[TICKETS REMAINING TRACKING THREAD] - How many seats are unsold vs MD, PSU and WIS?

Snatch those tickets up Gopher fans! I'm thinking there will be a decent amount of Penn State fans here since they are also having a magical season.
It seems like prices on Stubhub are almost identical now to the Gopher ticket office prices.

I’m confused, I see Wild games sold out and Vikings games close to sold out. Those tickets are far more pricey in comparison to Gopher games. So basically it’s either people looking for excuses to not go to the games, or there are a ton of broke Gopher fans that need some financial help. All the people with money only support the Vikes and Wild I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is those teams have a lot more corporate season ticket holders than the Gophers. I've been to many Vikings, Twins and Wild games in the last 10 years or so, and have never paid a dime on home game tickets due to my dad's company having a bunch of season tickets. There's no doubt that we've gone to more games due to it not costing us anything. There's even been times where the owner would just go to my dad, "There's still two more tickets to the Vikings game this Sunday, do you want them or know anyone that wants them?" And he's even given them to some friends when we can't go. So they almost always get used.

Hopefully as the Gophers program continues to improve, there's more pressure from employees of bigger companies for their employer to have tickets available.

Snatch those tickets up Gopher fans! I'm thinking there will be a decent amount of Penn State fans here since they are also having a magical season.
It seems like prices on Stubhub are almost identical now to the Gopher ticket office prices.

I'm trying to juggle my schedule to make it work. There's also a chance that my hometown HS football team plays their first round state game in Buffalo the night before so I could get there for both.

My guess is those teams have a lot more corporate season ticket holders than the Gophers. I've been to many Vikings, Twins and Wild games in the last 10 years or so, and have never paid a dime on home game tickets due to my dad's company having a bunch of season tickets. There's no doubt that we've gone to more games due to it not costing us anything. There's even been times where the owner would just go to my dad, "There's still two more tickets to the Vikings game this Sunday, do you want them or know anyone that wants them?" And he's even given them to some friends when we can't go. So they almost always get used.

Hopefully as the Gophers program continues to improve, there's more pressure from employees of bigger companies for their employer to have tickets available.

Nah, people just prefer pro sports.

If you can't sell out a game like this it's obvious Gopher ticket prices are set too high. Gopher hockey finally realized their prices were way too high, but way too late.

Thanks Hollins. 3,000 tickets sold in one week for a game still two weeks out is big.

With that kind of demand there will be no flash sale or further discounts.

U of M should just come out and say that so all the peopll who may be waiting for that just bite the bullet.

attendance comes up over and over and is a major topic of conversation on Gopherhole. This post should be pinned to every one of them. Excellent points and well said. It is horrible the way the scholarship seating gutted the ticket base and it is interesting to see that it continues to haunt attendance going forward. To make a long story short, the U apparently likes empty seats because the obvious fix to this remains something they won't do.

The sad part is if the Gophers are fortunate enough to be 8-0 for the Penn State game and even with a bye week leading up to it there will still likely be open seats all over the place. People won't be talking how inflated the ticket prices are and how the U is basically daring people to come to football games. They will be talking about how an 8-0, ranked Gopher team still can't draw a full house even if they are playing a top 10 conference opponent. So frustrating.

Personally I don't mind paying the additional license fees as Gopher Football is my passion. But I realize most people don't share the same passion. Was at Cub Sunday morning sporting all of my Gopher gear. The guy (early 30's maybe) in the check out line ahead of me starts the conversation by asking my thoughts on the season and then went on to say that he was interested in attending the game but is not willing to pay $70 for a ticket. Told him this game will be worth it and that I hoped he would attend. He just smiled and walked away.

Sections 113, 108, 143, and 138 show up as sold out for Penn State today on gophersports site. Listed at $160 per seat. These are roughly the sections between the 10 and 20 yard lines on both sides. The adjacent sections toward midfield go to $225. Not many left in sections on either side of those sections that show up as sold out. 201 and 246 both show as sold out.

Good start.

how many have been sold with the electronic pseudo-season ticket plan? Because they would get added in the end too, but not until the previous night.

Just bought 5 in section 216. Pickins were slim! $465 well spent!

how many have been sold with the electronic pseudo-season ticket plan? Because they would get added in the end too, but not until the previous night.

iirc, they sold about 100. I can't find the source rn, but I think the amount sold was posted to gopherhole.

Still a lot of space left in the upper deck

iirc, they sold about 100. I can't find the source rn, but I think the amount sold was posted to gopherhole.

I thought the number was closer to 600-800. Great deal for $199 perseat. A bargain!!

I could be wrong I could be remembering some other number though too.

100? Wow, that would have been quite the dud if that's all.

100? Wow, that would have been quite the dud if that's all.
That would be pretty amazingly bad if so. I know close to 10 in my office alone that bought, so I'm having a hard time believing that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Just took a peek at two random other B1G teams to compare prices for upcoming games. To compare, I picked nosebleed seats near midfield.

I looked at Minnesota, Indiana, and Michigan State.

MN: $120 per ticket
IN: $95 for adults, $15 for youth
MI ST: $50 per ticket

If I have more time I’ll look at others.

