[TICKETS REMAINING TRACKING THREAD] - How many seats are unsold vs MD, PSU and WIS?

Anyone saying "just win and the attendance will take care of itself" over the past couple years was not paying attention to the damage scholarship seating did, and the fallout that we are still seeing in these inflated prices for singe game tickets. After all is said and done, the prices are too high to fill the stadium - possibly for the foreseeable future, regardless of the level of team success. If you are going to come back to me and say the U is making more money this way then I will reply to you before you bother saying that: Then they should have planned on these prices and built TCF Bank Stadium with 40,000 seats. Maybe 35,000 seats.

It can be both things... like we're not going back in time so ... still just win.

I think they just need to bite the bullet and accept that dropping prices might piss off a few of those who already bought tickets/have season tickets. Fix it in the offseason, but it's just plain pitiful if an undefeated (hopefully) matchup against a top 10 opponent isn't easily sold out.

I hope they do something to get a sellout, but what kind of message will dropping the price send? As you said, hopefully it is an undefeated top 10 matchup. If there are cheap tickets for that game, what can they charge next year for the Florida Atlantic and Purdue games? If there ever was a game that justifies the current ticket prices it is the Penn State game (if both teams stay unbeaten). Big time games are expensive.

There are 6 people in my office who are Gopher football fans (to the point where we attend games and stuff) One of our coworkers is getting married on 11/9 @ 4pm in Minneapolis. If the game is at 11, we are all getting tickets (6 + 6 for significant others) and just planning to split a hotel room or something to get ready in (or just find a Holiday station if necessary)

This would be the biggest Gopher game of my lifetime. I'm not missing it. I feel bad but I'd skip the wedding.

Upper deck is looking pretty barren right now :( hope for plenty of walk-ups!

If I lived closer I'd bail on the family and make the trip solo...there are talks about a few of us making the penn st game but that decision may lead to an eventual divorce

I'm hoping a victory over Maryland would trigger a 50% flash sale for the Penn State game. I think you slice those prices in half and they would get scooped up quickly, at least the $85 ones.

I'm hoping a victory over Maryland would trigger a 50% flash sale for the Penn State game. I think you slice those prices in half and they would get scooped up quickly, at least the $85 ones.

In addition to the grumblings from season ticket holders, the tricky thing with flash sales it that it trains your customers not to buy tickets early.

"Why buy tickets early? They sometimes ran flash sales, let's wait to see if there's a deal," some Joe Schmoe next year, if they run a flash sale this year.

Between that aspect and upsetting season ticket holders I'd be surprised to see anything other than a modest promotion -- but who knows. The number of tickets remaining vs PSU is a big problem. Embarrassing really.

FRIDAY MORNING UPDATE

MONDAY'S DATA:
---------------------------
Date: 10/21 5AM
Zone 1 remaining: 247
Zone 2 remaining: 1014
Zone 3 remaining: 817
Zone 4 remaining: 1463
Zone 5 remaining: 400
Zone 6 remaining: 1287
Zone 7 remaining: 162
Zone 8 remaining: 170
Zone 9 remaining: 1055
Zone 10 remaining: 355
Zone 21 remaining: 7
total: 6977

TODAY'S DATA:
Date: 10/25 10am EDT
Zone 1 remaining: 248
Zone 2 remaining: 961
Zone 3 remaining: 680
Zone 4 remaining: 1168
Zone 5 remaining: 0
Zone 6 remaining: 838
Zone 7 remaining: 51
Zone 8 remaining: 37
Zone 9 remaining: 556
Zone 10 remaining: 21
Zone 21 remaining: 33
total: 4593

Also meant to add earlier, the above numbers do not include available student tickets, as they are not displayed on the normal ticket map.

In addition to the grumblings from season ticket holders, the tricky thing with flash sales it that it trains your customers not to buy tickets early.

"Why buy tickets early? They sometimes ran flash sales, let's wait to see if there's a deal," some Joe Schmoe next year, if they run a flash sale this year.

Between that aspect and upsetting season ticket holders I'd be surprised to see anything other than a modest promotion -- but who knows. The number of tickets remaining vs PSU is a big problem. Embarrassing really.

