POLL: ANTHRACITE UNIFORMS

How do you really feel about Anthracite Uniforms?

• I hate them

Votes: 37 23.7%
  • Say I hate 'em but don't really care

Votes: 13 8.3%
  • Meh

Votes: 24 15.4%
  • I think they are okay. No biggie.

Votes: 39 25.0%
  • I think they are AWESOME!

Votes: 43 27.6%

• Total voters

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
How do you really feel about Anthracite Uniforms?

If they would change the collar to maroon (or gold) I would think they are really solid. I still like them though.

I feel the same way about the maroon jerseys. A gold collar (or maroon) and they'd be set.

I wish they'd only wear maroon or gold at home but I care about winning about a thousand times more than the jerseys they wear.

I’m OK with the Unis. I just don’t like the amount of time that the players and coaches devote each week to designing them. They only get so many hours a week by NCAA rules and we are wasting a lot of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m OK with the Unis. I just don’t like the amount of time that the players and coaches devote each week to designing them. They only get so many hours a week by NCAA rules and we are wasting a lot of them.

A fair concern.

They are awful. It is absurd that a team uniform would be anything other than team colors. Also, they look like gray practice jerseys.

Exactly how much of this limited time you speak of is devoted to uniform selection? Is there any quantifiable data you could share regarding this?

Love them for one night game a year.

I like them.

They are ok, but would like to see more school color in them. would like to see maroon numbers with gold trim and then some maroon or gold on the collar and/or sleeves.
They just are drab the way they look now.

Needs more green, purple, blue, and hashtags.

And then you also risk the chance of knitting injuries when the players make their uniforms each week.

I like these uniforms for just a game every year. Probably no more than that though.

And then you also risk the chance of knitting injuries when the players make their uniforms each week.

I like these uniforms for just a game every year. Probably no more than that though.

Rumor is that knitting is what caused Martin’s injury.

My reply to Anthracite: WHY? Why anthracite? Is it in homage to the iron ore and taconite industry in NE MN?

I'd prefer simple throw back uniforms for a change (not every game)--see the uni's worn by the 60-62 Gophers. Plain maroon jerseys (real maroon not today's purplish "Chicago maroon"), gold numbers, no names or other embellishments, plain white or old gold pants, white helmets with tri-stripes down the middle---maroon, gold, maroon. Lets return to Greatness!

If they would change the collar to maroon (or gold) I would think they are really solid. I still like them though.

I feel the same way about the maroon jerseys. A gold collar (or maroon) and they'd be set.

The original one had maroon collars and I think that looked worse than these do. Not a big fan because it clashes so much with team colors. Just hard to incorporate with maroon and gold in a good way with it.

Rolled his ankle tripping over a sewing machine.

Actually he strained it from overusing the sewing machine pedal because they couldn't decide on the uni fabric until late in the week.

Ish. But I'm hoping they look glorious on the field today. Win and I won't hate them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They're wearing them today? Time to put my tickets on StubHub. At least with my tv I can change the tint to make them look maroon.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

My reply to Anthracite: WHY? Why anthracite? Is it in homage to the iron ore and taconite industry in NE MN?

I'd prefer simple throw back uniforms for a change (not every game)--see the uni's worn by the 60-62 Gophers. Plain maroon jerseys (real maroon not today's purplish "Chicago maroon"), gold numbers, no names or other embellishments, plain white or old gold pants, white helmets with tri-stripes down the middle---maroon, gold, maroon. Lets return to Greatness!

I don't see the Purple.
I think the current ones are more red than the old ones. The old ones being more brown.

I don't see the Purple.
I think the current ones are more red than the old ones. The old ones being more brown.
Yeah our maroon is fine. I didn't like the more red maroon we had during Mason. Too much like Iowa State.

Confirmed yet? Video looks like chrome and maroon jerseys and pants.

Confirmed yet? Video looks like chrome and maroon jerseys and pants.

Sportscenter does a segment on jerseys each Saturday morning and they showed that combo for the Gophers. I also think they did a similar combination for the "Halloween game" against Indiana game last year. My guess is this will be a yearly thing around this time.

Yeah our maroon is fine. I didn't like the more red maroon we had during Mason. Too much like Iowa State.

Besides his other shortcomings, Mason was f’n colorblind!:mad:

I don't like the idea of the anthracite, but gotta admit they do look good, especially with the chrome lids... Go Gophers!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I voted that I hate anthracite. These uniforms do look pretty good though.

As long as Maroon and Gold are represented, I'm good.

If we go back to leather helmets, then I'm out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom