Northwestern (0-4)
Iowa
at Indiana
Purdue
U Mass
Minnesota
at Illinois

NhJ1he2.gif

If Nebraska could beat Wisconsin, they could win the rest of those games. I don't think they will, but they could.

Its nice that Northwestern can get UMASS squeezed in there prior to their matchup with the Gophers. Hopefully their feelings of desperation for a victory will subside a bit after being able to beat up on them, and they will be in more of an agreeable mood to lose to MN.

Gophers (5-0)
Maryland
bye
Penn State
at Iowa
at Northwestern
Wisconsin

Wisconsin (3-2)
at Ohio State - L
bye
Iowa
at Nebraska
Purdue
at Minnesota - L

Nebraska (3-2)
Indiana
at Purdue
bye
Wisconsin
at Maryland
Iowa

Iowa (3-2)
at Northwestern
bye
at Wisconsin
Minnesota
Illinois
at Nebraska

Purdue (2-3)
Illinois
Nebraska
at Northwestern
bye
at Wisconsin
Indiana

Illinois (1-4)
at Purdue
Rutgers
at Michigan State
bye
at Iowa
Northwestern

Northwestern (1-4)
Iowa
at Indiana
Purdue
U Mass
Minnesota
at Illinois

Updated for after this weekend.

I would like to see NW beat Iowa. I'll be rooting for them this weekend.
Oh, and if Indiana can beat Nebraska, that would setup the Nebraska meltdown.

What is nice is that the two major contenders (Wisconsin and Iowa) each have 3 away games remaining. Gophers have 2.

Indiana isn't a bad team this year. I could easily see them beating Huskers this week. I think Vegas has it at a coin flip.

Gladiator-quotes-3.jpg

Indiana isn't a bad team this year. I could easily see them beating Huskers this week. I think Vegas has it at a coin flip.

Yeh, anything to get Nebraska fans to be more trigger-happy with Frost.

I'm starting to wonder if Frost isn't the genius many thought and that his brute-force, keep lifting weights, don't know much about technique, mentality will serve Nebraska well longterm. I'm still betting he's the right coach, but if the boosters and fans can get the AD to prematurely change coaches again, I'd be all for it.

What is nice is that the two major contenders (Wisconsin and Iowa) each have 3 away games remaining. Gophers have 2.

Did you know....

The Gophers are currently riding a 3 game BIG TEN road winning streak?
They are 4-0 in their last four games away from TCF bank stadium against Power 5 teams.

If Nebraska could beat Wisconsin, they could win the rest of those games. I don't think they will, but they could.

As long as Nebraska loses one of the other ones it would be awesome to see them find a way to knock off Iowa and Wisconsin.

I don't know if Nebraska is better than Purdue.

Purdue might be favored in that one.

Edit:

Nebraska by ESPN FPI is not favored in any of their remaining games.
Not Indiana
Not Purdue
Not even at Maryland

Last edited:

Nebraska meltdown is approaching. The Nebraska fans are living in the past....let them. And Nebraska hiring Scotty Frost is proof that their Administration is living in the past. Their fans wear their 1995 Starter jackets on game days (hahahahahaha). And they sit in the stands and brag about how many fans from Husker nation are here. And then there is "Let's go Black shirts". Where are the black shirts...you are wearing white. Geez.

Indiana will beat Nebraska.

Nebraska meltdown is approaching. The Nebraska fans are living in the past....let them. And Nebraska hiring Scotty Frost is proof that their Administration is living in the past. Their fans wear their 1995 Starter jackets on game days (hahahahahaha). And they sit in the stands and brag about how many fans from Husker nation are here. And then there is "Let's go Black shirts". Where are the black shirts...you are wearing white. Geez.

I have to agree with you on the game day attire of the Huskers fans. Jeans and a Starter jacket was the uniform of choice at BWW. Seems to me that the fans only know how to dress one way, the same way, each game. A ton of them show up though but they all wear the same gear as they wear for home games; very unprepared, especially for a cold and wet MN night game. I usually meet fans from various states wearing Husker gear and they are always so proud of their team. Reminds me of Yankee fans, perhaps just waiting for things to get better.

Its nice that Northwestern can get UMASS squeezed in there prior to their matchup with the Gophers. Hopefully their feelings of desperation for a victory will subside a bit after being able to beat up on them, and they will be in more of an agreeable mood to lose to MN.

UMass lost to Rutgers by 24. How is that even possible?

Wisconsin will likely lose to Ohio State this weekend! Iowa could lose to NW and that would probably eliminate Iowa from the west championship. Huge Saturday coming up can’t wait

Wisconsin will likely lose to Ohio State this weekend! Iowa could lose to NW and that would probably eliminate Iowa from the west championship. Huge Saturday coming up can’t wait

I believe Iowa could lose to Northwestern, but if they beat both Minnesota and Wisconsin, and Wisconsin loses to Ohio State but beats Minnesota, and Minnesota loses to Penn State, that would leave Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa all tied at 6-3 in conference and Iowa might get the tiebreaker, but I’m not certain what the 3 way tiebreaker is.

I believe Iowa could lose to Northwestern, but if they beat both Minnesota and Wisconsin, and Wisconsin loses to Ohio State but beats Minnesota, and Minnesota loses to Penn State, that would leave Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa all tied at 6-3 in conference and Iowa might get the tiebreaker, but I’m not certain what the 3 way tiebreaker is.

If Iowa beats both MN and WI but ties us for overall record they will be West champs.

Gophers control their destiny and can win the west by beating Iowa, Wisconsin and one more (Maryland, Penn St. or Northwestern).

Going to add this here: I've built a site that simulates games using the average of four well-respected advanced models (such as Bill Connelly's SP+, currently being discussed in a separate thread). I've updated the power ratings and rerun the simulations, which include tie-breaking logic and it spit out the following as of today:

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 9.54.17 AM.jpg

Here is the site for reference -- hope people find it interesting!

https://www.simulations.run

Last edited:

Going to add this here: I've built a site that simulates games using the average of four well-respected advanced models (such as Bill Connelly's SP+, currently being discussed in a separate thread). I've updated the power ratings and rerun the simulations, which include tie-breaking logic and it spit out the following as of today:

View attachment 6392

Here is the site for reference -- hope people find it interesting!

https://simulations.run

You'll need to prefix your URL with "www."

2 game lead would be awfully nice to end the weekend. Puts tremendous pressure on Wisky and others.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2 game lead would be awfully nice to end the weekend. Puts tremendous pressure on Wisky and others.

We can control how we play against Maryland. That's all we can do at this moment.
On Saturday night we can look and see what the outcomes were.

Yep. We need to beat Maryland and have OSU knock off Wisconsin. Would give us a 2 game lead with 4 to go and essentially turn the Nov 9th Iowa/Wisconsin game into an elimination game with the loser all but eliminated from the division race.

Lots will happen between now and the end of the season but gotta love being in control of our own destiny no matter how it all plays out.

Agreed. MN win and WI loss will make it essentially a two horse race between MN and either WI or Iowa depending on who wins their H2H. Crazy. Hope the guys stay focused on getting to 8-0

Ohio State beats Wisconsin, Gophers beat Maryland and Northwestern, and it all comes down to the Wisconsin finale in Minneapolis. Iowa will have a third conference loss somewhere along the way, maybe even at Nebraska.

We could technically clinch the division before we play Wisconsin, but we'd have to win out to do that in the most likely scenario.

Another scenario is Wisconsin loses vs OSU and Iowa putting them at 3 losses. Then as long as we beat Iowa ( giving them their 3rd loss) then as long as we entered the Wisconsin game with only 1 loss we clinch the division.

Top Bottom