For entertainment purposes only...

Mark in Indy

Reaction score
9cead35dd7bb746aafa3b4cfdf53f554.jpg

Indiana recently legalized sports betting. Put in $25 and playing with house money. Anyone feel strongly on these “for entertainment only outside of legal betting areas” bets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't feel strongly either way, but I will say that I have a feeling we don't cover today. I'm very confident of a win, just not by that many points. Hope I'm wrong!

Today's game with Maryland is one I wouldn't touch.

Today's game with Maryland is one I wouldn't touch.

Not only will I touch it, I'll feel it up like an Appalachian with his sister. I've got a few confident rubles on Maryland to cover (but the Gophers will still win).

I don't feel strongly either way, but I will say that I have a feeling we don't cover today. I'm very confident of a win, just not by that many points. Hope I'm wrong!

I've heard lots of people saying that the point spread is way too high. I get it, but I'm on the other side. I don't know why, but I think the Gophers absolutely paste them.

I've heard lots of people saying that the point spread is way too high. I get it, but I'm on the other side. I don't know why, but I think the Gophers absolutely paste them.

I'm with you. I think gophers cover. Going to depend on Kirk probably but I think we'll see a heavy dose of slant passes early. I don't think defense will come close to shutting out Maryland but offense should put up a lot of points.

Gophers in the high 30s today.
Maryland less than 20

That’s a cover

I don't bet - for the same reason I don't play fantasy football. when I watch a game, I want to be focused on the outcome - not on whether one team wins by a certain margin, or whether a specific player gains X amt of yards or scores X TD's.

to each his own. If you enjoy gambling or fantasy football, more power to you. just not my thing. I worked with a guy once who was in 4 different fantasy football leagues. I think it would be fair to say that his focus was not always on his work.......

I'll be on the Gophers because I am a rube.....but I am not totally confident. That's a pretty large spread.

Otherwise....for the early games.....I've got OSU over Wisconsin (-8 1st half), Pitt over Miami (-3 1st half), and Iowa over NW (-5 1st half).

I'll probably lose all three.

I went with Maryland. Emotional hedge and that’s a lot of points.

Also like Oklahoma state +10 at Iowa State.
And I took Wisconsin +14.5.

Line makers did a good job, as they seem to have split those on this thread evenly.

Top Bottom