***OFFICIAL MARYLAND AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
HERE WE ARE GOPHER FANS!!!!! 7-0, 9 STRAIGHT GAMES!!! We have a beautiful fall day on Saturday, the students will be rocking, the alumni will be on cloud 9 and the Gophers will improve to 8-0.

We gotta come out and get crowd going early. Establish the run, but nail a couple of play action bombs to our stud WRs.

GET 'ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be the toughest game of the year so far. Big challenge. #21’s replacement is going to have to play big. Hope the Gophs can win this one and get a week off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 Minutes until game day... I am psyched !

We are 0-0. This is the Maryland Championship Week.

#WhyNotUs

Go Gophers!!

This will be the toughest game of the year so far. Big challenge. #21’s replacement is going to have to play big. Hope the Gophs can win this one and get a week off!

I keep hearing this narrative from many of our fans.....almost like they think we will be lucky to win this game. Could we lose, sure, but if we play a clean game on offense this one will not be close. Maryland's defense, especially their pass defense, is really really bad.

Maybe I will be wrong and those fearing this game will be right but I just don't see it. This is not a good Maryland team, and we are playing them at home. Fleck will have the guys ready to go and my gut tells me the team is going to come out with something to prove.

I've spent the whole week focusing only on the Terrapins. Haven't looked past this game for a second. I know this will help..

This is unfamiliar territory for us folks. Our Gophers are 7-0, have won 9 straight games.

Yet, I am still in pins and needles about the Maryland game. I am all psyched up, but nervous.

This has been an exciting unreal season!!!!!

Go Gophers!…

I keep hearing this narrative from many of our fans.....almost like they think we will be lucky to win this game. Could we lose, sure, but if we play a clean game on offense this one will not be close. Maryland's defense, especially their pass defense, is really really bad.

Maybe I will be wrong and those fearing this game will be right but I just don't see it. This is not a good Maryland team, and we are playing them at home. Fleck will have the guys ready to go and my gut tells me the team is going to come out with something to prove.

Sounds like they’ll be getting their starting QB back, their best RB back, and a starting OL back this week. Plus we’ve struggled against Maryland the last few times. Plus #21 won’t be playing. It’s going to take a total team effort from start to finish imo. Hope there’s a big crowd!!!

Last edited:

Can anyone confirm if Texas-Gopher is on his way to the bowling alley?

Maryland isn’t very good. They are actually pretty bad.

I’m excited for today. Woke up clutching an oar

Time to shine, Oliver. Opportunity for the guys to make history and set up a titanic date for Nov 9.

Need to start fast today. Seems to me we’ve been behind against MD right from the start in the past. Let’s get to 8-0 today! Go Gophers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hold to the theory that it's all about match-ups. In the last couple of meetings, the Gophers' defense - for whatever reason - has not matched up well with Maryland's offense.

So, I think the key to today's game is whether Joe Rossi and the defensive coaches can come up with a game plan that helps the Gopher defenders match up more effectively with Maryland's big-play guys on offense.

Keep Maryland from breaking big plays, and I like the Gophers' chances to win by a decent margin. If Maryland is able to break some big plays early, things could get more interesting than we would like.

I'd definitely list Nebraska and at Purdue as tougher. we are 16 point favorites, that makes it a game we actually should win. Could we pull off a Wisconsin-Illinois choke job? Of course. But you could say thtlat any week.

All that said, dont care if we win pretty or win ugly. Get the win, get to the bye week, and start prepping for the prove it part of the schedule.

I hold to the theory that it's all about match-ups. In the last couple of meetings, the Gophers' defense - for whatever reason - has not matched up well with Maryland's offense.

So, I think the key to today's game is whether Joe Rossi and the defensive coaches can come up with a game plan that helps the Gopher defenders match up more effectively with Maryland's big-play guys on offense.

Keep Maryland from breaking big plays, and I like the Gophers' chances to win by a decent margin. If Maryland is able to break some big plays early, things could get more interesting than we would like.

It is about matchups, and everyone matches up well against Robb Smith.

I think Maryland is going to give the Gophs everything they got and we better be ready. I will not be surprised of we lose this game.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Sounds like they’ll be getting their starting QB back, their best RB back, and a starting OL back this week. Plus we’ve struggled against Maryland the last few times. Plus #21 won’t be playing. It’s going to take a total team effort from start to finish imo. Hope there’s a big crowd!!!

Somebody mentioned earlier this week that Maryland had their QB and RB when they got blown out 59-0 at home against Penn State. Shouldn't be an excuse to come out and lay an egg.

I'm watching a Culture Club concert this morning to prepare me for the Maryland uniforms...

GameDay noted that Martin is not expected to play.
Everyone on the panel picked the Gophers.

I think Maryland is going to give the Gophs everything they got and we better be ready. I will not be surprised of we lose this game.

I will be. I get it, as a fanbase we are not used to being heavy favorites. We could absolutely lose this game but in order for that to happen we will have to play poorly or commit a bunch of turnovers. Maryland has some athletes, every team we play has some athletes, on defense we just need to continue doing the great job we have been doing of eliminating the big plays since the day Rossi took over.

Illinois and Nebraska hung huge numbers on us last year as well and look what happened in those games. On the flip side we have an offense putting up nearly 40 points a game going against a defense that has been shredded by teams worse then us. They should not be able to stop us, their only real hope is that we stop ourselves with poor execution or turnovers. If the offense plays clean we should be in the 40 point range again and the defense will just need to slow them down for a comfortable win.

Anything can happen as Wisconsin's game against Illinois last week proves but for us to lose this game we are going to have to help Maryland out. Their best against our best we win and by a comfortable margin.

This is a Rossi defense today...with Winfield healthy...big difference from last two matchups.

I will be very surprised if Gophs lose. I think they cover the spread.

Go Gophers!! Maryland is dangerous, as Robert E Lee discovered. Give it all you've got.

Top Bottom