REDSHIRT DL Arrested Saturday Night

No longer on the roster.

Honestly, I felt bad for posting that, but I guess I wasn’t wrong. PJ doesn’t mess around. I do wonder what would happen if it was a star player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I felt bad for posting that, but I guess I wasn’t wrong. PJ doesn’t mess around. I do wonder what would happen if it was a star player.

You wonder what would happen if it was a star player? Kamal Martin was suspended for the bowl game last year and the first game this year for violating a team rule. When there's an arrest, whatever it's for, things escalate. PJ is a strict coach, doesn't tolerate much and most players know that.

You wonder what would happen if it was a star player? Kamal Martin was suspended for the bowl game last year and the first game this year for violating a team rule. When there's an arrest, whatever it's for, things escalate. PJ is a strict coach, doesn't tolerate much and most players know that.

True, but we don’t know what Kamal did, and he’s still on the team.

Let’s hope we never have to find out what would happen if a star player got a DWI.

.08 BAC. Honestly that’s a tough break considering he was on a moped, but you have to be smarter than that.

As I get older, I have more tolerance. He made a bad choice and should be punished but getting kicked off the team could be a bit strong. Send a message that he can answer and maybe end up learning and contributing to the prevention of more bad decisions.

.08 BAC. Honestly that’s a tough break considering he was on a moped, but you have to be smarter than that.

Not bad in itself, but he wasn't just randomly stopped because they felt like pulling over a big dude on a moped. My guess is that's the charge that stuck, but there was likely an accident, report of a big dude on a moped driving dangerously, or he was caught in a traffic violation. Sucks... yes. But I would bet good money that there's more to this than a minor having too many beers.

Not bad in itself, but he wasn't just randomly stopped because they felt like pulling over a big dude on a moped. My guess is that's the charge that stuck, but there was likely an accident, report of a big dude on a moped driving dangerously, or he was caught in a traffic violation. Sucks... yes. But I would bet good money that there's more to this than a minor having too many beers.

I bet there's probably not. Campus police see a young person driving a motor vehicle at 3:00 AM on a Saturday night? At least even odds there's a DUI there. They will find PC for a stop even if they have to create it (which is not always the worst thing). When I was in undergrad, I was DDing friends home from a bar, got pulled over a block from the parking lot for "rolling a stop sign." Narrator Voice: There was no stop sign. Officer was not happy when the breathalyzer showed zeros across the board.

Was hoping that we would get through the year without anything happening. However when it did, Fleck sent a message immediately to remind everyone including the players, recruits, the recruit's parents that he won't tolerate violations.

As a walk-on, that's a good way to avoid any full-ride scholarship surprises.

Hope he learns from this and moves on to better things.

After work one time, I had two pints of craft beer at a time before they listed the alcohol percent on the chalk boards. Two pints over about a hour and fifteen minutes. As I am walking out of the bar, someone bumps into me and spills part of their beer on my sleeve.

I drive home and pull a mid-block u-turn so I can parallel park in front of my house. Cops lights come on. He walks up and smells the beer that was spilled on me. Asks me where I am coming from and I give him the name of the bar I just left. We’re you drinking? I tell him I had two beers. He says, get out of the car and makes me blow into machine. This is right in front of my house, and back then when IPAs where just coming into the scene I was panicked as I had no idea how strong the two pints I had were or what this machine was going to say.

Anyway, I blow into the machine and wait for the results. He looks at the results and says you are free to go. I tell the guy I need to give him a hug as I just saw my life pass before my eyes. I put out my arms and I say, bring it in, bring it in man. He goes, did you have more than two beers, no I just have no idea what your little machine was going to say and now I can barely freaking stand.

I never found out what I blew.

After work one time, I had two pints of craft beer at a time before they listed the alcohol percent on the chalk boards. Two pints over about a hour and fifteen minutes. As I am walking out of the bar, someone bumps into me and spills part of their beer on my sleeve.

I drive home and pull a mid-block u-turn so I can parallel park in front of my house. Cops lights come on. He walks up and smells the beer that was spilled on me. Asks me where I am coming from and I give him the name of the bar I just left. We’re you drinking? I tell him I had two beers. He says, get out of the car and makes me blow into machine. This is right in front of my house, and back then when IPAs where just coming into the scene I was panicked as I had no idea how strong the two pints I had were or what this machine was going to say.

Anyway, I blow into the machine and wait for the results. He looks at the results and says you are free to go. I tell the guy I need to give him a hug as I just saw my life pass before my eyes. I put out my arms and I say, bring it in, bring it in man. He goes, did you have more than two beers, no I just have no idea what your little machine was going to say and now I can barely freaking stand.

Hey Replacement, you had much better luck in the above scenario than the Friday (2003?) night when the Gophers blew that huge lead against Michigan. Maybe its like officiating where things are supposed to even out over time.

it's cuz everyone always says two beers. did he let you hug him?

it's cuz everyone always says two beers. did he let you hug him?

Yes he did. He didn’t really have a choice.
We hugged. He got into his car and drove away while I walked into my home to meet my wife and two year-old.

I’ll tell ya what though. I barely blew into that thing. I don’t think I could have blown out a birthday candle. The machine still registered.

I am very happy they now put the alcohol content on beer menus. I’m always the guy who will order the Kolsch that is 4.5%.

crime of the century

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just to clarify, I believe that what this means is that his BAC was .08 (the legal limit) or higher within two hours of the arrest. It may have been higher than .08 when tested and probably was higher when arrested.

If you are drinking an IPA, ABV level estimate of 7.5%

Drink a 22 oz and a 16 oz quickly, you'll be over 0.08.
Drink two 22 oz, in one hour you'll be over. Over 2 hours you probably drop.

(200 lb person)

https://www.craftbeer.com/blood-alcohol-content-calculator

Most beers are 16 oz pints.
Drinking two should be fine as long as you aren't pounding them down quickly (and your aren't a petite person).

Drink two 22 oz, in one hour you'll be over. Over 2 hours you probably drop.

This isn't correct. If I drink 44oz of beer (or any liquid) in an hour, most of that liquid content will still be in my stomach at the one hour mark. My actual BAC will increase over the next couple of hours as my system processes the beer and the alcohol enters my bloodstream.

Top Bottom