The 13 smartest minds in America (Greder, Rece, WI StateJourno's Polzin among them)

swingman

Reaction score
Of the 62 AP ballots, 13 of them have Gophers ahead of Badgers.
https://collegepolltracker.com/football/grid/2019/week-9

Pioneer Press's Andy Greder has MN at 15, WI at 16.

Other geniuses and their MN-WI votes:

Whicker LA Daily News: 13-16
Vega Boston Globe: 14-17
Holder Tupelo TV: 14-16
Zucker CBS Sports: 14-15
Kerkhoff KC Star: 14-15
O'Neill Winston Salem Journal: 14-15
Kratch NJ.com: 14-15
Green Auburn News: 15-17
Rece Davis ESPN: 16-17
Dubin TV Nashville: 16-17
Howell Boulder DailyCamera: 17-18
Polzin at the Wisconsin State Journal in Madison: 17-18

Dumbest mind in America is Nathan Baird, Ohio State beat guy at Cleveland Plain Dealer, who has Gophs at 23. No one else has Gophers ranked that low. Baird was at the CourierJournal in Lafayette when Fleck passed on the Purdue job.

Was Fleck really offered the Purdue job? I don't recall that.

Kinda interesting that the WSJ reporter would drop Wisco that much in his rankings. He's obviously watched every snap this season, and at least from where I'm sitting Wisconsin has been really dominant in every game besides Saturday. He's either not convinced or believes strongly that records matter more than eye test.

Was Fleck really offered the Purdue job? I don't recall that.

Not offered the job, but if this is accurate, he probably could have had the job.

Purdue officials now believe it is unlikely they will get a sitdown with Western Michigan coach PJ Fleck and are prepared to move onto their next target, Western Kentucky's Jeff Brohm, according to a person with knowledge of the process.....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...j-fleck-coaching-vacancy-jeff-brohm/94825382/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Whicker is the smartest person on the planet-bar none!!
Mrs. Nathan "Dink" Baird needs to go work at Starbucks giving people a coffee or effervescent heart shaped latte. He's obviously not qualified for this position.

I sense that, barring a big letdown against MD (not happening), some are waiting for Gophs to play PSU...

I’d have to agree with the ~80% that at this point WI should be rated higher. The nice thing is they play each other to settle the debate.

Kinda interesting that the WSJ reporter would drop Wisco that much in his rankings. He's obviously watched every snap this season, and at least from where I'm sitting Wisconsin has been really dominant in every game besides Saturday. He's either not convinced or believes strongly that records matter more than eye test.

I wasn't aware the Wall Street Journal had a college football reporter.:rolleyes:

I’d have to agree with the ~80% that at this point WI should be rated higher. The nice thing is they play each other to settle the debate.

I don't have an issue with it either

Top Bottom