• Chrome Gold - Maroon - Gold

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Chrome Gold - Maroon - White

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other - Please Specify

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
someone on here a while back was saying the anthracite equipment has been retired. They seemed to think they had an inside source that was correct on the topic. We haven't seen the metallic gold helmets and perhaps most surprising we haven't seen the white helmets yet this season. I went full banana with my vote but I am more clueless this week as to what they will wear compared to previous weeks, and I have gotten several of these correct.

I was told at one point that the jerseys were retired. I have punished my source with a 6 pack of buckhorn light beer and took their Toppling Goliath Supa' Sumo.

The chrome gold are for key games.

I'm wondering; since they seem to like a new/not seen before (this season) combination each game, and since we're almost certain to see maroon jerseys for a home game...

...might we not see white helmets (first time this season), maroon jerseys, gold pants?

The old-school, last national championship look? Is that a possibility?

Or... yellow/gold helmets, gold jerseys, white pants.

I bet they go black and gold, or black and maroon. Halloween uni’s. Have we ever had black?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s BFBS?

Black for black sake. It’s when you wear black even though it’s nt one of your colors because everyone else is doing it.

Glad to hear it — I love the chrome lids. Where did you hear/read this?

I think it's just a trend.
Used for WI, IA, and Bowl game last year.
Also used with Anthracite for Indiana night game and questionably last year with Illinois.

Here is the combinations since Fleck has arrived.

Buffalo M-M-M
Oregon State W-W-W
Middle Tennessee G-G-G
Maryland W-M-W
Purdue M-W-M
Michigan State G-A-A
Illinois M-M-G
Iowa M-W-M
Michigan M-W-W
Nebraska M-G-M
Northwestern W-W-A
Wisconsin M-M-M

New Mexico State W-W-W
Fresno State M-M-M
Miami Ohio M-M-G
Maryland W-W-M
Iowa CG-M-M
Ohio State M-W-W
Nebraska W-W-W
Indiana CG-A-A
Illinois CG-W-M

Purdue M-M-G
Northwestern M-M-M
Wisconsin CG-W-M
Georgia Tech CG-W-M

South Dakota State M-G-M
Fresno State G-W-G
Georgia Southern M-M-G
Purdue M-W-G
Illinois G-M-G
Nebraska M-M-M
Rutgers G-W-M

Black for black sake. It’s when you wear black even though it’s nt one of your colors because everyone else is doing it.

Oh I see, and well I don’t think black is a cool trend. I’m not a huge fan of it. But part of me thinks if it’s for a Halloween themed game, it’d be kinda cool to see.

There is a flaw to this weekly poll. The way it is worded, some people vote on what they think the Gophers will wear, while other vote on what they want the Gophers to wear. There is clarification in the OP that it is intended to reflect what people think the Gophers will wear but it is clear through the comments each week that a portion of the voting is aimed at what people want to see, not what they think they will see.

There is a flaw to this weekly poll. The way it is worded, some people vote on what they think the Gophers will wear, while other vote on what they want the Gophers to wear. There is clarification in the OP that it is intended to reflect what people think the Gophers will wear but it is clear through the comments each week that a portion of the voting is aimed at what people want to see, not what they think they will see.

Dude...calm down. It really doesn't matter, it is just for fun. The poll shuts down every weekend anyways.
People can comment/vote for what they think or what they hope we wear.

I'm a minority of one that actually likes Maryland's helmets -- they kind of look like something an NHL goalie would wear.

White Storm trooper helmet white pants maroon jersey.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Great example: Stanford. Looks horrible.

Based on that twitter image it looked like all dark colors. Maybe M - M - M again, with a new variation on the helmet.

Based on that twitter image it looked like all dark colors. Maybe M - M - M again, with a new variation on the helmet.

Which Twitter image? I don't see anything on the Gopher Football Twitter

I've examined the photo closely and the helmet has a block M on the left side.
Yellow numbers it appears on the tops.

It can only mean one thing!

I think it's ANTHRACITE week!!!!!

I've examined the photo closely and the helmet has a block M on the left side.
Yellow numbers it appears on the tops.

It can only mean one thing!

I think it's ANTHRACITE week!!!!!

Bahahaha

giphy.gif

Looks like chrome gold lids and Anthracite Jerseys and Pants:

The players spent all week coming up with this?

Top Bottom