I don't think STH would care for one game. I don't. Biggest game in decades- get the dam thing sold out. If it means $10 cheap seats, do it.

I largely agree with you.

As a season ticket holder that used to have 4 seats but reduced it to 2 because of the donation increase, I always have arguments among my family to see who can go to a game with dad. The entire family is begging me to take them to the Penn State game. I just can't do it at the current price but with a sale I'd try to scoop up what I could.

FRIDAY MORNING UPDATE

MONDAY'S DATA:
Zone 1 remaining: 247
Zone 2 remaining: 1014
Zone 3 remaining: 817
Zone 4 remaining: 1463
Zone 5 remaining: 400
Zone 6 remaining: 1287
Zone 7 remaining: 162
Zone 8 remaining: 170
Zone 9 remaining: 1055
Zone 10 remaining: 355
Zone 21 remaining: 7
total: 6977

TODAY'S DATA:
Date: 10/25 10am EDT
Zone 1 remaining: 248
Zone 2 remaining: 961
Zone 3 remaining: 680
Zone 4 remaining: 1168
Zone 6 remaining: 838
Zone 7 remaining: 51
Zone 8 remaining: 37
Zone 9 remaining: 556
Zone 10 remaining: 21
Zone 21 remaining: 33
total: 4593

Saturday morning update, not a ton of movement, looks like they released some Zone 9 (lower level corners, subclass of Zone 4):

Date: 10/26 8:20am
Zone 1 remaining: 187
Zone 2 remaining: 846
Zone 3 remaining: 657
Zone 4 remaining: 1100
Zone 6 remaining: 725
Zone 7 remaining: 0
Zone 8 remaining: 27
Zone 9 remaining: 636
Zone 10 remaining: 7
Zone 21 remaining: 45
total: 4230

In a perfect world, they would re-price the entire stadium. Keep the donation levels for the best seats, but reduce the donation levels elsewhere and drop the ticket prices for as many sections as possible.

here's how it should work.
1. set prices at an attractive point
2. win games
3. create demand for tickets
4. have regular sell-outs
5. get a waiting list for season tickets
6. THEN you can start to raise ticket prices.

Demand 1st, then price increases. the gophers tried price increases first, and it failed miserably.

Will they learn from their mistakes? (I'm not holding my breath)

In a perfect world, they would re-price the entire stadium. Keep the donation levels for the best seats, but reduce the donation levels elsewhere and drop the ticket prices for as many sections as possible.

here's how it should work.
1. set prices at an attractive point
2. win games
3. create demand for tickets
4. have regular sell-outs
5. get a waiting list for season tickets
6. THEN you can start to raise ticket prices.

Demand 1st, then price increases. the gophers tried price increases first, and it failed miserably.

Will they learn from their mistakes? (I'm not holding my breath)

Agree 100%. Keep it simple too. Maybe 3 price tiers max. Say $100 between the 40's, $75 from the 40' to goal line and $50 for all others. MAYBE, MAYBE a $10 or $20 surcharge for Wisconsin, Iowa and Nebraska.

I’m more than happy paying what I pay for my 6 Zone 4 Tickets - I look at it as a donation to help the team put out a product that’s more enjoyable to watch.

Saturday morning update, not a ton of movement, looks like they released some Zone 9 (lower level corners, subclass of Zone 4):

Date: 10/26 8:20am
Zone 1 remaining: 187
Zone 2 remaining: 846
Zone 3 remaining: 657
Zone 4 remaining: 1100
Zone 6 remaining: 725
Zone 8 remaining: 27
Zone 9 remaining: 636
Zone 10 remaining: 7
Zone 21 remaining: 45
total: 4230

Lost track of what games this is for...today's or PSU?

Quit whining about $120 per ticket for a top 15 undefeated week 9 game. A real fan would gladly pay that if they have the money. If you don't have an extra $120 then you shouldn't be trying to buy tickets.

A couple years ago I bought tickets for a big time Vikings game. I rarely go to Vikes games but wanted to go to that game. It cost me more than I had ever spent for one game. That night I saw the Minneapolis Miracle and looking back it was worth every scent.

