POLL: ANTHRACITE UNIFORMS

How do you really feel about Anthracite Uniforms?

• I hate them

Votes: 37 23.7%
  • Say I hate 'em but don't really care

Votes: 13 8.3%
  • Meh

Votes: 24 15.4%
  • I think they are okay. No biggie.

Votes: 39 25.0%
  • I think they are AWESOME!

Votes: 43 27.6%

• Total voters
The uniform colors and helmet combo do look sharp but their not our colors...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge fan. It's a great look with the gold lids.

I wish wouldn’t wear them, but I don’t hate them.

Anthracite and gold chrome looks a helluva lot better when the team dominates like it's doing today.

Most horrid uniforms in the storage room. Burn them in effigy after the game. [emoji16]

Basically, if you were born after 1960 you like them, if you were alive to witness our last NC...
you hate them. Get over it, the kids on this team that matter love them. I love them.

Embrace them!

Basically, if you were born after 1960 you like them, if you were alive to witness our last NC...
you hate them. Get over it, the kids on this team that matter love them. I love them.

Embrace them!

Yes. I think that tends to be the case. Lol.

Embrace them!

I was born after 1960. I hate the anthracite. The chrome/gold helmets and great performance were the only things that saved today's combo. They are butt ugly with the solid maroon or gold helmets. White helmets would have been acceptible with today's uni with white-only trim.

I was born after 1960. I hate the anthracite. The chrome/gold helmets and great performance were the only things that saved today's combo. They are butt ugly with the solid maroon or gold helmets. White helmets would have been acceptible with today's uni with white-only trim.

I like anthracite but didn't like them today as much as for a night game.

Way better than the BFBS Nebraska ones today.
And TCU's were hideous. Red digits?

At least they beat Texas.

I like anthracite but didn't like them today as much as for a night game.

Way better than the BFBS Nebraska ones today.
And TCU's were hideous. Red digits?

At least they beat Texas.

Yeah, TCU's unis looked like a 2-year old with a box of crayons colored them in.

Embrace them!
I was born well after 1960 and hate them. I think you mean 1990.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

OK. I've made it known I don't like the anthracite. To me, it can be blah, it's not in the school's color scheme, and probably most of all, it seems that anthracite is a fad that's already expired (kind of like teal anytime after the 1990s). At least today's version looked pretty cool with the white-only trim, white socks, white shoes, and chrome helmets. If I didn't know the school colors, I'd think it looked pretty slick.

Ugly, ugly, no matter which team wears them. No school identification. Minnesota should always be some combination of maroon and gold at home, gold and white on the road. Anthracite is for coal miners.

If we win every game 52-10 we can wear neon pink for all I care.

Love the uniforms-especially the chrome helmets which shine in the low autumn sun (must make it easy for Morgan to recognize his receivers down field).

Love the chrome helmet, fine with the jersey as a once a year thing

Love the helmets. The uniforms are the worst in school history.

And then you also risk the chance of knitting injuries when the players make their uniforms each week.

I like these uniforms for just a game every year. Probably no more than that though.
"knitting injuries" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I love 'em. And 66 votes to 39 say that they're legit and hopefully staying :)

I like the concept of a blackout-type alternative, but I feel like they could do a better job of maintaining the Minnesota identity with a minor redesign.

I really really hope they bring out the chrome with all maroon for the PSU game.

I get the idea of doing something different. Players, recruits, and many fans like it. So, why not have special uniforms now and then? That out of the way, I really didn't like these particular uniforms yesterday because, from the stands, they seemed too dull and dark. It may seem silly to say this, but it was difficult at times to pick out the players against the green of the field, especially when the game moved to the shady part of the field.

In general, I like the Kill era uniforms better than the Fleck uniforms. This is also true when it comes to anthracite. The anthracite uniforms in the kill era were much better in my opinion. Darker gray, incorporated more maroon, gold numbers - just looked more rich to me than the current ones that look like a more washed out gray.

I do like the variety within the helmets for the Fleck era though. I also like that they wear white pants less frequently (especially at home) now.

If there was one game of uniform perfection this year, in my opinion it was the Fresno State game. They had that bright new turf with the checkerboard end zone, their stadium lighting was very bright, and the G/W/G combo for the Gophers contrasted so well and just really 'popped' on that field. The 'running goldy' decal on one side of the helmet also was a fun touch for that game.

Top Bottom