MSU's Langford foot problems continue, out through at least January

Through January or until January? It says through but I wonder. We play MSU twice in January...

Through January or until January? It says through but I wonder. We play MSU twice in January...

Have seen it reported both ways. My guess is this is like Curry, we're not seeing Langford this season.

This is a big blow. With a healthy Langford, MSU was a step above the rest of the top 5 (Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, Louisville) in my opinion. Without him, they move down to the same level.

Not sure of the nature of the injury, but has all the appearances of a nasty overuse problem built up over time. More possible data on the value of rest and being involved in multiple sports that use different movements and muscles. Seems like we are "made" to play different sports in different seasons, especially in youth. Too much pounding and too much basketball too soon can't be good for the body, especially feet. I feel bad for the guy. Seems like a great young man enduring an awful injury.

Unlike other B1G teams the Izzo's have a back-up in Joey Hauser. His appeal to play immediately was denied however never underestimate the power of Izzo crying to the NCAA along with Hauser's Mom on their new appeal.

Unlike other B1G teams the Izzo's have a back-up in Joey Hauser. His appeal to play immediately was denied however never underestimate the power of Izzo crying to the NCAA along with Hauser's Mom on their new appeal.

Still bitter about the Hauser brothers going to Marquette instead of Wisconsin?

Come on NCAA this is unfair if we have to play without one of our starters. We need Hauser to become eligible immediately! I understand that other teams are looking for eligibility with their guys but we REALLY need Hauser to have a chance to win national championship. Please reconsider and make him eligible this week! Ok no problem, your Michigan State so we will make him eligible sometime this week. It might not be until friday because we have to suspend bill self for a half in their exhibition game on thursday.

Still bitter about the Hauser brothers going to Marquette instead of Wisconsin?

Does it show? lol As it turned out. I think it will be OK despite early reports of it as a done deal to Wis. It was even more miserable for Marquette. They had visions of final fours in front of them.

Does it show? lol As it turned out. I think it will be OK despite early reports of it as a done deal to Wis. It was even more miserable for Marquette. They had visions of final fours in front of them.

Are the Hauser parents like Henry & Wally Ellenson's parents? Sounds like they were headaches wherever their kids went.

Very slow time of year when a thread is started about an injury to a Michigan State player...

Are the Hauser parents like Henry & Wally Ellenson's parents? Sounds like they were headaches wherever their kids went.

I don't know about their dad but it appears that mom can be a handful. Not unlike the Ellensons. The Hausers played at Stevens Point HS in Central Wis. Their coach was the father of Trevor Anderson that is on Wisconsins roster. Bo did not recruit Hauser the elder so it appears that someone was butt hurt about that. Gard recruited Joey hard.. He was convinced to go to MU to join his brother. The word is he wanted to go to WI. Crap happens.

Affects college basketball, the Big Ten, and the Gophers (who play MSU twice in January). Absolutely relevant.

I agree if the Gophers are in the same position as Maryland since it increases their chance of winning the conference, marginally at best affects the Gophers. Not saying not allowed or shouldn't post, only commenting how slow it must be on Gopher front to have the most engaged thread recently be about an injury from a different team, even if they are in the B1G.

BB, it's important to remember that stalking not only is unhealthy for the stalkee, it's also unhealthy for the stalker. Please, get some help.

Go Sparty needs to remember this is a Minnesota Gopher Board. Many a poster has been admonished for such deeds. Not Go Sparty.

#levelplayingfield

#excusesareforlosers

GO Tar Heels!

Last edited:

Top Bottom