Analysis: Gophers receive a commitment from Georgia WR Dakota Thomas

DanielHouse

Reaction score
The Gophers have received a commitment from Snellville, Ga. wide receiver Dakota Thomas. He chose Minnesota over offers from Penn State, Cincinnati, Louisville and others. This summer, Thomas was a participant in the Gophers’ satellite camp and earned an offer. He grew up in the same city as current Minnesota cornerback Terell Smith.

Thomas is a 6-foot-0, 160-pound wide receiver and displays impressive yards after the catch ability. He creates explosive plays in space and makes defenders miss in the open field. Thomas thrives in the screen game and could have the versatility to line up all over the field in Minnesota’s offense. When I watch Thomas, his agility and sudden releases stand out. In a system that develops wide receivers at a high level, he could become a mismatch because of his athletic traits/style.

He also could take these skills and transition nicely to the defensive side of the ball. He certainly has the quickness and agility to play in the secondary. This is another example of Minnesota recruiting an athlete and determining his best position fit later.

Minnesota now has 24 commitments in the 2020 recruiting class, which ranks No. 33 nationally in 24/7 Sports rankings.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/7603501/5d9d3ab54deb3c0a307b62df' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good hands, nice extra gear, shiftiness is fantastic

He looks like a very good player, and the athleticism is certainly there. I'd probably wanna keep him at receiver, and for sure try him out at returning.

I like what I see here...

Top Bottom