[TICKETS REMAINING TRACKING THREAD] - How many seats are unsold vs MD, PSU and WIS?

buy the cheap upper deck corners for 60-80 and they can move wherever they want...the plaza is fun to watch game...the upper deck concourse is nice...ushers probably won't care if they fill in some of the empty nice seats

None of them are gopher fans or grads. Might be likely that we could go wherever, but I still think it's got a chance to sell out. Everyone wants to stay together, and 80 to stand in the plaza not worth it for them.

I can remember sitting in a micro-economics lecture in late October of 1985. Lou's second year, Gophs were 5-1 (3-0 in Big) and ranked with top ten Ohio State coming to the Dome for Homecoming. Only loss had been to Oklahoma by 6. I was looking at the standings in the Strib, trying to guess various outcomes going forward, not paying attention to curves!

The Ohio State game was fabulous. Electric and loud atmosphere in a dome packed to the bubble. Foggie was driving us for a winning score but got injured and the drive stalled.

Good memory. I was at that game also. I remember how Holtz bitched about having OSU as the Homecoming game.

Last edited:

Correct.

Two weeks before the Nebraska game there were several sections that were "singles only" or even full. However at the start of game week, all those sections went back to being "medium" full. Against GSU, there were tons of sections that were full or singles only. Than on day of game I checked again and most of the singles only or full sections were no longer that way and there were tons of available seats.

So I wouldn't put too much stock into these numbers.

To repeat, there are **at least** this many tickets.

Sure, we may not know the exact number of tickets available, as seats may be released like you mentioned, but we do know there **at least** this many tickets remaining. And we can put stock in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought 2 from the ticket office, in addition to my 6 season tickets.

Are you planning on updating this thread every so often? I really like seeing the actual numbers versus colored dots

Are you planning on updating this thread every so often? I really like seeing the actual numbers versus colored dots

I'd like this as well, assuming it isn't too difficult

I am just waiting for the announcement the student tickets are “nearly” sold out to motivate purchases and build momentum.

Foggie was driving us for a winning score but got injured and the drive stalled.

i really thought the gophers would pull out the win on that final drive

"Starting from their own 9 yard line with less than 6 minutes to go in the game, the Gophers began a methodical march down the field using the option almost exclusively. As they drove into Ohio State territory, it looked as if the game would come down to this possession because they were using up all of the remaining time. On a 3rd down play from the OSU 14 yard line, Foggie faked to the fullback and began to option left. As the outside LB took away the pitch, Foggie turned down-field for a keeper. But right before he reached the first down marker at the 11-yard line, he was crushed by OSU's Chris Spielman who was pursuing from the inside. Foggie got up slowly, and had to leave the game after the hard hit. Minnesota now faced a 4th and less than a yard with only 48 seconds left. Reserve QB Alan Holt entered the game and handed to the fullback on the dive play. But he was stopped by Pepper Johnson for no gain and Ohio State took over. The Buckeyes ran out the clock and escaped the Metrodome with a hard-fought victory. "

Yes! Now that I’ve written the code it’s only about 10 minutes of work to update the counts for all three games, so I’ll update every 3-5 days as long as people find it interesting.

Yes! Now that I’ve written the code it’s only about 10 minutes of work to update the counts for all three games, so I’ll update every 3-5 days as long as people find it interesting.

Thank you for doing battle with these dangerous pythons on our behalf. I hate snakes.

Got a true Minnesotan who just can't feed his disappointment with the Gophers historically to commit to going to the PSU game and figure out how to do it.

He'll be looking at tix over the next couple of days.

Looking forward to his report back. Meanwhile, pitched the PSU game (and Maryland too) to 7 other folks and all at least didn't laugh at me for trying.

Progress.

