***OFFICIAL MARYLAND AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

A healthy Maryland beat Syracuse 63 - 20, when the Orangemen were ranked #21. Maryland will be healthy again today after weeks of injuries. Beware.

Gophers need to get out to a good start. Don't let Jackson get into a groove after being out for a few weeks.

A healthy Maryland beat Syracuse 63 - 20, when the Orangemen were ranked #21. Maryland will be healthy again today after weeks of injuries. Beware.

Syracuse has wins over Liberty, Holy Cross and Western Michigan. They're terrible and their start of season ranking is meaningless.

That same maryland with Jackson and McFrarland lost to Penn State 59-0. And Syracuse being ranked 21 is a clear reason why early season rankings mean nothing. Syracuse is currently 3-4 with wins over Liberty, Holy Cross and Western Michigan.

Every team has athletes and can make things happen if you give them a chance. Play like we are capable of playing and this one will not be close.

I hold to the theory that it's all about match-ups. In the last couple of meetings, the Gophers' defense - for whatever reason - has not matched up well with Maryland's offense.

So, I think the key to today's game is whether Joe Rossi and the defensive coaches can come up with a game plan that helps the Gopher defenders match up more effectively with Maryland's big-play guys on offense.

Keep Maryland from breaking big plays, and I like the Gophers' chances to win by a decent margin. If Maryland is able to break some big plays early, things could get more interesting than we would like.

This years defense has been very good at not giving up big plays...that is what has killed us the last two years against MD. If we can keep them in front of us and make them drive the field...I like our chances as our offense if much more balanced.

About that time. Come out like we have in every other big ten game and we'll be fine.

There’s been some dude in the game thread over the last several years proclaiming the game a loss halfway through the first quarter, going out to mow the lawn..the mood is pretty dark in the hole today...feels like it could be that kind of day if things stagnate early on. I’m feeling totally relaxed about this one. We’ll see.

Maryland is not good. At all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helmets look good. Certainly better than whoever threw up on Maryland's helmet.

Couldn’t have asked for a better start.

It's gonna be fun to lead for 57 of these 60 minutes.

Why the timeout?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Man, Sori-Marin looks so slow. Was he in on the first drive too or are they rotating?

He was on the first drive. He looks more like a DT.

Thanks. Yeah, with him and Barber in there it's like a 1980's NFL defense. They may as well have huge neckrolls on. Oliver is a different kinda athlete, but perhaps he's not as sound in the run game.

Nice stop there, though.

Top Bottom