Fleck pitching for Gameday in press conference.

After showing the highlights from our game during College Football Final, they showed Fleck's presser pitching for Gameday. The College Football Final guys were with Fleck. We've got to win this Penn State game. Everybody is rowing the boat!!!

Apparently the Gopher's Football twitter page is also advocating for Game Day.

gophers.jpg

Man, the whole program is lobbying HARD. Love it!

I did not hear it myself, info comes from my nephew, but he said he listens to Kirk Herbstreit’s (sp?) podcast and that earlier in the week, KH said if both Minnesota and Penn State we’re undefeated, it would be difficult not come here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fleck has a point. It would be the better unique story. They have Alabama ALL the time.

I’ll be honest, that Fleck energy is hard to not enjoy. It’s infectious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rece Davis, who is from Alabama and a Crimson Tide alum, mentions LSU football in 3 of his last 4 tweets.

LSU at Alabama is #2 at #1. The AP poll began in the 1936 season. In at least 850 weeks of polls since then, the #1 and #2 ranked teams have met in the regular season on just 25 occasions, including the game in Tuscaloosa in two weeks. We are a big story and if some teams above us lose this coming weekend and lose by enough, we have an outside chance of reaching #10, won't lose ground at #13, and Penn State won't lose ground at #5. However, #1 vs. #2 is a big, big deal when it happens in season. Gameday goes where the stories are, and barring that to where there is an interesting location and/or a great atmosphere. If Bama vs. LSU was #2 vs. #6, Gameday would probably have already declared it was on the way here. I think we are on their radar for the Wisconsin game as long as we make it there with 1 loss at the most, regardless of whether or not the Badgers right their ship. However, I just cannot see Gameday passing up #1 vs. #2 no matter how much of a feel good story the Gophers are.

LSU at Alabama is #2 at #1. The AP poll began in the 1936 season. In at least 850 weeks of polls since then, the #1 and #2 ranked teams have met in the regular season on just 25 occasions, including the game in Tuscaloosa in two weeks. We are a big story and if some teams above us lose this coming weekend and lose by enough, we have an outside chance of reaching #10, won't lose ground at #13, and Penn State won't lose ground at #5. However, #1 vs. #2 is a big, big deal when it happens in season. Gameday goes where the stories are, and barring that to where there is an interesting location and/or a great atmosphere. If Bama vs. LSU was #2 vs. #6, Gameday would probably have already declared it was on the way here. I think we are on their radar for the Wisconsin game as long as we make it there with 1 loss at the most, regardless of whether or not the Badgers right their ship. However, I just cannot see Gameday passing up #1 vs. #2 no matter how much of a feel good story the Gophers are.

They’ve certainly done LSU vs Bama Gameday a lot.

Again...I have mentioned this multiple times already....the College Football Playoff Rankings come out on November 5th. That's after next weeks bye. They wait until after week ten in order to remove any preseason bias. That includes one loss teams that are still ranked higher than us because they never left the top 25. I would venture to guess that we'll jump some of those one loss teams in the first CFP rankings. Because as an undefeated power five team....they wouldn't be able to leave us out of the playoff in favor of one of those teams. So if we win out and those teams do as well....when do they jump us in the rankings and what explanation do they give for it? If the issue is that we haven't been tested....then if we lose to Penn State....the committee can easily move those one loss teams from the SEC, Pac-12, and Big 12 right back in front of us.

I expect that is exactly how this will be handled. But I could be wrong. Have we had this many undefeated power five teams this late in the season in previous years? Either way...I would be surprised to see the Gophers in the top ten on November 9th. And as for Alabama and LSU? I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that they'll be #1 and #2. I think that Ohio State has made a solid case to be either #1 or #2.

I love the way that your HC is fighting for his team and the fans as a great coach should.

Game day would be great to show off your school.

We may not get it for Penn St. I think we should. I would bet my house on it that when we beat PSU and run the table leading up to Wisconsin we get game day. The story would be about MN being the Cinderella story In CFB. We’d be playing for a chance at history and the opportunity, when we beat WI, to knock off OSU and play for the Natty.

That is true. But I'm guessing the week we play Wisconsin here is the same week as the Iron Bowl. They could go to Tuscaloosa for that.

The Iron Bowl is in Auburn. I was in Tuscaloosa yesterday for the first time. I'd love to see Gameday in Minneapolis, but most of the country would be scratching their heads if it happened and Gameday would be passing up a sure thing in Tuscaloosa.

We may not get it for Penn St. I think we should. I would bet my house on it that when we beat PSU and run the table leading up to Wisconsin we get game day. The story would be about MN being the Cinderella story In CFB. We’d be playing for a chance at history and the opportunity, when we beat WI, to knock off OSU and play for the Natty.

