LSU ALABAMA on CBS at 2:30 on November 9

swingman

Reaction score
LSU Football Twitter
@LSUfootball
The LSU-Alabama game in Tuscaloosa will kick off at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 9 on CBS.

What a horrible set up for Gameday. ;-)
:rolleyes:

We'll probably get the night game on ABC.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We'll probably get the night game on ABC.

Apparently the U declined for any of our November games being night games.

Feels like it will be a 11 AM kickoff on Fox.

Apparently the U declined for any of our November games being night games.

Feels like it will be a 11 AM kickoff on Fox.

Which, while not ideal for pre-gaming, is pretty damn big for exposure. Everyone has FOX and there shouldn't be any other games on the ABC, CBS or NBC at that time.

Which, while not ideal for pre-gaming, is pretty damn big for exposure. Everyone has FOX and there shouldn't be any other games on the ABC, CBS or NBC at that time.

There is always on ABC game at 11.

I think most people nowadays have ESPN and all the other channels so I don't think it's as big of a deal as it once was.

ESPN and Fox alternate who gets the top pick of the available Big Ten games. It is widely assumed that ESPN has the top pick for that Saturday. I assume this game ends up on ABC with an 11:00 AM kickoff as others have mentioned. With LSU at Alabama looking like a battle of #2 at #1 in the polls, that game will capture all of the attention of fans and casual viewers. The 2:30 PM spot is not the place for what is shaping up to the be best games of the day on paper apart from that SEC showdown. I expect ESPN to put our game in the early afternoon on ABC and the best of the rest in prime time on ABC and then fill in the late afternoon ABC spot and the various ESPN spots from there. I'm not a fan of the early afternoon kickoffs, but we haven't had one yet this season and the Wisconsin game isn't likely to run against Ohio State at Michigan which already has an 11:00 AM start, so I can live with it in this case.

I also get why the U of M turned down night games in November. The cold weather and long drives for fans from beyond the Twin Cities, or fans closer in who don't want to deal with the cold, make selling tickets more difficult. If people from well beyond the metro area don't have to drive home for hours starting at 10:30 PM and can hit the road at 3:00 PM or 6:00 PM after sitting in warmer daytime temps, it's a plus. There were a ton of tickets available for both games this morning. Anything they can do that would help is worth it. In the case of the Wisconsin game it is also possible that fears of fans drinking all day and then causing trouble in the stands perhaps entered the athletic department's mind as well.

This is the only weekend I really hope they don't play at 11am because I won't be able to watch the game if it is.

Is there a link to this "U turned down night games in November" statement? I hadn't heard this before. Bummed to hear it as night games are always special.

There is always on ABC game at 11.

I think most people nowadays have ESPN and all the other channels so I don't think it's as big of a deal as it once was.

+1. I think the level of attention will be lower at 11 when there are games on about 7 networks than there would be at night. 2:30 would be OK except it will be directly against LSU Alabama.

Is there a link to this "U turned down night games in November" statement? I hadn't heard this before. Bummed to hear it as night games are always special.

Saw it in the paper as a bullet point stating "Deputy Athletics Director John Cunningham said in a radio interview that Minnesota's games in November against Penn State and Wisconsin will either be 11 a.m., 2:30 or 3p.m. kickoffs. They've declined to have those be night games."

Saw it in the paper as a bullet point stating "Deputy Athletics Director John Cunningham said in a radio interview that Minnesota's games in November against Penn State and Wisconsin will either be 11 a.m., 2:30 or 3p.m. kickoffs. They've declined to have those be night games."

Terrible decision to decline night games

I guess I didn't realize ESPN Gameday was promoting games that were on other networks? If LSU/Alabama is on Fox and PSU/MN was on ESPN or ABC I would think they would host Gameday at Minnesota.

Terrible decision to decline night games
Agreed. That nighttime atmosphere just seemed special against Nebraska. Crowd sounded electric on TV.

I know I am in the minority, but LOVE 11am games.
1. Eggs, Bacon, Sausage are great tailgate foods
2. Morning drinking is the tops
3. Less waiting around for your game to start
4. You have the whole day after to do stuff and/or get things done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. That nighttime atmosphere just seemed special against Nebraska. Crowd sounded electric on TV.

Everyone stood the whole game it was electric

I know I am in the minority, but LOVE 11am games.
1. Eggs, Bacon, Sausage are great tailgate foods
2. Morning drinking is the tops
3. Less waiting around for your game to start
4. You have the whole day after to do stuff and/or get things done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My love of 2, makes 4 a no go.