Just took a peek at two random other B1G teams to compare prices for upcoming games. To compare, I picked nosebleed seats near midfield.

Who are they playing? Gophers were not charging $120 last week for the Maryland game.

Take a look at Northwestern’s tickets on places like StubHub and SeatGeek, $2 tickets-$6 tickets. And this is for basically every game, every year. Very sad.

Just picked up the Cub Foods Family 4 Pack in 216 for $280. Stoked!

Last edited:

Comparing ticket prices between Big Ten schools is foolish. there’s no way of correctly gauging value. Each team is playing someone different, each team is of different quality with different records and different things on the line, venues are of different qualities, matchups are of different importance depending on who the opponent is, seating is different for every stadium, history/legacy of each stadium/team is different. Way too many variables if the objective of comparing schools is to somehow make MN look like it has overpriced tickets.

That would be pretty amazingly bad if so. I know close to 10 in my office alone that bought, so I'm having a hard time believing that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I know someone on the Gopher Fan Advisory board and I just asked and they told me that it was between 100-200.

Take a look at Northwestern’s tickets on places like StubHub and SeatGeek, $2 tickets-$6 tickets. And this is for basically every game, every year. Very sad.

I was about ready to buy a couple of those $6 to $10 Northwestern tickets on Stubhub today, and if by chance I cannot get down there at least I have the tickets if it works out. Of course with Stubhub fees, those two tickets will probably end up costing closer to $55 but why not?

These were pretty good seats between the 5-20 yard lines on either side, and that avoids the rotten south end zone seats.

I would think more Gopher fans, especially those in Wisconsin and Chicago would buy these up after a win vs PSU and/or at Iowa.

This could be a lot like the Des Moines NCAA BB games last spring if enough show up.

I was about ready to buy a couple of those $6 to $10 Northwestern tickets on Stubhub today, and if by chance I cannot get down there at least I have the tickets if it works out. Of course with Stubhub fees, those two tickets will probably end up costing closer to $55 but why not?

These were pretty good seats between the 5-20 yard lines on either side, and that avoids the rotten south end zone seats.

I would think more Gopher fans, especially those in Wisconsin and Chicago would buy these up after a win vs PSU and/or at Iowa.

This could be a lot like the Des Moines NCAA BB games last spring if enough show up.

Edit: Okay, I finally got back on Stubhub and bought two tickets in #132 (West side, not in sun- towers side) near where the official visitor section now is for a total of $20.33 for two very good seats.

I think more folks need to consider buying up the tickets. You can leave the TC at 4AM and be on in Evanston by about 9 or 9:30 AM if you eat in the car and stop just once for gas/ relief.

I guess I overestimated the impact of the Stub Hub fees and feel great about this. For the cost of two Summit Beers at TCF I can see a possibly historic game at NU in a month and have a fun Friday night in Chicago on top of that.

If we manage to beat PSU on 11/9 I will pay whatever I have to be to in Kinnick Stadium the next week.

Edit: Okay, I finally got back on Stubhub and bought two tickets in #132 (West side, not in sun- towers side) near where the official visitor section now is for a total of $20.33 for two very good seats.

I think more folks need to consider buying up the tickets. You can leave the TC at 4AM and be on in Evanston by about 9 or 9:30 AM if you eat in the car and stop just once for gas/ relief.

I guess I overestimated the impact of the Stub Hub fees and feel great about this. For the cost of two Summit Beers at TCF I can see a possibly historic game at NU in a month and have a fun Friday night in Chicago on top of that.

If we manage to beat PSU on 11/9 I will pay whatever I have to be to in Kinnick Stadium the next week.
Remember when Iowegian fans took over the Metrodome and tried to take the goalposts after they clinched the title? You could do the same at Northwestern if you round up enough people.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I’m buying tickets for the game at Northwestern. Quick trip there and back. Will find a hotel that allows the dogs for a night or two. They like road trips. If I can’t go I cancel a hotel for no fee and lose $20. Oh well.

Not for me, at least on the goal post idea, although I guess if they let us all run out on the field for a few minutes I might do that!

I have been avoiding Northwestern for years, even though I have ties the city and have spent many weeks there over the years. I am not sure why this is one of my last Big 10 road trips, but I think it mainly is because the Northwestern stadium environment always looks so dead and dismal on TV.

Possibly I view Chicago as a "summer" city and I like being there when it is very hot and I can hang out on the beaches, White Sox/Wrigley, and near north side, but this will maybe change my general approach to Chicago.

Truth be told, I have been to Chicago in the dead of winter for work and had a great time, but I do have a mental block about Ryan Field, (and Purdue). Of course I went to Indiana in 2007 and it surpassed all expectations other than the game itself.

Last edited:

I’m buying tickets for the game at Northwestern. Quick trip there and back. Will find a hotel that allows the dogs for a night or two. They like road trips. If I can’t go I cancel a hotel for no fee and lose $20. Oh well.

I'll probably try for two nights, but I might show up right before the game and stay a day, but for me the tough call will be to try to have a true Chicago experience and stay down by the River North/North loop, or settle for staying up north and getting in and out quickly.

I bet I'll be down by Navy Pier or at least Lincoln Park by 2PM on Friday the 22nd.

Top Bottom