LSU ALABAMA on CBS at 2:30 on November 9

Have you been to a night game in November? That sounds awful. Even late October is cold w/o the sun.

They’re called layers- wear a few of them and it’s really no biggie. Use the cold as an advantage over teams with weaker constitutions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does CBS have the first call on Alabama games like NBC on ND games or something? Anyways.....that surprises me. But ESPN does have an odd stake in the SEC.

CBS has rights to the first choice of SEC games each Saturday with a limit on how often teams can appear. All other SEC games go to ESPN (this includes SEC Network which ESPN runs) with the provision that none may appear on ABC. When CBS airs its 2:30 PM game, no other games can air on any ESPN channels except SEC Network.

Regarding Gameday, ESPN goes where the big games are and barring that to big where big stories are or the atmosphere is great or unique. There’s nothing stopping the show from going to a game location that ESPN isn’t covering.

Have you been to a night game in November? That sounds awful. Even late October is cold w/o the sun.

None of us have because the U has never hosted one.

I've been to a night game in Notre Dame in November in the rain and it was awesome.

I've been to two Gopher games on 10/31 - as close to November as you can get - and they were probably 2 of the top 5 games in terms of fun I have ever been to at TCF Bank Stadium.

Ideal scenario IMO - Auburn wins at LSU this week (possible), Penn State and MN win - Gameday comes and game is at 11 am FOX NOON KICKOFF (their new #1 slot, they aren't going to want to put Penn St vs MN against LSU/Bama. They can slide a Big 12 game in there or Iowa vs Wisconsin at 3 pm.

Hoping for 11 am for once due to scheduling commitments.

Ideal scenario IMO - Auburn wins at LSU this week (possible), Penn State and MN win - Gameday comes and game is at 11 am FOX NOON KICKOFF (their new #1 slot, they aren't going to want to put Penn St vs MN against LSU/Bama. They can slide a Big 12 game in there or Iowa vs Wisconsin at 3 pm.

Hoping for 11 am for once due to scheduling commitments.

Ideal scenario would be LSU blows out Auburn and we pass them in the rankings. I think if they are planning on going to that game then they'll go there regardless of whether LSU loses.

Top Bottom