For what it is worth, I’ve had more friends with tickets let me know they will be at our tailgate for the Maryland game. Perhaps it is just a coincidence but definitely an uptick in tailgate attendance.

on gophersports ticket page, sections 107, 108, 114, 135, 137, 138, 143, 144 show as only singles available...these list as $93 seats, some $71in end zone corner, (did they lower their service fee a few bucks?)

lthese are the lower deck sunny and shady sides, roughly the 20 yard line toward end zone sections.

also, all the sections on plaza sold out or singles only available.

the high price seats between the 20s and the upper decks still good chunk of seats available

Last edited:

201, upper deck corner by open end sunny side, shows sold out...those list for $40...

101, 103, 113, 115, 117, 133 close to sold out...

Last edited:

None of these games will sell out unless there are big sales from the ticket office. The reason is purely economic and interestingly enough tied back to the grinch of Scholarship Seating. If single game tickets were priced market-appropriately from the start, the remainder of the schedule would already be sold out.

Initially, donations were required in 9,550 of TCF's seats. That number jumped to 28,050 and we saw season ticket holders jump ship by the thousands. While that was happening, the pricing structure of single game tickets also was restructured to reflect the new seating zones applied to season tickets. They basically baked in the Scholarship Seating cost into single game tickets with many locations doubling of tripling.

To the Gopher curious, the face value is astronomical and it is not a coincidence that Fleck hasn't been able to fill the place. I've had trouble giving tickets away and Stubhub is always a better deal than the ticket office.

Compared to what the ticket office wants for Penn State and Wisconsin, Maryland is a huge bargain.

Maryland
Outdoor Club$190.00
Zone 1 - Stadium Seats$145.00
Zone 2 - Stadium Seats$125.00
Zone 3 - Stadium Seats$85.00
Zone 4 - Stadium Seats$70.00
Zone 4 - Bench Seats$65.00
Zone 5 - Stadium Seats$65.00
Zone 5 - Bench Seats$60.00
Zone 6 - Bench Seats$50.00
Zone 7 - Bench Seats$40.00
Zone 7 - Bench Seats (SS)$40.00

Penn State
Outdoor Club$335.00
Zone 1 - Stadium Seats$255.00
Zone 2 - Stadium Seats$215.00
Zone 3 - Stadium Seats$150.00
Zone 4 - Stadium Seats$120.00
Zone 4 - Bench Seats$115.00
Zone 5 - Stadium Seats$110.00
Zone 5 - Bench Seats$105.00
Zone 6 - Bench Seats$85.00
Zone 7 - Bench Seats$65.00
Student Section - BAND$65.00

Wisconsin
Outdoor Club$335.00
Zone 1 - Stadium Seats$255.00
Zone 2 - Stadium Seats$215.00
Zone 3 - Stadium Seats$150.00
Zone 4 - Stadium Seats$120.00
Zone 4 - Bench Seats$115.00
Zone 5 - Stadium Seats$110.00
Zone 5 - Bench Seats$105.00
Zone 6 - Bench Seats$85.00

It was a horrible mistake, still not remedied. My seats for these big games are $145 each. Imagine a dad bringing two kids at those prices or even anywhere near those prices. Absurd.

It was a horrible mistake, still not remedied. My seats for these big games are $145 each. Imagine a dad bringing two kids at those prices or even anywhere near those prices. Absurd.

Anyone saying "just win and the attendance will take care of itself" over the past couple years was not paying attention to the damage scholarship seating did, and the fallout that we are still seeing in these inflated prices for singe game tickets. After all is said and done, the prices are too high to fill the stadium - possibly for the foreseeable future, regardless of the level of team success. If you are going to come back to me and say the U is making more money this way then I will reply to you before you bother saying that: Then they should have planned on these prices and built TCF Bank Stadium with 40,000 seats. Maybe 35,000 seats.

Anyone saying "just win and the attendance will take care of itself" over the past couple years was not paying attention to the damage scholarship seating did, and the fallout that we are still seeing in these inflated prices for singe game tickets. After all is said and done, the prices are too high to fill the stadium - possibly for the foreseeable future, regardless of the level of team success. If you are going to come back to me and say the U is making more money this way then I will reply to you before you bother saying that: Then they should have planned on these prices and built TCF Bank Stadium with 40,000 seats. Maybe 35,000 seats.

I would agree with this.

