[TICKETS REMAINING TRACKING THREAD] - How many seats are unsold vs MD, PSU and WIS?

I recruited 14 friends+spouses and just called into Gopher Ticket Office. I got transferred to a sales rep who got me to 20 tickets with a steep discount ($93 compared to $60). He threw in a scoreboard message and the opportunity for us to get on the field postgame for a photo. Hopefully, the photo doesn't happen because of a field storming!

What did it for me though was that he threw in 2 complimentary tickets to a non-premium MBB or MHO game. I picked PSU Hockey.

Anyone looking for $60 seats? I have a few extra. If not, I'll post them on Stubhub.

This is great. Seems not many know about this offer. I will definitely check this out for this weekend! I wonder if they will do the same thing for Wisconsin. R.T.B.!!!

It seems like most of the outdoor club seats have sold, nearly overnight. Down to 80 or so. Anyone know anything about that? Seems like a rapid move of a LOT of premium seats.

Maybe an algorithm (or human) grabbed them for resale on secondary markets?

Just got some sad news as my grandmother just passed away (it is a blessing, but still...). I am trying to turn this into a positive weekend by trying to find good seats (2) to the Penn State game. I am a HUGE Golden Gopher fan! I catch the Gophers in person any time the baseball or softball team is in AZ in the spring and I never miss a Gopher Football game on TV. I started to look on the web, but thought I would check to see if someone here had any insight (I honestly haven't read this whole thread, so forgive my ignorance). I have been on the GH site for a long time, first time posting. Thanks All!

Got two tickets in my old season ticket section 103! About 15 rows higher up than my old tickets though. :( Looking forward to Saturday!

No one is being prevented from going to the games. They are choosing not to. If people literally cannot afford $65 tickets (the cheapest current price on StubHub), they have a lot bigger problems in life than the price of Gophers football tickets.

Preach.

Price the ****ing tickets at $20 for kids. Fill the ****ing stadium. They aren't a professional sports franchise. They shouldn't be setting prices to maximize revenue.

You and I might not sneeze at that cost but most people are not like us.

If you're a family of 4 making $100k per year then spending $300-500 (need to buy food, parking, etc.) on 4 hours of football is not realistic.

The average household income in Minnesota is $58k per year. The average family can't afford this game.

The average household is definitely not $58k. I would anticipate it being much closer to $75k-$80k. Nonetheless, I see both points. You realize by offering $20 tickets for kids or "slashing the ticket prices" for this Penn State......there wouldn't be any season ticket holders left

It seems like most of the outdoor club seats have sold, nearly overnight. Down to 80 or so. Anyone know anything about that? Seems like a rapid move of a LOT of premium seats.

That would be great news. Sitting on the sunny side, the outdoor club seats are such an eyesore, never more than 25% filled.

Just got some sad news as my grandmother just passed away (it is a blessing, but still...). I am trying to turn this into a positive weekend by trying to find good seats (2) to the Penn State game. I am a HUGE Golden Gopher fan! I catch the Gophers in person any time the baseball or softball team is in AZ in the spring and I never miss a Gopher Football game on TV. I started to look on the web, but thought I would check to see if someone here had any insight (I honestly haven't read this whole thread, so forgive my ignorance). I have been on the GH site for a long time, first time posting. Thanks All!

Sorry to hear about your grandmother and welcome to GH.

There are still a few $65 tickets through the ticket office but not sure if those seats are what you're looking for.

That would be great news. Sitting on the sunny side, the outdoor club seats are such an eyesore, never more than 25% filled.

OC seats were 100% sold for Maryland. But yes... great news! There are a couple of sections right in front of Outdoor Club which are hardly ever more than 25% full. Not sure what numbers these sections are, but that could account for the eyesore you mention.

Last edited:

What effect will the secondary market have on the number of actual butts in seats? Someone mentioned that some of the recent sales may be the Ticket Kings of the world speculating and trying to make money. We could have a sell-out, but not a full stadium if a bunch of tickets end up in their hands and don’t get resold, because they are asking to much.

