Mike Hebert, R.I.P.

nooram

Leave my member out of it!
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Former Gopher VB coach

Last edited:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yes, sad news for Gopher Volleyball.

https://gophersports.com/news/2019/10/22/volleyball-legendary-coach-mike-hebert-passes-away.aspx

University of Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletics is saddened to learn of the passing of legendary Hall of Fame volleyball coach, Mike Hebert. Surrounded by his family, Hebert passed away on Oct. 21, 2019, in San Diego, Calif., at the age of 75.

Hebert was a volleyball head coach for 35 years and led the Gophers for 15. During his Minnesota career from 1996-2010, he brought the Golden Gophers onto the national stage and collegiate volleyball prominence. Hebert retired from coaching in 2010 with a 381-137 record at Minnesota. While at the helm of the Gophers, he won more than 75 percent of his games and led Minnesota to 14 NCAA tournament appearances, eight NCAA Regional trips, three Final Fours and a Big Ten championship in 2002. Minnesota also reached the NCAA championship game in 2004. It was Minnesota's first Final Four appearance, Big Ten Championship and NCAA runner-up finish in school history.

"We are all deeply saddened by Mike's passing," Minnesota head coach Hugh McCutcheon said. "He had a profound impact on volleyball here at the University of Minnesota, but his sphere of influence in our sport was far greater than that. He was extremely successful at the University of Illinois and he led a number of very successful international campaigns with USA volleyball. He was a great man, a great coach and he will be missed by the entire volleyball community."

He was a great coach and well liked by his players and coaches at all levels. Enjoy the heavens!

Class act who had a big impact @ all levels of competition. RIP.

[emoji992] for the memory of Mike Hebert.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom