If/when ESPN's College GameDay comes to Minnesota, will you attend the taping/events?

If/when College GameDay comes to Dinkytown, will you attend?

• YES! I can't wait to see Corso put on Goldy's head

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • Yeah, but only because its something to do. SKi-U-Mah though.

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • If my (wife, kids, friends, etc) want to go, I'll go

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Not for me. I have my pre-game rituals and this ain't it

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Absolutely not. Still can't believe Sam Ponder left the show!

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I'd rather lose to wisconsin than attend. This is for losers who need validation.

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Lots of talk about when they are coming. Personally, I don't care if they ever come. Only reason I would care is because it means we are playing a very meaningful game.

If we have the late afternoon game, there is still 3.5 hours to tailgate.

Fortunately, I'm not the set-up guy, and 3.5 hours is plenty of time.

Last edited:

I don't really have a pregame ritual, but it's unlikely I take time off to go stand in the crowd. Unless I come up with a really good sign.

But by my level of posts on here, I'm pretty confident I'm not going to come up with something clever enough to be on TV.

I don't really have a pregame ritual, but it's unlikely I take time off to go stand in the crowd. Unless I come up with a really good sign.

But by my level of posts on here, I'm pretty confident I'm not going to come up with something clever enough to be on TV.

This made me laugh, FWIW

In 2004 I was in LA for the ND-USC after Thanksgiving. Gameday was there. Meh. After about 15 minutes, decided to check out a bar instead.

This middle-aged man is not the demographic they are looking for - but I do hope our students make it worth their while. We complain a lot about the lack of respect from the national sports folks, but I can still get decent tickets to the MD game on Saturday for our 7-0 team with expected great weather. Meaning, if Gameday comes, prove 'em wrong about us!

I'll go if it's an 11 AM game. If it's a 2:30 game then I would try to catch the last 30 minutes or so.

I'll go if it's an 11 AM game. If it's a 2:30 game then I would try to catch the last 30 minutes or so.

I'm the opposite. If it's an 11 AM start and I have to choose between tailgating or attending Game Day, I'm tailgating. If it's a 2:30 or night game, I think I could do both.

I would have no desire to attend the filming of a TV show. I would view it as exciting as sitting in the stands at the state fair to watch the news being filmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone told me if you want to be on TV or be behind the cast, you need to be there hours before the production. Otherwise your watch from a distance. Not a big deal for me.

Look, this is an event for the students and a younger generation than myself. However, this is the greatest Saturday morning college football show on tv and being a part of it means you are relevant and you have a big game that day.

Would be great for the University to host Herbie and the boys, sure hope it happens. I would watch on tv from Houston with a great amount of pride for my university.

I personally don’t watch the show. I know a ton of people watch it and love it though. I just don’t.

I probably would watch if it was in our city though. I’m out of town and would not make a trip back just to be there in person.

I see no value in standing around to be in the background of a show I don't watch or care about.

For those who want to do that, good for them and I hope they have a great time.

It's awesome. done it 2 times at NDSU.

I voted Sam Ponder. because the best gameday sign ever was at NDSU. "Crap on me Sam Ponder" and she say it and laughed her ass off.

I would try to go, just to "do my part" to make sure there are people there. The worst would be to have as much complaining as we've had and then not represent. Granted, I'm only one man, but I'm fairly large so maybe it would look like more...

That said, my ideal scenario would be to show up 5 minutes before broadcast, have the location be so full they aren't letting anyone in, then go to a bar or tailgate instead.

However, I can see the U totally screwing this up for non-students. Like saying "per policy, lots will only open 6 hours before game time which is after the start of Gameday, so you'll have to use public transportation". That would be a game changer for me. I'm assuming this would be a 2:30 or prime time game as otherwise you'd have thousands of people making the trek right at 11:00 to get to the stadium.

Based on the recent voluntary GH census, many GHers don't get the appeal. Older GHers are those who watch Gameday, younger GHers are those who attend Gameday. Regardless of your preference, Gameday is a powerful show/brand for CFB, and great exposure for the school and program.

I have no doubt that there will be a raucous and large crowd on hand to welcome Gameday when it does come to the U.

I was living in Fargo when Gameday was there twice. Never went. I did watch it on tv both times. Never been a NDSU fan but I definitely am a college football fan. When gameday comes here I imagine that Ill just watch it on tv unless its a 11:00 or 2:30 start. Then I might consider being there for part of it.

Btw no way Corso picks us. He hardly ever picks us now.

It's awesome. done it 2 times at NDSU.

I voted Sam Ponder. because the best gameday sign ever was at NDSU. "Crap on me Sam Ponder" and she say it and laughed her ass off.

I know some of the rejected NDSU signs that were not allowed to be brought in. One Sam Ponder one was filthy but really funny.

Top Bottom