Isaiah Washington gets NCAA clearance, immediately eligible

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Would love to know why Isaiah was able to be eligible and Marcus was not.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Washington got lucky on the NCAA Wheel of Decision Making spin?

Obviously a hardship case, the Jelly brand was suffering under Pitino.

Go Gophers!!
Because unlike Capel, Pitino is not a ******.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm as critical of the whimsical NCAA decision making as anyone.

But Jelly transferred home, Marcus did not.

Happy for Jelly. Curious to see how it goes for him at Iona. Gaels are the runaway favorite to win the MAAC.

I think he could put up circus numbers in a league like that. Especially if he is given lots of reign.

I'm as critical of the whimsical NCAA decision making as anyone.

But Jelly transferred home, Marcus did not.

Nonetheless, I don't think it's any stretch of the imagination to guess that Pitt worked to get it fouled up.

I hope he is awesome there, enjoys his time and gets a degree. He seems like a good kid. Disappointing it didn't work out for him here but I've moved on from that.

Go Gaels.

I hope he is awesome there, enjoys his time and gets a degree. He seems like a good kid. Disappointing it didn't work out for him here but I've moved on from that.

Go Gaels.

Agree. Bummed that he didn't meet my expectations but wish him the best.

Interesting matchup on 12/29 - Iona at Colorado. McKinley vs. Jelly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Interesting matchup on 12/29 - Iona at Colorado. McKinley vs. Jelly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Good catch! We used to have that comparative debate during Washington's freshman year. Hope the game is televised.

I think he could put up circus numbers in a league like that. Especially if he is given lots of reign.

As much as I liked him and felt he was treated a bit unfairly here, I think some of the training here was valuable for him. He became a more controlled team first player during his time here and I hope to see him continue that development at Iona. Of course, he still needs to show that he can shoot the ball.

As much as I liked him and felt he was treated a bit unfairly here, I think some of the training here was valuable for him. He became a more controlled team first player during his time here and I hope to see him continue that development at Iona. Of course, he still needs to show that he can shoot the ball.

His shooting problems were puzzling to me as it seemed like he had nice form, and he certainly didn’t seem to lack confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom