***OFFICIAL MARYLAND AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Treyson Potts! Heir apparent. At least one of them to replace Smith and Brooks.

Treyson Potts! Heir apparent. At least one of them to replace Smith and Brooks.

Yeah, Fleck talks him and Wiley up a lot. They both look super explosive. Potts showed nice patience and vision on that drive as well...

Really starting to like the picture coming into play with depth and turnover on this team. Lots of time to think during the bye week about how soon is not too late to pay PJ...

Why put Kramer in for victory formation and burn one game?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Why put Kramer in for victory formation and burn one game?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I don’t get that either. Hopefully doesn’t end up mattering in the end, but seemed odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plugging for game day!!! Love it!!!!!

This team is definitely hitting on all cylinders. It’s going to be a long 2 weeks.

Great game! Fun two weeks coming up!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gonna be a fun 2 weeks leading up to this one. Biggest game since 03?

GAME DAY! YEAH PJ FLECK YOU HAVE A CASE.

Will we have our own Game Day thread??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This team is definitely hitting on all cylinders. It’s going to be a long 2 weeks.

You could always revive your crusade against PJ.

I can't remember a time when it seemed like both the Gophers offense and the Gophers defense was capable of absolutely dominating a B1G opponent, but here we are. Obviously all the caveats about the schedule apply, but these are power 5 football teams that the Gophers are clearly getting the better of on both sides of the ball which is just a joy to watch. Today the run game was tremendous and the defense didn't allow anything of note including a very encouraging stop at the goal line before halftime to hold Maryland to a field goal.

I had a couple negative words and I'll start with the special teams that continue to be a major concern. Today, the Gophers continued to have poor kickoffs, Douglas muffed a punt, Herbers had a short punt, and Lantz doinked in a very short kick. I also thought Tanner Morgan was off today as that deep throw to Bateman was never there and he threw a couple other "oh no" balls that just happened to find the turf instead of Maryland defenders hands. Tanner has done some really nice things this year, but when he does make a bad decision...it's a really, really bad one.

Obvisously, this was another terrific win that vastly exceeded my expectations so the good far outweighed the bad. It was great to see the Gopher defense continue to play stout without Kamal Martin (get well soon!) and to watch this Gopher offensive line and a variety of backs run up and down the field on Maryland.

Fleck and his staff continue to appear to be pressing all the right buttons as this team has not looked flat much at all since conference play began which is rare for a college team.

I can't remember a time when it seemed like both the Gophers offense and the Gophers defense was capable of absolutely dominating a B1G opponent, but here we are. Obviously all the caveats about the schedule apply, but these are power 5 football teams that the Gophers are clearly getting the better of on both sides of the ball which is just a joy to watch. Today the run game was tremendous and the defense didn't allow anything of note including a very encouraging stop at the goal line before halftime to hold Maryland to a field goal.

I had a couple negative words and I'll start with the special teams that continue to be a major concern. Today, the Gophers continued to have poor kickoffs, Douglas muffed a punt, Herbers had a short punt, and Lantz doinked in a very short kick. I also thought Tanner Morgan was off today as that deep throw to Bateman was never there and he threw a couple other "oh no" balls that just happened to find the turf instead of Maryland defenders hands. Tanner has done some really nice things this year, but when he does make a bad decision...it's a really, really bad one.

Obvisously, this was another terrific win that vastly exceeded my expectations so the good far outweighed the bad. It was great to see the Gopher defense continue to play stout without Kamal Martin (get well soon!) and to watch this Gopher offensive line and a variety of backs run up and down the field on Maryland.

Fleck and his staff continue to appear to be pressing all the right buttons as this team has not looked flat much at all since conference play began which is rare for a college team.

Special Teams play stand out as an area of concern. They may get away with it with teams like Maryland. Going deep into the season and if they make it to the Big Ten title game, it might be a difference maker.

Rush, Sori-Marin, and Oliver accounted for themselves really well. Martin will heal up in time for Penn State. This is probably the biggest turning point game ever for as long as I can remember.

There is no doubt the Gophers are well coached and are playing total team game. The whole is greater than the individuals.

Top Bottom