If you were to beat Penn. and win all 3 or 2 of your last three games or all 3 of your last games you should get the Game Day. If not then your bowl game should be a big one and winning it would go a long way for recruiting!

TALON

www.gsufans.com

I'm not sure I even care that much that Gsmedau is possibly coming to Minnesota. I do know this it is pretty awesome that Coach Fleck wants them here to help promote Minnesota program and this video shows how fired up He can be as coach. He is changing perceptions and the narrative about Minnesota football. Used to get crap from co-workers about Minnesota football being weak, and Gopher football stinks. There is less of this and even the Badger fans and Hawkeye fans are nothing Minnesota Golden Gophers are not only better, there is far less lip, trash talk, and put downs about Gopher shirts on Fridays, even less smack talk from Vikings fans only. People know the Gophers are changing things up, and more peopke on board with Row the Boat and believing in this head Coach. Reusse making fun of Rutgers proves the Gophers are winning, and Reusse trolling is losing.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

I think Fleck is doing the right thing campaigning even if it's not flattering.

Our media is too professional to instigate something like this, so Fleck is talking about it so even if we don't get it, he's getting press. Some of it nationally.
We sure know Nebraska fans are talking about it.

Fleck enthusiastically campaigning for CGD has me thinking that he's very confident in the PSU game. I don't think he'd be campaigning this hard if he didn't think we matched up well. He wants as much press there as possible when the Gophers storm the national stage.

They love Fleck and already have a segment covered in talking about how he lobbied them to show up.

They love Fleck and already have a segment covered in talking about how he lobbied them to show up.

Yup. Fleck lobbying segment. Ding.
Casey O'Brien segment. Ding.
Segment on 3-headed monsters at RB and WR including interviews where they say they don't care who gets the yards or scores. Ding.
Segment on RPO. Ding.

Yup. Fleck lobbying segment. Ding.
Casey O'Brien segment. Ding.
Segment on 3-headed monsters at RB and WR including interviews where they say they don't care who gets the yards or scores. Ding.
Segment on RPO. Ding.

So if we are fortunate enough to have Game day at Minnesota, Where do you think they would set up? TCF Plaza, Northrup Mall? Other?

So if we are fortunate enough to have Game day at Minnesota, Where do you think they would set up? TCF Plaza, Northrup Mall? Other?

It needs to be someplace large. Can US Bank Stadium hold 4 million?

I think Fleck is doing the right thing campaigning even if it's not flattering.

Our media is too professional to instigate something like this, so Fleck is talking about it so even if we don't get it, he's getting press. Some of it nationally.
We sure know Nebraska fans are talking about it.

Yes they are talking about it. One of the reasons that Gameday might be gun-shy is the fact that the Ohio State - Nebraska game was so lousy. Nebraska dropped the ball big time (losing by a record amount on a Gameday match-up), so that debacle (caused 100% by Cornhusker's SH*TTY play) ruined it for the rest of the B1G.

Nebraska is panning us, but the Cornhusters really suck.

Yes they are talking about it. One of the reasons thatGameday might be gun-shy is the fact that the Ohio State - Nebraska game was so lousy. Nebraska dropped the ball big time (losing by a record amount on a Gameday match-up), so that debacle (caused 100% by Cornhusker's SH*TTY play) ruined it for the rest of the B1G.

Like .... whose fault is that?

They picked a game most folks could have told them would be a blow out.

I think they would probably close down a street in dinky town....? I guess I'm not sure how close to the stadium they like to be.

Oh...and they could also do a quick segment on the song 'Drive' by Incubus and how the music video was recorded in the McNamara Alumni Center.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yes they are talking about it. One of the reasons that Gameday might be gun-shy is the fact that the Ohio State - Nebraska game was so lousy. Nebraska dropped the ball big time (losing by a record amount on a Gameday match-up), so that debacle (caused 100% by Cornhusker's SH*TTY play) ruined it for the rest of the B1G.

No, Nebraska didn't drop the ball it was TPTB that dropped the ball. Anyone with half a brain knew Nebraska was not legit and Ohio State was going to roll them.

Sounds like Memphis vs SMU is at the top of the list...hasn't been anounced yet though.

That would be for this weekend. Our game on the 9th is up against another Alabama / LSU matchup.

No, Nebraska didn't drop the ball it was TPTB that dropped the ball. Anyone with half a brain knew Nebraska was not legit and Ohio State was going to roll them.

Yep, don't know what their other choices were for that game but there was little doubt how that one was going to turn out. That said, Gameday really isn't about the actual game itself in a lot of ways, it is about the campus and environment. Gameday should come here because it is something different, question is if TPTB over at ESPN will see it that way.

Herbstreet tweeted that he wants to come here, and while he doesn't make the decision his opinion has to count for something.

Top Bottom