Gophers' "Road to 19 Wins"

I don’t understand why the list was removed. it’s a fun thread, two big wins in a row.

if this team continues to find its mojo, this could be a fun season. Clearly we can beat anyone (OSU just beat Kentucky). Just gotta act and play like it. Again the joy of living and dying with outside shooting. Can be in any game on any given night

One of the reasons we are now hitting shots at such a high rate is that they have been doing a better job of running the offense and getting easier shots. This is the best offensive movement we have seen from a Pitino team since late in his first year. I think it has a lot to do with the players he has now, who are more geared to fitting in an offense rather than one on one.

It appears SS has taken his ball and gone home. I hate to call out a good poster but this is childish. That post was looked at for a lot more than simply whether they would make the NCAA tourney or not.

Love this post and looked at it often throughout the years. Understand where you were mentally when you took it off. A lot of us fans where right there with you. I also understand not bringing it back. When you go 2-0 against good competition and get a net rating of 48 to start the NET rankings it makes you start to think. My guess if "Selection" does come back he will have to adjust his 19 wins to the tourney. This is one of those years where the right wins and the right time could put us into the tourney with only 17 or 18 wins. Either way look forward to more analysis when time and energy give you time.

It appears SS has taken his ball and gone home. I hate to call out a good poster but this is childish.

Why? Because he hasn't caved to the demands of some posters within a couple days? For all you know, he is busy with travel, hosting family, etc. Maybe give him some time to actually take a look at Gopherhole and comprehend people's reactions before calling him childish. For all you know he could be planning to re-work the Road to Selection Sunday with our more updated understanding of where teams lie.

Finish non-con at 7-5, then does a 10-8 record and 17 wins get them in the tournament?

It will if they add a couple more ranked wins. If they win 11 conference games then the good wins will pretty much be there by default.

Finish non-con at 7-5, then does a 10-8 record and 17 wins get them in the tournament?

It will if they add a couple more ranked wins. If they win 11 conference games then the good wins will pretty much be there by default.

I would think an 11-9 conference record and a win or two in the tournament would do it.

It appears SS has taken his ball and gone home. I hate to call out a good poster but this is childish. That post was looked at for a lot more than simply whether they would make the NCAA tourney or not.

I didn't think you could edit a post after a given time has passed, not sure he could delete it without admin support.

If the point is to discuss realistic pathways to selection it seems to defeat the purpose behind the poster's post, to not provide it again as a tool, now that the discussion is worth having. There are reasonable questions raised based off of the past two games suggesting that the first assessment many fans, myself included had of the gophers may not be an accurate reflection of the team's potential going forward—so its worth discussing again I agree with @upnorthkid its clear at this point in time we have the talent to beat any team in the country on a good day making the team's ceiling for win total plausibly much higher

Minnesota could be a really interesting case study if they get where some posters are mentioning right now (17 wins). Strong OOC schedule will lead to a solid NET ranking. They'll have some marquee wins (would need to in order to get all the way to 17). The record won't look great, but there will be top flight wins and a strong NET. Will that win out? I'd bet yes as they're really pushing for teams to make better schedules all the time now

In case SS is letting the opinions of other posters impact whether or not to re-post the list, I say keep it down (for now). Trying to predict such a moving target at the beginning of the year is a fool's errand.

Teams that figured to be top notch may turn out to be pedestrian. Others that may have figured to be also-rans or pure dregs, may actually be quite solid.

Maybe around mid-January it would be worth revisiting.

Well wherever Selection Sunday is, I hope he is having a great holiday and I hope he posts his list again as it is also one of my favorite things on GopherHole. A belated thank you to SS for all your past posts!

Well wherever Selection Sunday is, I hope he is having a great holiday and I hope he posts his list again as it is also one of my favorite things on GopherHole. A belated thank you to SS for all your past posts!
Come on back SS.

I haven't been in here. Mainly been in the football forum, but was surprised to see this list not posted.

Sounds like an odd year with a lot of other bad teams and the Big Ten is messed up right now.
Could be a a 17-13 gets you in year, depending on a couple Q1 wins. Could use a couple more.

Win 7 of the last 13.

@NW
Nebraska at home

Find 5 more.

I haven't been in here. Mainly been in the football forum, but was surprised to see this list not posted.

Sounds like an odd year with a lot of other bad teams and the Big Ten is messed up right now.
Could be a a 17-13 gets you in year, depending on a couple Q1 wins. Could use a couple more.

Win 7 of the last 13.

@NW
Nebraska at home

Find 5 more.

SS started a couple other threads this past week laying out what he thinks we need

Top Bottom