REDSHIRT DL Arrested Saturday Night

Failure is not growth in this case if he is kicked off the team.
He is going to grow on a different team.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

After work one time, I had two pints of craft beer at a time before they listed the alcohol percent on the chalk boards. Two pints over about a hour and fifteen minutes. As I am walking out of the bar, someone bumps into me and spills part of their beer on my sleeve.

I drive home and pull a mid-block u-turn so I can parallel park in front of my house. Cops lights come on. He walks up and smells the beer that was spilled on me. Asks me where I am coming from and I give him the name of the bar I just left. We’re you drinking? I tell him I had two beers. He says, get out of the car and makes me blow into machine. This is right in front of my house, and back then when IPAs where just coming into the scene I was panicked as I had no idea how strong the two pints I had were or what this machine was going to say.

Anyway, I blow into the machine and wait for the results. He looks at the results and says you are free to go. I tell the guy I need to give him a hug as I just saw my life pass before my eyes. I put out my arms and I say, bring it in, bring it in man. He goes, did you have more than two beers, no I just have no idea what your little machine was going to say and now I can barely freaking stand.

I never found out what I blew.

Is this the cop that tried to arrest you? No wonder why you didn't get a DUI.

I feel bad for the kid.

I hope Fleck opens the door for him to return to the team (if he wants), this is a bad decision but one that almost everyone has made.

All kidding aside, I hope there is a chance for redemption for this kid to get back on the team. The obviously kid made a mistake. But, IMHO is too harsh a penalty.

All kidding aside, I hope there is a chance for redemption for this kid to get back on the team. The obviously kid made a mistake. But, IMHO is too harsh a penalty.

My brother in law did not qualify to fly jets in the service due to a DUI in college.

Most of not all of Europe has a zero tolerance. One DUI and you lose your license for life.

We are a bit cavalier here.

My brother in law did not qualify to fly jets in the service due to a DUI in college.

Most of not all of Europe has a zero tolerance. One DUI and you lose your license for life.

We are a bit cavalier here.

I don't think when your brother in law was in college they counted mopeds, that is a relatively new. When I was in college, tons of people drove their mopeds/scooters home from parties and bars. It's dumb, but it's not the same as driving a car.

We have no idea if this was the kids only transgression.

I feel bad for the kid.

I hope Fleck opens the door for him to return to the team (if he wants), this is a bad decision but one that almost everyone has made.

Fun fact - 17% of the US population has a DWI conviction. Wonder how many others haven't been caught.

Of course when a lot of us were in our 20's the legal limit was 0.10 and I'm sure a lot of people were driving in the 0.08 range quite often.

Is this the cop that tried to arrest you? No wonder why you didn't get a DUI.

Or because I only had two beers and was below the legal limit.
But scary because who knows how the machines work and how strong the beer is etc.

Anyway, I feel like it was a moped so....

Last edited:

You wonder what would happen if it was a star player? Kamal Martin was suspended for the bowl game last year and the first game this year for violating a team rule. When there's an arrest, whatever it's for, things escalate. PJ is a strict coach, doesn't tolerate much and most players know that.

Along with how the team is doing with their grades/schoolwork, this is yet another reason PJ deserves a raise. His culture is a winner.

Honestly, I felt bad for posting that, but I guess I wasn’t wrong. PJ doesn’t mess around. I do wonder what would happen if it was a star player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They would leave early for the draft.

Honestly, I felt bad for posting that, but I guess I wasn’t wrong. PJ doesn’t mess around. I do wonder what would happen if it was a star player.

Sit him through a game we assume we can win without him, determine his punishment was adequate as soon as it looks like his replacement's struggles might cost us a game, play him the rest of the season, then not let him attend the end of season banquet.

They would leave early for the draft.

Sit him through a game we assume we can win without him, determine his punishment was adequate as soon as it looks like his replacement's struggles might cost us a game, play him the rest of the season, then not let him attend the end of season banquet.

Brilliant!

One DWI is not the end of the world. If he gets a decent lawyer, should avoid jail--especially since he was riding a moped at the time. Its hard to endanger anyone on a moped.

People have been charged with DWIs while operating a riding lawn mower.... where the cops were zealous enough.

It is too bad. One mistake with long lasting consequences. PJ Fleck upholds very high standards for the privilege to put on a Gopher uniform as a walk on. Max Jane last season and now Micah Roane. We will never know their potential as a Gopher football player.

Top Bottom