LSU Football Twitter
@LSUfootball
The LSU-Alabama game in Tuscaloosa will kick off at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 9 on CBS.

What a horrible set up for Gameday. ;-)
:rolleyes:

Schnauzer....I hope you realize....that ESPN has no affiliation to CBS. They do however have an affiliation to ABC. So the LSU-Alabama game being on CBS is actually VERY good news in my opinion. They'll want to hype up the Penn State - Gophers game WHENEVER it is. Especially since it is probably going to be on one of their networks. The LSU-Alabama game is going to get talked about all week regardless. Why not pimp another game of two undefeated teams?

Schnauzer....I hope you realize....that ESPN has no affiliation to CBS. They do however have an affiliation to ABC. So the LSU-Alabama game being on CBS is actually VERY good news in my opinion. They'll want to hype up the Penn State - Gophers game WHENEVER it is. Especially since it is probably going to be on one of their networks. The LSU-Alabama game is going to get talked about all week regardless. Why not pimp another game of two undefeated teams?

Our game could very well be the 11am fox game

ESPN and Fox alternate who gets the top pick of the available Big Ten games. It is widely assumed that ESPN has the top pick for that Saturday. I assume this game ends up on ABC with an 11:00 AM kickoff as others have mentioned. With LSU at Alabama looking like a battle of #2 at #1 in the polls, that game will capture all of the attention of fans and casual viewers. The 2:30 PM spot is not the place for what is shaping up to the be best games of the day on paper apart from that SEC showdown. I expect ESPN to put our game in the early afternoon on ABC and the best of the rest in prime time on ABC and then fill in the late afternoon ABC spot and the various ESPN spots from there. I'm not a fan of the early afternoon kickoffs, but we haven't had one yet this season and the Wisconsin game isn't likely to run against Ohio State at Michigan which already has an 11:00 AM start, so I can live with it in this case.

I also get why the U of M turned down night games in November. The cold weather and long drives for fans from beyond the Twin Cities, or fans closer in who don't want to deal with the cold, make selling tickets more difficult. If people from well beyond the metro area don't have to drive home for hours starting at 10:30 PM and can hit the road at 3:00 PM or 6:00 PM after sitting in warmer daytime temps, it's a plus. There were a ton of tickets available for both games this morning. Anything they can do that would help is worth it. In the case of the Wisconsin game it is also possible that fears of fans drinking all day and then causing trouble in the stands perhaps entered the athletic department's mind as well.

Holy hell! A well thought-out post!

Hopefully someday we won't have to worry about how scalpers are going to fare in the cold. And out-state fans will either have to shack up in the city for the night, make the trek home in the dark, or watch the game on the TV.

Game day has been to every Bama-LSU game except 1 since 2011 I think. At 1-2, it is a lock. Time to hope they come for Wisconsin.

Our game could very well be the 11am fox game

Several posters seem to think that ESPN has the first pick of games week 11.

So you could very well be a troll....or a dunce. Or someone who spends a lot of time on the forum posting....but doesn't really take much in.

Game day has been to every Bama-LSU game except 1 since 2011 I think. At 1-2, it is a lock. Time to hope they come for Wisconsin.

2014 and 2017.

Again.....it's on CBS. That's their competition. You realize that....right?

And how many other undefeated matchups were going on at the same time? How many were on a campus that they had never been on?

2014 and 2017.

Again.....it's on CBS. That's their competition. You realize that....right?

And how many other undefeated matchups were going on at the same time? How many were on a campus that they had never been on?

I had fun with this.

November 5, 2011 - CBS. Gameday.

November 3, 2012 - CBS. Gameday.

November 9, 2013 - CBS. Gameday

2014 - No Gameday

November 7, 2015 - CBS. Gameday.

November 5, 2016 - CBS. Gameday.

2017 - No Gameday.

November 3, 2018 - CBS. Gameday.

I had fun with this.

2014 - No Gameday

2017 - No Gameday.

Does CBS have the first call on Alabama games like NBC on ND games or something? Anyways.....that surprises me. But ESPN does have an odd stake in the SEC.

I had fun with this.

2014 - No Gameday

2017 - No Gameday.

Does CBS have the first call on Alabama games like NBC on ND games or something? Anyways.....that surprises me. But ESPN does have an odd stake in the SEC.

Several posters seem to think that ESPN has the first pick of games week 11.

So you could very well be a troll....or a dunce. Or someone who spends a lot of time on the forum posting....but doesn't really take much in.

Many on GI think that Fox has the first pick for weeks 11-13. No one really knows for sure.

Last edited:

Top Bottom