Not sure it will be a problem, it just occurred to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something to realize as well is that it is a Minnesota Holiday this weekend with the Deer Hunting Opener. This 11:00 start is perfect for deer hunters. Get your morning sit in, come in, watch the game, back out to the stand at 2:30-3:00! Many, many hunters that would normally be interested in attending are not because of this scenario.

With that said, I am a big deer hunter, I have season tickets but do you think I would miss this one!!! [emoji23]

Heck NO! My daughter and I will be attending and enjoying the tunnel walk!! #RTB, Ski U Mah, Go Gophers!!!!

Well, that might work for the Deer Hunters who live within 50 miles of TCF. Not so much for the rest.

The average household is definitely not $58k. I would anticipate it being much closer to $75k-$80k. Nonetheless, I see both points. You realize by offering $20 tickets for kids or "slashing the ticket prices" for this Penn State......there wouldn't be any season ticket holders left

Actually, the average household income in Minnesota is, in fact, $58,476. At least it was in 2013, according to this...

When it comes to Minnesotans’ income, “average” can mean two very different things.

The mean income is calculated by adding up all the household incomes and dividing by the number of households. The median is the value in the middle of the dataset; it represents the exact middle of your population.

Income means are often distorted by a few very high household incomes. In Minnesota, the mean household income is $75,432. The median income is much less at $58,476 — it may be a better measure of income for most of the state.

This matters to anyone seeking to understand how families are faring — and how family situations vary, including by geography.

Good information here, including a map that shows income by county.

Interesting stuff...

https://www.mnprivatecolleges.org/newsletter/march-2013-newsletter/mean-or-median-income-it-matters

Appears the $65 seats that had been remaining in sections 222 and 229 are now gone. I bought 9 of those for friends of mine earlier today with the STH discount. There were a bunch left at that point.

Last edited:

Appears the $65 seats that had been remaining in sections 222 and 229 are now gone. I bought 9 of those for friends of mine earlier today with the STH discount. There were a bunch left at that point.

still over 50 showing as available

Actually, the average household income in Minnesota is, in fact, $58,476. At least it was in 2013, according to this...

When it comes to Minnesotans’ income, “average” can mean two very different things.

The mean income is calculated by adding up all the household incomes and dividing by the number of households. The median is the value in the middle of the dataset; it represents the exact middle of your population.

Income means are often distorted by a few very high household incomes. In Minnesota, the mean household income is $75,432. The median income is much less at $58,476 — it may be a better measure of income for most of the state.

This matters to anyone seeking to understand how families are faring — and how family situations vary, including by geography.

Good information here, including a map that shows income by county.

Interesting stuff...

https://www.mnprivatecolleges.org/newsletter/march-2013-newsletter/mean-or-median-income-it-matters

Yeah but everyone is above average....

One thing that I know, but isn’t really publicized, is the university lists tickets on stubhub. So when you see a bunch of tickets in a section at the exact same price, those are from the school. And when you buy them, the transfer comes from the school, not a person.

I like the method and they don’t undercut the market. Might as well reach more buyers this way.

One thing that I know, but isn’t really publicized, is the university lists tickets on stubhub. So when you see a bunch of tickets in a section at the exact same price, those are from the school. And when you buy them, the transfer comes from the school, not a person.

I like the method and they don’t undercut the market. Might as well reach more buyers this way.

I have heard this before. It makes total sense. Without undercutting the market, they can move tickets that may not be going quickly through their own site without ticking off STH. I also know there are a lot of people that look at Stubhub FIRST when looking for tickets to an event. Makes sense all the way around.

I have heard this before. It makes total sense. Without undercutting the market, they can move tickets that may not be going quickly through their own site without ticking off STH. I also know there are a lot of people that look at Stubhub FIRST when looking for tickets to an event. Makes sense all the way around.

I always buy on stub hub. I have never found the tickets on the U website to be cheaper, always the same or more. Plus SH lets you filter by best value and there's no need to set up a new account etc.

We're down to all sections either sold out or in "low" availability. I'm liking the chances of a sellout (at least in terms of tickets bought directly from the U) a little more now.

