Time for the Athletic Dept & Donors to step up

GopherTrev

Reaction score
It’s not going to get any better than Fleck. Love him or hate him, he wins. His teams are disciplined and he knows how to get on the map. Love that he called for College Gameday postgame. He knows how to market.

You’re dreaming if you think this comes along again. Back up the money truck and sign this man long term. Why not us? Why not now?

I don’t want to hear he hasn’t beaten anyone. He’s won 10 straight and we’ve improved EVERY WEEK!

Ski-U-Mah! Rah!

$5 mil/year sounds about right. I wouldn’t do some crazy Kirk Ferenz long contract yet, but I would do a big pay raise and 4-5 more years.

Last edited:

Coyle made the hire and by all accounts has a great relationship with coach. I really do expect that he will get paid and PJ will be here for the next decade or so.

You can send someone out to rob my hidden safe if it helps.

I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m close to there, but I would like to beat a ranked power 5 team before I give out a 10 year contract.

Last edited:

I would too. Why wouldn’t you?

Because, believe it or not, 10 year contract extensions aren’t handed out after 1 win over a ranked team and a quick lane bowl win.

I’m not sure why what I said was so controversial. A fat raise and 5 more years is more than enough. Do the decade long one in 2–3 more years.

Last edited:

Because, believe it or not, 10 year contract extensions aren’t handed out after 1 win over a ranked team and a quick lane bowl win.

I’m not sure why what I said was so controversial. A fat raise and 5 more years is more than enough. Do the decade long one in 2–3 more years.

5 more year extension would be a decade long. He is currently signed for five years. So you wouldn't extend his contract?

I think you let the rest of this season play out before you commit to a $ figure and year length.

We don't need to get a contract in front his agent this coming BYE week. That's silly.

I think he wants to be the coach at Minnesota, but he absolutely will have leverage (offers from other schools, at the least) to ask for more money and a nice extension, and I think he will get it. How the rest of the season plays out will determine the details.

5 more year extension would be a decade long. He is currently signed for five years. So you wouldn't extend his contract?

Current contract is through 2023. So sign him through 2025. 2 year extension. $5m/year starting next year. So I guess that’s 6 full years.

Last edited:

Why cause 10-2 isn’t good enough?

For a contract through 2030? Maybe if that includes a rose bowl win. Which would actually be 11-3.

Last edited:

I think you let the rest of this season play out before you commit to a $ figure and year length.

We don't need to get a contract in front his agent this coming BYE week. That's silly.

I think he wants to be the coach at Minnesota, but he absolutely will have leverage (offers from other schools, at the least) to ask for more money and a nice extension, and I think he will get it. How the rest of the season plays out will determine the details.

Why is it silly during the bye week? The head coach is recruiting during the bye week. If you're talking to a high school junior, do you want to tell him you're under contract until 2023? Or 2028?

Get him signed to an extension soon. He is constantly recruiting and is very good @ it so lock him in for longer.

Why is it silly during the bye week? The head coach is recruiting during the bye week. If you're talking to a high school junior, do you want to tell him you're under contract until 2023? Or 2028?

The junior won't be able to comprehend a statement like "and I have spoken with our AD, and he assures me that we will be negotiating an extension after the season is over" ?

Of course he will.

You don't knee jerk, hyper-react to things instantaneously. That's not how big business works. Its a business decision. Relax, they're going to do right by Fleck. He got us here.

You’re familiar with Gopher football right?
What we have done the past year is fairly incredible and we have recruits who have offers from traditional power house programs.
Let’s just go all in.

He’s 11-1 in the last 12 games. That’s a season of games. This, with a team that isn’t remotely close to being the most talented team in the conference, if recruiting rankings matter at all. Given our past futility, I’m sold.

Pay the man. Jeff Brohm is making $6.6 million this year.

Here is the other incredible thing.
-our players hand the ball to the ref after every play
-they have the highest GPA in the history of the program
-off field incidents are minimal and dealt with very severely

We’re not just winning. We have a program to be proud of.

This. Everyone saying $5 mill sounds right. Jeff Brohm makes $6.6. Fleck is worth more.

Worth more yes- but then again Brohm hasn’t been worth his contract to date yet either. Doesn’t matter though- can’t see any way The U ponies up close to 6.6

This. Everyone saying $5 mill sounds right. Jeff Brohm makes $6.6. Fleck is worth more.

Where is the $6.6M number coming from?

https://www.hammerandrails.com/2019/4/12/18307903/jeff-brohm-contract-extension

"
Assuming Brohm remains Purdue’s coach through the 2019 season, he will earn $5.35 million in the first year of the deal. His compensation increases to $5.55 million during the 2020 season. In 2021, Brohm’s salary drops to $4.9 million but increases $200,000 the next season and $100,000 through the remainder of the contract, which ends in 2025.
"

Top Bottom