[TICKETS REMAINING TRACKING THREAD] - How many seats are unsold vs MD, PSU and WIS?

Upper bowl - 535 remaining on Stub Hub

Lower bowl - 575 remaining

Total - 1,110

Stubhub sellers often hold out if they're not getting what they want. It's a weird flow you see from game to game. I've seen Twins games that are far from a sell out and a large chunk of the sellers hold out at higher prices for no apparent reasons. Then others where even 3 days before things shift dramatically to the cheap. Hard to know what game everyone is playing as a whole.

Because if you're planning to go to the game, but won't pass up a sale at a good price, it doesn't hurt to list the tickets. If you don't get a sale, then you go to the game.

interesting to see the stub hub inventory has been going down, but not very quickly. Currently at 1,176 tickets available there as I type this. Earlier this week it was about 1600 I believe. Hasn't gone down a whole lot over the last 24 hours.

I wonder what the percentage of no-shows will result from unpurchased tickets on secondary sites like stub hub. Some will go unused. Some are being sold by fans that will give the ticket to their neighbor if it doesn't sell, etc. At any rate, there are several resellers and it appears anyone hitting the "sold out" message on the Gopher ticket site will still have plenty of options, and a lot of these options aren't priced much differently than what was being sold through Gopher sports.

I've listed our extra tickets for the price that I would "like" to get. If they sell great, if not, I have someone already lined up to give them to or sell them to at a lower price.

You are really trying hard to discredit the sellout. Tickets on the secondary market were sold. It is a sellout, be happy.

I'd expect the stub hub tickets to move fast today with the sellout on gopher sports.

interesting to see the stub hub inventory has been going down, but not very quickly. Currently at 1,176 tickets available there as I type this. Earlier this week it was about 1600 I believe. Hasn't gone down a whole lot over the last 24 hours.

I wonder what the percentage of no-shows will result from unpurchased tickets on secondary sites like stub hub. Some will go unused. Some are being sold by fans that will give the ticket to their neighbor if it doesn't sell, etc. At any rate, there are several resellers and it appears anyone hitting the "sold out" message on the Gopher ticket site will still have plenty of options, and a lot of these options aren't priced much differently than what was being sold through Gopher sports.

I'm still going 48,000+ tickets scanned!

Stubhub is below 1,100 tickets. This is a pretty common amount for big CFB games. For reference in a few of tomorrow's top 25 games, Stubhub has the following listings:

Penn State at Minnesota: 1,094 from $69
Iowa at Wisconsin: 1,052 from $50
Iowa State at Oklahoma: 1,928 tickets from $35
LSU at Alabama: 1,469 from $273

LSU at Bama is obviously higher priced on the secondary market due to the geographic proximity of the two teams and the 1 vs. 2 nature of the matchup but a similar scale of tickets are listed. Listings on secondary markets in no way discount the fact it's a sellout. Most of those 1,094 tickets will be used tomorrow.

Stubhub is below 1,100 tickets. This is a pretty common amount for big CFB games. For reference in a few of tomorrow's top 25 games, Stubhub has the following listings:

Penn State at Minnesota: 1,094 from $69
Iowa at Wisconsin: 1,052 from $50
Iowa State at Oklahoma: 1,928 tickets from $35
LSU at Alabama: 1,469 from $273

LSU at Bama is obviously higher priced on the secondary market due to the geographic proximity of the two teams and the 1 vs. 2 nature of the matchup but a similar scale of tickets are listed. Listings on secondary markets in no way discount the fact it's a sellout. Most of those 1,094 tickets will be used tomorrow.

Yeah if anyone is gonna get picky about sub 1k tickets used or not... they're gonna have problems with most every "sell out" ever.

Yeah if anyone is gonna get picky about sub 1k tickets used or not... they're gonna have problems with most every "sell out" ever.

With the secondary market being such an easy thing these days, I'm guessing very few games actually get to the high 90% redemption rates.

Updated Stub Hub numbers:

Upper bowl - 533

Lower bowl - 531

Total = 1064

Prices on StubHub keep trending higher, at least for now. The cheapest ones are now up around $70.

My Gopher Pass Ticket arrived:

Section SRO!!!!!