Updated Penn State numbers as of ten minutes ago:

---------------------------
Date: 11/2 10:30am EDT
Zone 1 remaining: 190
Zone 2 remaining: 978
Zone 3 remaining: 1140
Zone 4 remaining: 1671
Zone 5 remaining: 416
Zone 6 remaining: 1638
Zone 7 remaining: 0
Zone 8 remaining: 18
Zone 9 remaining: 715
Zone 10 remaining: 123
Zone 21 remaining: 388
total: 7277

UPDATED NUMBERS vs Penn State:

Date: 11/5 9AM EST
Zone 1 remaining: 70
Zone 2 remaining: 431
Zone 3 remaining: 439
Zone 4 remaining: 665
Zone 5 remaining: 394
Zone 6 remaining: 954
Zone 7 remaining: 0
Zone 8 remaining: 67
Zone 9 remaining: 274
Zone 10 remaining: 82
Zone 21 remaining: 77
total: 3453

Lots of movement, particularly given they've released 100's of tickets since 11/2 --> so real total sold between 11/2 and now is greater than simply taking the difference. Definitely trending towards a sellout if these numbers are legitimate.

I think opening up 4 free seats to ANY veteran (not just active duty) opens the potential for a lot of filled seats and greatly increases the chances of a sellout. Pretty smart. How can the season ticket base be angry at vets getting free tickets? So they can say they didn't reduce prices, but are filling many of the seats that would have remained empty without the vet deal. I hope it is a full house.

I think opening up 4 free seats to ANY veteran (not just active duty) opens the potential for a lot of filled seats and greatly increases the chances of a sellout. Pretty smart. How can the season ticket base be angry at vets getting free tickets? So they can say they didn't reduce prices, but are filling many of the seats that would have remained empty without the vet deal. I hope it is a full house.

I thought it was always active or veteran? Could be wrong. But I am glad they do it. Filling the stadium with military people and family is hard to argue with.

sunny side lower deck shows only 18 left at $255, only 6 left at $215...shady side lower deck shows only 52 left at $255, only $138 left at $215....no $150 seats left on sunny side lower deck, only 90 left on shady side lower deck....that is a lot of sold $150 seats...there are just 250 total lower deck seats left for $115; those are basically all end zone and corners...they should all sell...

I always buy on stub hub. I have never found the tickets on the U website to be cheaper, always the same or more. Plus SH lets you filter by best value and there's no need to set up a new account etc.

This game is the first time I remember seeing cheaper tickets on the U website than on Stubhub. Sections 101/103/105 were $115 + $10 fee on the U website. Were $127.50 after fees on Stubhub. The $127.50 tickets were being sold by the school on stubhub, FWIW. Smart smart smart

tickets really flying off the U site this morning...both the $65 end zone seats and the $200 plus seats...interested to see if they open up more $65 seats when the few remaining get bought or if $85 becomes the entry point...

It'll be a sellout crowd, the U will make that happen. If there are a few unsold seats left, they'll make a deal with some firm (e.g., Red Barron Pizza) where the firm buys those remaining seats at an undisclosed price (meaning really cheap), and then gives them to veterans as a last minute promo.

This game is the first time I remember seeing cheaper tickets on the U website than on Stubhub. Sections 101/103/105 were $115 + $10 fee on the U website. Were $127.50 after fees on Stubhub. The $127.50 tickets were being sold by the school on stubhub, FWIW. Smart smart smart

How do you know they are being sold by the school?

It'll be a sellout crowd, the U will make that happen. If there are a few unsold seats left, they'll make a deal with some firm (e.g., Red Barron Pizza) where the firm buys those remaining seats at an undisclosed price (meaning really cheap), and then gives them to veterans as a last minute promo.

I don't think anyone outside of the athletic department really cares whether it's actually a sellout. What has so many GH posters' panties in a wad is how many butts are in the seats. If it gets to a point where a company is buying up a bundle of remaining seats, that's a guarantee that the seats will not be full.

Well, literally butts in seats is impossible to measure unless you have sensors on each seat or something.

You can measure how many of the tickets sold were scanned at the gates. I would say for the Gophers, it's very rare to have a number approaching 100%. Probably only a handful of times above some 9x% threshold in the lifetime of TCF. Hoping this will be another one on the list!

Top Bottom