Quentin Grimes receives waiver, eligible for Houston

gopherguy15

Reaction score
Some of you might be wondering why I posted this. Quentin Grimes was a freshman starter on Kansas last year. He put his name in the draft, but then pulled out and decided to transfer to Houston. Paperwork was submitted to the NCAA for immediately eligibility, with the reasoning being he wanted to move home (he's from Houston). I can't find anything about a sick family member, or any other reasoning at all. Just simply wanted to move home.

Marcus Carr wanted to leave Pittsburgh because the coach that recruited him was fired. His waiver was denied by the NCAA. How is wanting to move home a better excuse than leaving because your coach was fired? Maybe there's something I don't know about Grimes' situation, but I get more and more upset every day with the NCAA and it's random decisions on transfers. Now, I'm not mad at Grimes for this. Good for him for getting to play right away, but the NCAA clearly has zero structure/policy when it comes to immediate eligibility, and it can really affect teams that get the short end of the straw.

Rasir Bolton got immediate eligibility transferring from Penn State to Iowa State as well, and he’s from Virginia, so he’s probably actually farther from home now than at Penn State. Then obviously Justin Fields getting it because a big brand football program needed it and Fields just didn’t wanna be a backup QB. I know people were saying it was silly to ever expect Marcus Carr to get immediate eligibility, but there have been a number of transfers who get it for practically no reason at all.

Weber st. transfer from Pitts got immediate eligibility this season....

Kansas had filled Grimes’ scholarship when he declared for the draft so it wasn’t there for him when he decided to come back to college. So that’s why he got cleared.

Kansas had filled Grimes’ scholarship when he declared for the draft so it wasn’t there for him when he decided to come back to college. So that’s why he got cleared.

I heard that Grimes gave Kansas every indication that he was staying in the draft. He'd have a scholarship no matter what at Houston while sitting out.

There is this as well, he may have had a "legitimate" reason for hardship though

<twitter-widget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="1187025444576681984"></twitter-widget> <script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There is this as well, he may have had a "legitimate" reason for hardship though

This will allow McKinley Wright to go against Jelly this season:
[h=3]Iona vs Colorado[/h][FONT=&quot]Iona takes on Colorado in Men's Basketball. Tune in on Pac-12 Network and Pac-12 Mountain at 11:00am on December 29, 2019, or get tickets here. Live Stream on pac-12.com or the Pac-12 Now app.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CU Events Center
- Boulder, CO
[/FONT]

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.2d991e3dfc9abb2549972ce8b64c5d85.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.forums.gopherhole.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

NCAA rules are confusing. Randomly enforced. Some get to play immediately when transferring while others have to sit with similar circumstances. Some schools get buried for violations while UNC can have fake classes for decades. It is disgusting. NCAA is a joke.

NCAA rules are confusing. Randomly enforced. Some get to play immediately when transferring while others have to sit with similar circumstances. Some schools get buried for violations while UNC can have fake classes for decades. It is disgusting. NCAA is a joke.

It's the NCAA Wheel of Random Decisions. There are no rules.

I hope someday we get over the fact that Marcus Carr didn't get to play.

Top Bottom