Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Chrome Gold - Maroon - White

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other - Please Specify

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gold chrome helmet and anthracite uniforms for it being our "Halloween" game

How do they decide what combo to wear each week? Does the team vote? Is it strictly PJ's decision? Do the captains choose?

I feel like they are saving the gold helmets for Penn State game. I bet they pull out the white helmets for this game.

Gold, Maroon, Gold.

Option not listed, but my favorite home combo that doesn't include the chrome/gold helmets (which it sounds like they are saving for a rivalry game).

Full on gold! Let's see the banana.

Also both teams are going to be wearing helmet decals to promote mental health awareness.

As someone living with obsessive compulsive disorder, I very much appreciate the gesture.

How do they decide what combo to wear each week? Does the team vote? Is it strictly PJ's decision? Do the captains choose?

PJ was asked this and I find his answer on this harder to believe than most answers I hear from him.

His answer was essentially, the players decide, the player / leadership council decides with input from the coaches.

My guess is it is largely decided by PJ and the staff since we've seen Goldy helmet unveiling as a surprise to the team last year. If the players are involved, they would need to be deciding all of this prior to the season, or at best they might get an option of what week there wear each combination. Not as much as what the combination will be.
I have also read there is a Gopher Helmet that has been seen that we haven't yet seen that is not for traditionalists, but evidently really cool which we haven't seen. If there are any new helmet styles that are more complex than a decal change, that would need to be done prior to the season.

Last edited:

White, white, anthracite in honor of National Rhyming Day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

A few fans seem to think they spend the whole week debating, voting, and designing the uniforms.

we haven't repeated a uniform combo once this year, it will have to be something we have yet to wear.

I think we go Chrome and all the ugly grey stuff below that. Been awhile......

Heather: “A...N...T...H...R...A...C...I...T...E”
PJ: “That’s a color?”
Heather: “Yeah it’s like a like a dark grey. It’s not one of the team colors though.”
PJ. “Well the spirits have spoken. Got to be academically, athletically, socially and spiritually elite.”

someone on here a while back was saying the anthracite equipment has been retired. They seemed to think they had an inside source that was correct on the topic. We haven't seen the metallic gold helmets and perhaps most surprising we haven't seen the white helmets yet this season. I went full banana with my vote but I am more clueless this week as to what they will wear compared to previous weeks, and I have gotten several of these correct.

Maryland uses yellow as a color so from a contrast standpoint, it wouldn't be ideal.

If anthracite has been retired, I am disappointed, but I'll be okay.

It's MD and given some of their combinations I choose tie dye.

Maryland uses yellow as a color so from a contrast standpoint, it wouldn't be ideal.

If anthracite has been retired, I am disappointed, but I'll be okay.

What color doesn't Maryland use in their sponsored NASCAR uniforms?

Well, I have no idea what they will wear, but I checked "other" in the poll based on what they Should wear. I'd like throw back uniforms with real maroon jerseys, simple gold numbers, no names, and white helmets with the tri-stripes--maroon, gold in center, maroon, and plain white pants.

I said "real maroon" jerseys because they've taken to wearing more purplish "Chicago maroon" jerseys and pants which clearly aren't the same traditional brownish-red maroon as the markings on the field and end zone, or even the colored bars and backgrounds here in the Gopher Hole. They wore real maroon last time they played in the Rose bowl or won a national championship.

Last edited:

Well, I have no idea what they will wear, but I checked "other" in the poll based on what they Should wear. I'd like throw back uniforms with real maroon jerseys, simple gold numbers, no names, and white helmets with the tri-stripes--maroon, gold in center, maroon, and plain white pants.

I said "real maroon" jerseys because they've taken to wearing more purplish "Chicago maroon" jerseys and pants which clearly aren't the same brownish-red maroon as the markings on the field and end zone, or even the colored bars and backgrounds here in the Gopher Hole.

Has anyone heard anything from a reliable source about the metallic gold helmets? I'm hoping they haven't done away with them.

Has anyone heard anything from a reliable source about the metallic gold helmets? I'm hoping they haven't done away with them.

Thinking they are waiting like last year to wear in a high profile game...maybe PSU. I'm thinking that game will actually be full banana, which would look best with the other gold helmets, not the chrome ones.

The gold chrome helmet is one of the best looks in Gopher history. It would be very sad to see it go.

I hope the gray jerseys are dead and marked for an equipment auction in the spring.

Top Bottom