$7 student tickets for Maryland

die hard gopher

Reaction score
Good news. Hopefully this gets more butts in seats after the empty upper deck in the Nebraska game. What they they normally?

I wish they would take the upper deck away from the students. I would gladly trade my tickets in 115 for right behind the goal post in the first 5 rows of the upper deck.

Believe that's half price of the per game season ticket average. Maybe they could throw in that Fleck will hand deliver to one of their classes...:clap:

I could be completely making this up. I thought there was something in the original funding bill that required something like 20% of the seats dedicated to students.

Again, could be talking out of my a$$

I wish they would take the upper deck away from the students. I would gladly trade my tickets in 115 for right behind the goal post in the first 5 rows of the upper deck.

I think the legislature mandated that we had to have a certain number of seats reserved for students when we received state funding for the stadium. 10,000 I think.

Maybe add the couple sections on either side of them on the lower deck as student seats and open up the upper deck...

Great news. Hopefully it fills. Temps in the mid 60's, sunshine, 2:30 kickoff, and an undefeated Gopher team in action against a B1G foe. Hopefully something happens among the students to make Gopher football feel "cool" again.

Last edited:

I could be completely making this up. I thought there was something in the original funding bill that required something like 20% of the seats dedicated to students.

Again, could be talking out of my a$$

Correct, that was a thing.

Having said that I belive the U can also sell unused student seats / tickets they day of... maybe the day before.

Great news. Hopefully it fills. Temps in the mid 50's, sunshine, 2:30 kickoff, and an undefeated Gopher team in action against a B1G foe. Hopefully something happens among the students to make Gopher football feel "cool" again.

63 and sun potentially in the forecast.

$7 for a chance to win $1,000. Oh, and you get to watch a undefeated Gopher team. Come on kids, fill er up.

THANK YOU! Single game tickets are usually $20, so this will be huge in getting students there. I have student season tickets so it doesn't affect me, but I love the decision.

Maybe add the couple sections on either side of them on the lower deck as student seats and open up the upper deck...

I'd be all for that. Would look more like what the Barn has.

No excuses for the students. Weather forecast of upper 50's and sunny with a 2:30pm kick off. Not to mention, your team is undefeated and ranked #17 in the country. Hopefully this will be just the beginning with even better crowds for Penn State and Wisconsin.

I will be there in section 217 supporting the program.

I think the legislature mandated that we had to have a certain number of seats reserved for students when we received state funding for the stadium. 10,000 I think.

They should work to get all 10K on the lower level then. Or ask for an amendment to the bill. It's a waste leaving it as is.

Now, if only discounted beer coupons were being offered somewhere, it could get pretty raucous in that eastern endzone...

Top Bottom