Snyder: Minnesota Is Going To the College Football Playoff & it might not be this yr

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Snyder: Minnesota Is Going To the College Football Playoff & it might not be this yr

per Snyder:

Some of you might think I am being a bit reactionary to Wisconsin losing to Illinois while the Golden Gophers have squeaked their way to a 7-0 record against a terrible schedule. Maybe you think I am over thinking things. There is a legit possibility that Minnesota could lose a close contest against Penn State at home, but win the West. Then, it’s all about the B1G Championship Game. Certainly a motivator like P.J. Fleck could possibly convince Minnesota to win one against an overrated Ohio State team (you hope) and squeak into the playoffs that way. Crazy talk, but not so crazy.

It’s not about that. It’s about my knowledge of P.J. Fleck.

On the outside, it’s easy to see Fleck as a different incarnation of a cliche’ coach that can get his kids to run through a brick wall. A modern day Lou Holtz. Since we are talking about Notre Dame, maybe Fleck can convince this team to “win one for the Flecker” and knock off the Mighty Nittany Lions.

P.J. is deeper than that.

https://www.offtackleempire.com/201...sota-is-going-to-the-college-football-playoff

Go Gophers!!

Very nice piece. Thanks for sharing!

there are a lot of bittttttttter badgers comments on that piece. How sweet would it be if we went to the CFP before our rivals who have been better than us for the last 50 years.

there are a lot of bittttttttter badgers comments on that piece. How sweet would it be if we went to the CFP before our rivals who have been better than us for the last 50 years.

It’s been half that. 25 years. Not 50.
From 1969-1993 Minnesota won more games against Wisconsin than lost.

Last 50 years is a bit of a stretch. They were on par with us at best until Alvarez got there.

Last 50 years is a bit of a stretch. They were on par with us at best until Alvarez got there.
Yes I saw them back at Memorial Stadium before Alvarez. Nothing special at all to be honest. Actually we had the upper hand some years in the late 70's.

They should be scared!!!

per Snyder:

Some of you might think I am being a bit reactionary to Wisconsin losing to Illinois while the Golden Gophers have squeaked their way to a 7-0 record against a terrible schedule. Maybe you think I am over thinking things. There is a legit possibility that Minnesota could lose a close contest against Penn State at home, but win the West. Then, it’s all about the B1G Championship Game. Certainly a motivator like P.J. Fleck could possibly convince Minnesota to win one against an overrated Ohio State team (you hope) and squeak into the playoffs that way. Crazy talk, but not so crazy.

It’s not about that. It’s about my knowledge of P.J. Fleck.

On the outside, it’s easy to see Fleck as a different incarnation of a cliche’ coach that can get his kids to run through a brick wall. A modern day Lou Holtz. Since we are talking about Notre Dame, maybe Fleck can convince this team to “win one for the Flecker” and knock off the Mighty Nittany Lions.

P.J. is deeper than that.

https://www.offtackleempire.com/201...sota-is-going-to-the-college-football-playoff

Go Gophers!!

i dunno what about OSU's performance so far this year has been overrated...

I love how the bar is getting set higher and higher.
I love being in contention for the division, but I love even more how folks are talking bigger picture, like winning B1G and getting a CFP spot.
We haven't averaged over 28 pts a game in over a century of football. This is the best offense I've seen since Mason, and is on track to be better.
This is only the sixth time in history MN has gone 7-0...the first 5 times we hit that mark, we won a national title each time.
I would love to beat a ranked opponent while also being ranked (could happen vs PSU)
I would love to win at Iowa and take home the pig (hasn't happened since 1999)
I would love to keep the axe home, where it belongs.

I love the Gophers and I'm enjoying the ride!!

Top Bottom