I Imagine probably close to 3.5k tickets still available?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You can gather up your friends and pick from at least 58 sections with decent amounts of tickets remaining, 8 of which have large quantities and big open swaths of availability (as displayed on the U ticket website via color coded sections reflecting availability).

I Imagine probably close to 3.5k tickets still available?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’ll check tonight and update the numbers. I’d be surprised if they sold 3,500 tickets in the three days since I last posted.

FRIDAY MORNING UPDATE

MONDAY'S DATA:
---------------------------
Date: 10/21 5AM
Zone 1 remaining: 247
Zone 2 remaining: 1014
Zone 3 remaining: 817
Zone 4 remaining: 1463
Zone 5 remaining: 400
Zone 6 remaining: 1287
Zone 7 remaining: 162
Zone 8 remaining: 170
Zone 9 remaining: 1055
Zone 10 remaining: 355
Zone 21 remaining: 7
total: 6977

TODAY'S DATA:
Date: 10/25 10am EDT
Zone 1 remaining: 248
Zone 2 remaining: 961
Zone 3 remaining: 680
Zone 4 remaining: 1168
Zone 5 remaining: 0
Zone 6 remaining: 838
Zone 7 remaining: 51
Zone 8 remaining: 37
Zone 9 remaining: 556
Zone 10 remaining: 21
Zone 21 remaining: 33
total: 4593

Looks like they released some seats, as Zone 1 has only gone down by 1 ticket and Zone 21 has gone up by 1 ticket. Not a ton of movement, which is pretty expected given seats are fairly affordable and available on Stubhub.

FRIDAY MORNING UPDATE

MONDAY'S DATA:
Date: 10/21 5AM
Zone 1 remaining: 247
Zone 2 remaining: 1014
Zone 3 remaining: 817
Zone 4 remaining: 1463
Zone 5 remaining: 400
Zone 6 remaining: 1287
Zone 7 remaining: 162
Zone 8 remaining: 170
Zone 9 remaining: 1055
Zone 10 remaining: 355
Zone 21 remaining: 7
total: 6977

TODAY'S DATA:
Date: 10/25 10am EDT
Zone 1 remaining: 248
Zone 2 remaining: 961
Zone 3 remaining: 680
Zone 4 remaining: 1168
Zone 5 remaining: 0
Zone 6 remaining: 838
Zone 7 remaining: 51
Zone 8 remaining: 37
Zone 9 remaining: 556
Zone 10 remaining: 21
Zone 21 remaining: 33
total: 4593

Hopefully we can get that down to ~3000-3500 tomorrow, but looks like a sellout is off the table.

If we win this week, does anyone think the athletic department/ticket office will get creative to make sure the PSU game is a sellout? Or are their hands tied with these single "premium" game ticket prices this far along in the season?

The PSU game is specifically frustrating because yes while it ends up that it is a premium game and they are a helmet School, I don't think we're at risk of them filling up the stadium with 15,000 fans. I can see jackin the prices up for Nebraska and Wisconsin because historically their fans have traveled so well and bought up tons of tix - Make your dollars on them if they wanna come. But PSU should not be like that and it's gonna suck if we don't sell out because lots of tickets are $150-250.

If we win this week, does anyone think the athletic department/ticket office will get creative to make sure the PSU game is a sellout? Or are their hands tied with these single "premium" game ticket prices this far along in the season?

The PSU game is specifically frustrating because yes while it ends up that it is a premium game and they are a helmet School, I don't think we're at risk of them filling up the stadium with 15,000 fans. I can see jackin the prices up for Nebraska and Wisconsin because historically their fans have traveled so well and bought up tons of tix - Make your dollars on them if they wanna come. But PSU should not be like that and it's gonna suck if we don't sell out because lots of tickets are $150-250.

I think they just need to bite the bullet and accept that dropping prices might piss off a few of those who already bought tickets/have season tickets. Fix it in the offseason, but it's just plain pitiful if an undefeated (hopefully) matchup against a top 10 opponent isn't easily sold out.

Top Bottom