[TICKETS REMAINING TRACKING THREAD] - How many seats are unsold vs MD, PSU and WIS?

How do you know they are being sold by the school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told they were employing this strategy. Also, when you buy those tickets they are emailed/transferred to you from the U of M, not an individual seller like they would if I was selling them you. Maybe not ALL of them are the U, but most, especially the ones with nearly identical prices. The ticket company they work with (Paciolan or whatever it is) uses an algorithm to determine a fair market price based on all available tickets on all sites.

Gives the U another outlet to sell tickets, especially since people go to Stubhub before their site a lot of the time.

Well, literally butts in seats is impossible to measure unless you have sensors on each seat or something.

You can measure how many of the tickets sold were scanned at the gates. I would say for the Gophers, it's very rare to have a number approaching 100%. Probably only a handful of times above some 9x% threshold in the lifetime of TCF. Hoping this will be another one on the list!

I saw a tweet yesterday that had the last 3 years' worth of tickets sold and tickets scanned. I think Burns retweeted it.

I saw a tweet yesterday that had the last 3 years' worth of tickets sold and tickets scanned. I think Burns retweeted it.

I checked @RyanBurnsMN and didn't see it, but he Tweets a lot and maybe I missed it. If you or anyone finds it, I would love to see it!

One thing I'll say about seats looking empty is that a lot, 1000s potentially, of people stand in the open end zone. I noticed this against maryland. It was packed, to the point I didn't bother going to get a beer at halftime.

The Cub 4-pack, $67.50, which includes a $5 Cub discount, four hot dogs, four pops, and four popcorns is available in all the upper-deck corners.

The Cub 4-pack, $67.50, which includes a $5 Cub discount, four hot dogs, four pops, and four popcorns is available in all the upper-deck corners.

Just for clarification, that's $67.50/ticket. So for $270 (plus whatever fees), you get a 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 pops & 4 popcorns.

Still probably the best available deal.

Just for clarification, that's $67.50/ticket. So for $270 (plus whatever fees), you get a 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 pops & 4 popcorns.

Still probably the best available deal.

I see an error message that says No Events/Items Available when I go through the old Cub Family 4 Pack link. I suspect these are sold out but if someone has a link, let me know. I'll send it to a couple people.

210 and 211, upper deck midfield on the sunny side...prices range from $120 high up to $215 down low now listed as sold out.

239, 240, 242 upper deck midfield on the shady side, $215 seats, are now listed as sold out.

UPDATED NUMBERS vs Penn State:

---------------------------
Date: 11/5 9AM EST
Zone 1 remaining: 70
Zone 2 remaining: 431
Zone 3 remaining: 439
Zone 4 remaining: 665
Zone 5 remaining: 394
Zone 6 remaining: 954
Zone 7 remaining: 0
Zone 8 remaining: 67
Zone 9 remaining: 274
Zone 10 remaining: 82
Zone 21 remaining: 77
total: 3453

Lots of movement, particularly given they've released 100's of tickets since 11/2 --> so real total sold between 11/2 and now is greater than simply taking the difference. Definitely trending towards a sellout if these numbers are legitimate.

TICKETS ARE FLYING THIS MORNING!!!

New data:

Date: 11/5 12:35pm EST
Zone 1 remaining: 33
Zone 2 remaining: 148
Zone 3 remaining: 162
Zone 4 remaining: 403
Zone 5 remaining: 318
Zone 6 remaining: 825
Zone 8 remaining: 40
Zone 9 remaining: 253
Zone 10 remaining: 68
Zone 21 remaining: 75
total: 2325

New data:

This is what I like to see! Even if we are giving some tix away to vets/active military and their families, hopefully it's a great game in a PACKED TCF and we win some new fans over!

New data:

And I'm assuming the roughly 700 pseudo-season tickets where people get plopped in different seats every game have not been applied yet so that means the number left to sell is probably closer to 1600. If they sell all 2300, there will be at least 700 people in standing room (or available to take up the seats of no-shows once the game starts).

New data:

Over 1,000 in 3 hours?

tenor.gif

New data:

Looks like a sell out is gonna happen!

Then we can start wringing our hands and worrying about the Wisconsin game selling out.

Awesome!! Thank you!

I'm gonna guess the following for Penn State:
Capacity - 100%
Redemption - 95+%

Probably haven't seen those two since TCU.
That is what I was thinking as I watch the tickets sell this morning: we have not seen this kind of ticket sales since the TCU game! It was a lot warmer back then, but hey the atmosphere will be great on Saturday and I will say this: I am happy to have paid full price for my season tickets. Hopefully the U does some creative marketing to get more season ticket holders from the fans coming back this fall.

So are they giving away tickets to vets or something to cause this massive spike today? Important to know because that would still mean prices were originally set too high.

So are they giving away tickets to vets or something to cause this massive spike today? Important to know because that would still mean prices were originally set too high.

I was getting emails about donating tickets to "Salute to Service" before the season started. The emails talked about the ticket office matching donations. I don't know what happened in the last few days, but this might have been the plan all along?

Perhaps the general public decided that the prices were ok for a big game?

Also important to note in the graph are the colors. I assume white represents an “expected” value. So the ticket office “expects” redemptions in the low 7x% and capacity in the mid 8x%.

That’s one thing for capacity ... but they only expect 3/4 of tickets purchased to be scanned?? Guessing it’s a lot of unused promo cheap seats that people get for free/cheap and decide not to go and/or they weren’t able to give away or sell cheaply.

I looked at stubhub yesterday and if I remember correctly they had about 1500 tickets. Today it is about 1500 tickets so whatever is causing this massive move in tickets on the U website, it doesn't appear to extend to the secondary ticket market.

I'm assuming this is all due to the veteran free ticket offer.

Also important to note in the graph are the colors. I assume white represents an “expected” value. So the ticket office “expects” redemptions in the low 7x% and capacity in the mid 8x%.

That’s one thing for capacity ... but they only expect 3/4 of tickets purchased to be scanned?? Guessing it’s a lot of unused promo cheap seats that people get for free/cheap and decide not to go and/or they weren’t able to give away or sell cheaply.

I'm pretty sure those colors are just default conditional formatting...

Anyone have a direct link to the Cub Family Four Pack event page for PSU?

It's no longer showing on the Cub Family Four Pack landing page.

Top Bottom