Not trying to troll, can someone provide a list of Fleck recruits that are performing

Count me as one of those people that must not realize how poor our recruiting was. Then again, I tend to look at results more than rankings. That’s probably the error in my ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I look at both and saw plenty of room for improvement.

Bateman is a freak- He's the best player we've seen on offense in ten years. (Yes, he is better than Johnson- Bateman way ahead of where Johnson was at same point in career)
After skimming 4 pages of this thread, how is this not brought up more often?

Indeed, so has Bateman passed Johnson on the top ten list of TD's, yardage, receptions?

Plenty of talent on lists above and Fleck must have done something similar at W. Michigan--basically recruiting 3 star prospects with high potential. Alabama, Clemson and a couple other schools get most all 5 star kids and it seems that's going to go on forever.

No school gets anywhere close to "most all 5 star kids."

The quality of our seniors is very good. They are playing great and some of them came from our highest ranked pre-Fleck class in a long time.
It would be great if we had 5-10 more of them though for additional depth and more starters.

But that's all we have.

Indeed, so has Bateman passed Johnson on the top ten list of TD's, yardage, receptions?

If you can't see how far Batemen is at this point in career compared to Johnson at same point, I can't help you.

Batemen has played 20 games, TJ 43. Batement's states range from 42% to 51% of Johnsons- but if you weigh it for freshman/sophomre years (measure as to first 20 games) it isn't even close

Through first 20 games- Bateman- 79 receptions for 1,306 yards and 11 TDs
Through first 20 games- Johnson- 41 receptions for 640 yards and 8 TDs.

I could find stats on drops, but I think we know who has more....

An no, just because I think Batemen is way better than Tyler doesn't mean I hate Tyler, love the guy- he's a gopher great- but Batemen is better, by a lot. And this thread was about Fleck recruits who have crushed- and it would appear people are under valuing how elite Batement truly is.

If you can't see how far Batemen is at this point in career compared to Johnson at same point, I can't help you.

Batemen has played 20 games, TJ 43. Batement's states range from 42% to 51% of Johnsons- but if you weigh it for freshman/sophomre years (measure as to first 20 games) it isn't even close

An no, just because I think Batemen is way better than Tyler doesn't mean I hate Tyler, love the guy- he's a gopher great- but Batemen is better, by a lot. And this thread was about Fleck recruits who have crushed- and it would appear people are under valuing how elite Batement truly is.

Amen.

I think that is the whole point of this thread. Bateman is a really good player. But, if the Gophers are really going to take the proverbial "next step" as a program, they need more Batemans. They need Bateman-level players in every class.

That is, if the goal is to be up there with the Ohio States of the world.

if the goal is to win 8 or 9 games every year and go to a decent bowl game, then go ahead and get a bunch of 3* players and "coach them up."

But if the goal is to win 10 games on a consistent basis, win Conference titles and be in the mix for the FBS playoffs, then you still have to jack up the talent level on this team another notch.

But if the goal is to win 10 games on a consistent basis, win Conference titles and be in the mix for the FBS playoffs, then you still have to jack up the talent level on this team another notch.

I think the 2021 class will be very telling--what can Fleck do with a recent string of victories and good news? I am expecting an historic class, especially with the Greeks already in the boat.

No school gets anywhere close to "most all 5 star kids."

To be fair, I believe he's saying the helmet schools sign most of the 5 star kids, not that most of their class is 5 star kids. I don't believe he's wrong...

As far as the rest of the thread, when the seniors graduate we will see who steps up. Just because there are some amazing seniors playing doesn't mean there aren't other players that will step into their shoes next year. I feel like Fleck has done a good job finding young talent, improving existing talent, and finding ways to best utilize the talent that's here. If that continues the team will be fine.

An no, just because I think Batemen is way better than Tyler doesn't mean I hate Tyler, love the guy- he's a gopher great- but Batemen is better, by a lot. And this thread was about Fleck recruits who have crushed- <b>and it would appear people are under valuing how elite Batement truly is.</b>

I was step in step with you until the bolded. Who is under valuing Bateman? Pretty sure you aren’t the only person who thinks he is a star.

Johnson had to play on a team where Croft and Rhoda were the best options at QB. I think Bateman is a stud and better than TJ but you can't use stats that aren't even fair. Bateman has also had Johnson to draw the focus of the D.

Are you just a dope, or a complete moron? Bateman is the best receiver in the history of the program. His ability and numbers continue to prove it. Every week.

Are you just a dope, or a complete moron? Bateman is the best receiver in the history of the program. His ability and numbers continue to prove it. Every week.

Wow. Best in history? Already? R. Johnson, Decker, T. Johnson —- all in the rear view mirror. Already.

Johnson had to play on a team where Croft and Rhoda were the best options at QB. I think Bateman is a stud and better than TJ but you can't use stats that aren't even fair. Bateman has also had Johnson to draw the focus of the D.

In his first few years, TJ6 didn't have to share the field with very many talented receivers for the Gophers either. I would guess he got a lot more targets than he probably has this year and even last year

In his first few years, TJ6 didn't have to share the field with very many talented receivers for the Gophers either. I would guess he got a lot more targets than he probably has this year and even last year

Good point.

TJ was often along the sideline a great deal too, now with all these crossing patterns and alternatives he finds a lot more space.

Top Bottom