AP: Rebuilding Gophers to lean on transfers Carr, Willis

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the AP:

Seven of Minnesota's top 10 players from 2018-19 will be missing this season, leaving the Gophers with much to rebuild from the team that registered the program's first NCAA Tournament victory in six years with a decisive win over Louisville.

Jordan Murphy and Amir Coffey were in NBA training camps this month. Fellow starter Dupree McBrayer finished his eligibility, as did backups Matz Stockman and Brock Stull. Isaiah Washington transferred to Iona, closer to home. Eric Curry suffered another season-ending knee injury in a recent practice.

Naturally, almost all the prognostications have pegged the Gophers as a bottom-four team in the Big Ten. Their first answer, though, to the questions about how all that lost production will be filled already has been on their roster for a year.

After sitting out last season as transfers, 6-foot-2 point guard Marcus Carr (Pittsburgh) and 6-foot-4 wing man Peyton Willis (Vanderbilt) are more than eager to step into the starting lineup. They're coming with power-conference experience, too.

"I've always been a point guard, so the leadership thing has kind of always been something that I can look to," Carr said. "I've been preparing for it my whole life, so it's not really a burden or anything. I kind of looking forward to it. I like that challenge."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...rs-to-lean-on-transfers-carr-willis/40407051/

Go Gophers!!

Gonna have to take over Mr. Carr.

This team will be severely lacking scoring. Oturo and Kalsheur should provide help though.

Gonna have to take over Mr. Carr.

This team will be severely lacking scoring. Oturo and Kalsheur should provide help though.
I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that this team is severely lacking scoring.

Top Bottom