I'm curious, where are the best standing room areas? The mid-level concourses around the stadium, West open end, or other? My apologies if addressed in this long thread already.

I've listed our extra tickets for the price that I would "like" to get. If they sell great, if not, I have someone already lined up to give them to or sell them to at a lower price.

You are really trying hard to discredit the sellout. Tickets on the secondary market were sold. It is a sellout, be happy.

WTF???? I went back to read what I wrote to try to see how it could be seen as "discrediting" the sellout. I was just stating facts. I would hope facts don't discredit the sellout because that would mean it deserves to be discredited. Right? I'm ecstatic it sold out and I hope that also means there won't be many no shows as well. If I was making any point, it was that people hungry to see the game still have options to do so. I figured that was a good thing.

I'm curious, where are the best standing room areas? The mid-level concourses around the stadium, West open end, or other? My apologies if addressed in this long thread already.

I'm curious too...rare air for this team. Completely sold.out. remarkable! No experience with where to stand except when coming back to my seat.

WTF???? I went back to read what I wrote to try to see how it could be seen as "discrediting" the sellout. I was just stating facts. I would hope facts don't discredit the sellout because that would mean it deserves to be discredited. Right? I'm ecstatic it sold out and I hope that also means there won't be many no shows as well. If I was making any point, it was that people hungry to see the game still have options to do so. I figured that was a good thing.

This

A couple points:

-I've looked at Stub Hub the last couple days and the overall amount of seats available has gone from about 1500 for two days, to 1400 yesterday, to about 1600 today. So, not massive changes but also not a steady drop.

-If the amount available seats through the U is now down to 1400, and there are roughly 700 mobile pass holders - that means the U website only needs to move about 700-800 more tickets to officially count this as a sellout (even though we know this should have a big asterisk next to "sellout" because of the shell game being played with big blocks of tickets and the freebees being handed out to vets).

-I keep saying there are 700 mobile pass holders because I read that somewhere. Is that correct? Anyone know the actual number?

The term "shell game" was in answer to others that said big blocks of tickets were being removed and readded to the available seats on the U site, and other comments stating the U was likely moving tickets from their inventory to stub hub. So now in response to my comments about the post you quoted, your answer is to quote DIFFERENT posts, out of context. The other stuff you have quoted is again, just facts. nice.

How about this? How about you take my word for it as I am pretty happy this is a sellout? If you aren't ready for that big step in our relationship, I could perhaps do a cut and paste job like you did of all the actual comments I have made in this thread and elsewhere expressing my excitement over selling out the Penn State game. There are a LOT of them, as I have expressed it. Quite often.

The term "shell game" was in answer to others that said big blocks of tickets were being removed and readded to the available seats on the U site, and other comments stating the U was likely moving tickets from their inventory to stub hub. So now in response to my comments about the post you quoted, your answer is to quote DIFFERENT posts, out of context. The other stuff you have quoted is again, just facts. nice.

How about this? How about you take my word for it as I am pretty happy this is a sellout? If you aren't ready for that big step in our relationship, I could perhaps do a cut and paste job like you did of all the actual comments I have made in this thread and elsewhere expressing my excitement over selling out the Penn State game. There are a LOT of them, as I have expressed it. Quite often.

Relationships usually scare me but I'm feeling a little crazy, so I'll take that step with you. Looking forward to great game and great crowd tomorrow.

Cheapest seats are now up to 75 bucks

Upper bowl: 420

Lower bowl: 476

Total: 896

I’ve got Outdoor Club seats! First game since I was a student. Does anyone know whether there’s a separate entrance or the like?

In my mind, without a doubt the second level concourse over on the sunny side. I've watched plenty of football from up there just because I didn't feel like sitting or being crowded in.

Stub Hub Update:

Upper bowl: 544

Lower bowl: 459

Total: 1003

Totals go up - seems that a bunch of upper deck tickets have gotten posted, and the majority of tickets are now $80+

Might be some people seeing if someone is willing to effectively buy them out of their ticket, and they'll just go to the game if the ticket doesn't sell.

Yes

I’ve got Outdoor Club seats! First game since I was a student. Does anyone know whether there’s a separate entrance or the like?

The club seats have a seperate entrance from the General seating areas.

Top Bottom