Fleck pitching for Gameday in press conference.

Awesome.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Go for it ! So easy to notice how everyone loves a winner.

I hope they come and tell everyone that PJ sold them on it.

Surprised no one has said something negative about this yet.

Me too.
We lived with Glen Mason referring to the “trinket games” and being okay with Iowa fans ripping down our own goal posts. I don’t want any part of that again.

Give me a coach who is confident enough to politic for something the fans want and bring exposure to the program.

The Bama game may be a better game and more important nationally but we're by far the better storyline.

I'm a bit worried about what turnout would be but if Fleck is pushing for it he should be able to push people to show up if we get it.

The Bama game may be a better game and more important nationally but we're by far the better storyline.

I'm a bit worried about what turnout would be but if Fleck is pushing for it he should be able to push people to show up if we get it.

Don't forget. Squakeyes and Ugly Red folks all move to Minnesota to find a job that pays more than 20 grand a year. So there will be lots of other color there, plus a contingent of PSU fans. There will be a lot of people there...

You're worried what the turnout would be for the Gameday filming? Minnesotans show out for big national events. Plus, you're probably talking 1,500ish people who actually fill up the areas that get into the shot behind the set. It's not like they need 20,000 people out there.

I think there’s a 60/40 chance this could happen. It all depends on the big wigs at ESPN. I don’t think anyone knows where their heads are at.

#1 vs #2 doesn't happen very often during the regular season. It's hard to see CGD passing on that, but MN and PSU sure put them in a tough spot making a decision. It'll be a fun couple weeks following news on game time, CGD, ranking (including CFP), etc.

He said 4 million people would show up for Game Day so don't be surprised if the biggest clown adds it to his list of those dastardly PJ lies like "Only 9 seniors" or "Took a salary cut" or whatever.

#1 vs #2 doesn't happen very often during the regular season. It's hard to see CGD passing on that, but MN and PSU sure put them in a tough spot making a decision. It'll be a fun couple weeks following news on game time, CGD, ranking (including CFP), etc.

That is true. But I'm guessing the week we play Wisconsin here is the same week as the Iron Bowl. They could go to Tuscaloosa for that.

CBS took the game as a day game, so maybe ESPN / ABC doesn't feel as much of a need to promote that game.
That seems to be a break in our favor.

Also, you have two 8-0 matchups.
The only thing that makes one better is the voters.

He said 4 million people would show up for Game Day so don't be surprised if the biggest clown adds it to his list of those dastardly PJ lies like "Only 9 seniors" or "Took a salary cut" or whatever.

Things were just fine on here today till you showed up trying to start something. Can’t ya just enjoy a great day schmock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They U stepped up their press conference game with microphones for the reporter's questions.

That's so great. I have to think that this gives the decision makers pause if they were already planning for Alabama/LSU. And...I think it's worth noting that the CFP Rankings haven't come out yet. And I believe that they become the most noted rankings when they do come out. I could see OSU hopping into the top two. I also think that the Gophers will jump quite a bit. The CFP Rankings pretty much have to view undefeated power five teams more favorably....because you can't leave an undefeated power five team out of the playoffs in favor of a one loss team. I guess I'm not sure....since the playoffs have started....have we had this many undefeated power five teams this late into the season? I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that we could be a top ten team in a couple of weeks. Top ten matchup between Minnesota and Penn State at a campus that they've never been to? If the Bama/LSU game ends up being #1 vs. #3 instead of #2? Yah never know.

I could see them giving us Gameday and waiting for the Iron Bowl to go to Tuscaloosa....because that's going to be a huge game too.

Oh....and as far as other potential Gamedays go.....assuming that we finish strong and so do the Hawkeyes.....we play them week 3 next year (September 19th). That could likely be a target depending on what other games are going that week. Likely a top 25 matchup, early season game with probably nice weather, great rivalry game, BATLLE FOR FLOYD!!! ESPN could sell that.

Last edited:

Game Day or no Game Day, I’m pretty sure the Gophers are going to be fired up for Penn State! The Maryland game just ended and he’s thinking Penn State already!! PJ is wired up on even higher voltage beyond his normal 6 pack Red Bull energy. Two weeks to ramp up ... we might explode.

I think we are now set up to play very well in each of our last four regular season games. Optimistic and anxious and confident we’ll compete for 60 minutes versus Penn State.

Go Gophers!

Fleck is Awesome! That was great!

Seems to me you struggle greatly with the difference between hyperbole and lying. I guess what is important is that you try. Good for you Mully.

dumb

Top Bottom