Dakota Thomas commits

Does this mean no Lockett? I felt like we were taking too many WRs before this commit.

Looks like he had a miniscus year at the beginning of his junior year and missed the season. Could end up on defense too.

Does this mean no Lockett? I felt like we were taking too many WRs before this commit.

I think we recruit too many WR's as well, especially for a team that wants a 60/40 run : pass ratio. But I think they'd take Lockett. Sounds like Thomas has position flexibility

Last edited:

I think we recruit too many WR's as well, especially for a team that wants a 60/40 run: pass ratio. But I think they'd take Lockett. Sounds like Thomas has position flexibility

I think that ratio will continue to go to a more 50/50 if not more as the years go on. I think KC is using the great pieces at RB that he has currently to space for wide outs. Plus we have some future QB's who are a little more known for slinging it than Tanner.

Welcome aboard Dakota!

Last edited:

Welcome Dakota! Pretty cool name, get ready to roll some Hawkeye and Illini in a few years.

Terell Smith and Abi N-Okonji are both from Snellville, GA (along with Dakota) Same high school? Nice pick up!
I see now Terell and Abi are from South Gwinett and Dakota is from Shiloh

Last edited:

Nice. Didn't see this one coming. Georgia pipeline continues. Welcome to the Gophers Dakota, you'll love it here :clap:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

The Mdewakanton Sioux community of Prairie Island and Shakopee should embrace this young man as an honorary member! [emoji848][emoji41]

Georgia ATH Dakota Thomas commits to Minnesota

IN HIS OWN WORDS

"This decision was easy because I go where they love me as a person, and not just as an athlete," said Thomas. "Minnesota offered me June 7th, and they always came after me hard.

"I’ve been leaning towards Minnesota for like a month now, and after discussing things with them with my family, I have committed.

"I knew Minnesota was right for me when they showed love for me and went to the full extent to contact me everyday to make sure I was doing well. They made sure I was good academically, mentally and physically.

"I told coach Fleck and coach Chance I was ready to commit on the 22nd, so they have known of my decision.

"The biggest reason I chose Minnesota is because they never gave up on me and the way the show love. Also the way they stayed with me every step of my injury meant a lot to me.

"Minnesota wants me on both sides of the ball. Coach Fleck wants me to play receiver and coach Chance wants me to play defensive back. I see myself excelling at any position they put me at."

https://sports.yahoo.com/georgia-ath-dakota-thomas-commits-114848329.html

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Grandpa kind of looks like Dave Winfield. Welcome Dakota! Hope you have as much success!

Georgia has been a great pipeline for the U and has only seemed to get stronger under this current staff. If you look up and down our roster we are getting a lot of key players from GA.

I think we recruit too many WR's as well, especially for a team that wants a 60/40 run : pass ratio. But I think they'd take Lockett. Sounds like Thomas has position flexibility

Yeah I don't think it's a certainty that he'll play WR. Could be a DB.

It helps to have fellow Georgians, if not from the same town or HS mentor and show the newbies the rope.

247 Says that he had on offer from Penn State.

He looks like a pretty solid WR. Love the Georgia pipeline.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/7603501/5d9d3ab54deb3c0a307b62df' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Penn State and Louisville offers lend some credibility to this kid. Plus....I trust Fleck's judgement when it comes to receivers. Let's all keep in mind that CAB came over with Fleck from Western Michigan. That was his only scholarship offer. And he came from Kankakee, Illinois which is only about 60 miles from Chicago and 80 miles from Champaign.....so it's not as though Fleck had to go and find him in a cave. One and a half years into his Gophers career and CAB is already looking like he is going to be one of the best WRs in the conference.

So if Fleck wanted Thomas....then I'm thinking that this is a good pickup.

Top Bottom