren’t OhSt, we know this because of how many NFL draft picks are on their team vs our team. People who are ignoring what ever similarities exist between margins of victory actually do get the salient point. which is, its all about talent.

Hey Murray - I have seen you make a couple posts now very upset that people would dare to say MD isn’t a good team. I asked you before, but don’t recall you answering. Do YOU think Maryland is a good team?

Hey, Spoof: No, I do not think Maryland is a good team. I think the Gophers are a much better team than Maryland. My original post was intended to gently point out to people here that they can now put to bed their long-held fears of losing to Maryland — a team that many insisted was "fast and talented" — since we now know Maryland is, in fact, not even close to as good as Minnesota.

I did not send this from my iPhone, and I am not using Tapatalk.

Who's NWA? Northwest Airlines hasn't existed as an entity in 8 years...

Top Bottom