Maryland game....

Based on the last two years against Maryland, this game is concerning, however, the 2019 Gophers team is much different and playing with much more confidence. The Gophers can run the ball and they can beat you with the pass. Their defense is significantly improved from the last two years as well. If they can stop the run and tackle on defense, they will be ok. This will be Rossi's first game against Maryland so there is hope this time around.

a little bit of jitters is good.....means you're thinking about this game. The players mood often reflects that of the fan base, so if they're feeling
that way also its a good sign

They've had our number the last two years it seems like and this could be a trip-up game. However, I think PJ will have the team ready, and I'd imagine deliver the message about how Wisconsin lost to Illinois so anything is possible. I could see it being somewhat close but still think we pull away late.

They've had our number the last two years it seems like and this could be a trip-up game. However, I think PJ will have the team ready, and I'd imagine deliver the message about how Wisconsin lost to Illinois so anything is possible. I could see it being somewhat close but still think we pull away late.

Seeing we have a bye week after this game, I expect a fired up team! Hopefully ready to play with a chip on their shoulders!

Is that you, AWJr?

:clap:

I think losing two years in a row and getting blasted last year will have their full attention. If they play the way they are capable of playing, avoid dumb turnovers we should win this going away.

I would say Rossi is an improvement over Smith (obviously).

I would say Locksley is a downgrade compared to Durkin.

Match-ups are big and we don't seem to match up well, but last year was the Big 10 opener on the road with a very young team under a different DC. We lose if we are looking ahead. We win if we focus on Maryland.

And this year - AWjr is playing against them.

ESPN slot. Jason Benetti (Play by Play) // Rod Gilmore (Analyst) // Quint Kessenich (Reporter).

Has me a little nervous to be honest....
Assume the worst, first...then anything else is great! It's how i have survived Gophers football for the last several decades.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Zach Annexstad ain’t playing so we’ll be fine

247 Team Talent Rankings
MD - 27
MN - 46

We should be worried. We only have a 25% chance of winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

247 Team Talent Rankings
MD - 27
MN - 46

Good thing talent rankings have no bearing on team performance whatsoever. They are just made up by keyboard warriors. /s

247 Team Talent Rankings
MD - 27
MN - 46

Source on that one please

Same. Every game with a Minnesota team makes me nervous.

I was never really nervous against Rutgers, but they are a horrifically bad team this year. Most other Big Ten teams do make me nervous, and I am slightly worried about Maryland getting a few lucky breaks against us to make it a game.

Match-ups are big and we don't seem to match up well, but last year was the Big 10 opener on the road with a very young team under a different DC. We lose if we are looking ahead. We win if we focus on Maryland.

Might have been true in the past but not this time around. We matchup just fine with them this year. They routed Howard and an extremely overrated at the time Syracuse. Outside of that they have not played well or been impressive at all.

We won't win by just showing up, but we would have to play poorly or turn the ball over a bunch to lose this game. We are a better team then Maryland. They have a terrible pass defense and we feature a team with 3 really good WRs and an extremely smart accurate QB....if we need to throw to win (not a guarantee with the way our running game has been of late) Bateman, TJ and CAB should all have huge games.

Looks like Maryland QB Josh Jackson and RB Anthony McFarland are practicing and are expected to play at Minnesota.

Anyone else remember how Maryland’s cornerbacks used a hold the wr strategy last year. They were so blatant about it and the refs called it several times early but it flustered the offense enough that they couldn’t get going.

Top Bottom