Maryland Post Game Thread

Sparlimb

Reaction score
I'm no longer worried about Maryland. Boy was that a beating. We are very healthy and very ready for our toughest test of the season. I'm ready for Penn St.

With all those Maryland players going down, I’m very glad we got out of that game healthy. Even if PJ tried his best to leave Morgan in too long.

Hopefully we can have Martin back in 2 weeks!

Other than blowing 6 timeouts in the 1st and 3rd quarters, is there anything else we can complain about? Even missing Martin didn't seem to matter at all. BTW, they showed Martin at the end of the game and he wasn't in pads. So there was no question he wasn't playing this week.

Even Jelen looked good.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Really something. With 60+ years of Gophers' fandom under my belt, trust that we'll be able to survive "trap" games has always been a problem (and increasingly so over the past four decades). Fleck has done a good job this season having the guys prepared and not taking his foot off the gas.

Other than blowing 6 timeouts in the 1st and 3rd quarters, is there anything else we can complain about? Even missing Martin didn't seem to matter at all. BTW, they showed Martin at the end of the game and he wasn't in pads. So there was no question he wasn't playing this week.

Special teams

CAN’T believe we’re 8-0!!!

Possessed the ball for 40+ min.
First team D gave up 3 points. They're really becoming quite stifling.
Spread the carries around and all 3 backs looked explosive.

This team is clicking on all cylinders. How fun is this?!

Still feel like Brooks has a bit to go to being 100% back...just doesn't seem as violent and explosive...maybe never gets it all back. Still looks good...

Still feel like Brooks has a bit to go to being 100% back...just doesn't seem as violent and explosive...maybe never gets it all back. Still looks good...

You really have no clue about anything, do ya?

Still a 6-6 team, right?

Perfect day. Amazing weather for the tailgate. Gophers killed Maryland. Hanging and day drinking with my best buds. Probably my top football experience thus far.

Anyone know if any recruits were at the game today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect day. Amazing weather for the tailgate. Gophers killed Maryland. Hanging and day drinking with my best buds. Probably my top football experience thus far.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Awesome! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really have no clue about anything, do ya?

Still a 6-6 team, right?

Not sure what one has to do with another...do you think Brooks looks like he did before his two knee surgeries? 6-6 until proved wrong...proved wrong. But of course you have never been wrong right highwaydink? What was your prediction for the season? Bet it wasn't them going 8-0 was it. Eat a bag of ....

The kneel down took 2 yards off the total...

Last edited:

It was a perfect day for football ! Still getting used to our section standing through the entire game. I consider this a fantastic problem to have.

You don’t need to stand the entire game to show your support. Stand for big plays and 3rd down plays. Then sit down

I wasn't able to make it back to go to the game, but it looked perfect.

Some thoughts on the game:

-Our OL is dominating the LOS. When teams play their two safeties back, we just maul them upfront. I think teams are going to have to start playing 8-9 in the box and hoping their DBs can make plays.
-Coughlin was destroying the pocket on every single play. He is good stats, but he is better than his stats.
-Our TEs can really block. Kieft and Witham were destroying people today.
-You know, that Winfield is pretty decent (and he made it through a Maryland game w/o getting hurt).
-We have a ton of depth in the secondary, they all played well.
-Josh Aune played quite a bit today on passing situations and played really well. He stood out to me watching on TV because I didn't recognize the number and then I focused on him. If you get a chance, check him out, he played well.
-All of those young LBers played well (Oliver, Sori-Marin, Aune, Rush).

That's about it, it was fun to watch the young guys play.

One gripe/question - did we bring in Kramer to just take a kneel? If so, that's really strange.

Wild, straight from my butt guess: Kramer is solidly the 3rd stringer and there is no plan to play him in meaningful games this year, and for some reason Morgan couldn't go out on the last snap (say a piece on his helmet broke, or a shoe came off, or who knows what), so they threw Kramer out there to take the victory formation snap rather than taking a delay of game or calling a timeout.

Wild, straight from my butt guess: Kramer is solidly the 3rd stringer and there is no plan to play him in meaningful games this year, and for some reason Morgan couldn't go out on the last snap (say a piece on his helmet broke, or a shoe came off, or who knows what), so they threw Kramer out there to take the victory formation snap rather than taking a delay of game or calling a timeout.

I agree with you.

Also, Annexstad has to be getting closer to being back as well so the likelihood of having to burn redshirts is unlikely.

Even if they burn Kramer's this year, very good chance he would still get to have a redshirt year next year if the same group returns.

I agree with you.

Also, Annexstad has to be getting closer to being back as well so the likelihood of having to burn redshirts is unlikely.

Even if they burn Kramer's this year, very good chance he would still get to have a redshirt year next year if the same group returns.

It's not a big deal, but that makes absolutely zero sense. Clark had already played, why wouldn't he have taken the snap.

I get the argument that Kramer, Clark and Annexstad will all likely be able to RS this year. Even if Clark or Kramer is not able to RS this year, they likely will be able to RS next year.

However, it still doesn't make it incredibly bizarre that Kramer took the kneel in the victory formation instead of Clark (who already played) or Seth Green or even Morgan.

Top Bottom