All you people who are whining about prices might miss out on something special.

Quit whining about $120 per ticket for a top 15 undefeated week 9 game. A real fan would gladly pay that if they have the money. If you don't have an extra $120 then you shouldn't be trying to buy tickets.

A couple years ago I bought tickets for a big time Vikings game. I rarely go to Vikes games but wanted to go to that game. It cost me more than I had ever spent for one game. That night I saw the Minneapolis Miracle and looking back it was worth every scent.

All you people who are whining about prices might miss out on something special.

I feel you and mostly agree. I paid $150 for Nebraska tix and am about to buy 5 more for Wiscy. But I think we need the fans who are on the fence to fill the place up. I guess we'll see over the next two weeks if this unprecedented (in our lifetimes) home matchup does the trick.

I’m confused, I see Wild games sold out and Vikings games close to sold out. Those tickets are far more pricey in comparison to Gopher games. So basically it’s either people looking for excuses to not go to the games, or there are a ton of broke Gopher fans that need some financial help. All the people with money only support the Vikes and Wild I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m confused, I see Wild games sold out and Vikings games close to sold out. Those tickets are far more pricey in comparison to Gopher games. So basically it’s either people looking for excuses to not go to the games, or there are a ton of broke Gopher fans that need some financial help. All the people with money only support the Vikes and Wild I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I asked 3 people I know if they'd go and they all said it cost too much. One said "too much for a college game." I want to go but don't think I can find anyone.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I asked 3 people I know if they'd go and they all said it cost too much. One said "too much for a college game." I want to go but don't think I can find anyone.

Aren't there two weeks to see what happens on the secondary market leading up to the game? The game is not even close to sold out yet, so should be a lot of movement on ticket prices.

I just got an email from the Gophers ticket office about the PSU game. Looks like the Cub Family 4-Pack is still available and there are $67 tix on there. Seems pretty reasonable to be in the house for this one.

I thought it was a poor turnout given the beautiful day and our team record. We were in a suite and there were 3 empty suites by ours. Crazy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Economics 101. You need to price your product based on perceived value and demand. If every ticket was $1, we'd sell out. If every ticket was $10,000, there would be no one there. Gophers need to work harder to find that sweet spot. Guilting people to buy tickets and show up doesn't work. Everyone deternines the price they are willing to pay based on value to them and it's obvious the tickets are priced too high for most (every) game. If they are OK with that, fine. But don't complain about stadium not being full.

Just under 45K sold for today's game. I would say there were 40K in the stadium.

HOT OFF THE PRESS UPDATE FOR PENN STATE --- 1,800 TICKETS SOLD IN LAST SIX DAYS

Date: 10/21 5AM (this was previously posted but including here for reference)
Zone 1 remaining: 231
Zone 2 remaining: 1006
Zone 3 remaining: 2187
Zone 4 remaining: 1873
Zone 5 remaining: 458
Zone 6 remaining: 3576
Zone 7 remaining: 10
Zone 8 remaining: 342
Zone 9 remaining: 1542
Zone 10 remaining: 261
Zone 21 remaining: 504
total: 11990
Date: 10/27 12:30am EDT
Zone 1 remaining: 215
Zone 2 remaining: 934
Zone 3 remaining: 1721
Zone 4 remaining: 1797
Zone 5 remaining: 422
Zone 6 remaining: 2842
Zone 8 remaining: 234
Zone 9 remaining: 1240
Zone 10 remaining: 214
Zone 21 remaining: 483
total: 10102

Solid rate of sales for being over two weeks out. Will be interesting to see how quickly the expensive seats move (Zones 1 - 3).

It is breathtakingly refreshing to read a voice of sanity on the incessant ticket-price-whining threads.

I spent $350 to see the Twins/Cubs in Wrigley 3rd row behind home plate. Sometimes the things you want are not cheap. Lets go.

Monday afternoon update for the Penn State game, most recent data at the bottom:

Date: 10/28 3pm EDT
Zone 1 remaining: 197
Zone 2 remaining: 897
Zone 3 remaining: 1529
Zone 4 remaining: 1713
Zone 5 remaining: 406
Zone 6 remaining: 2375
Zone 8 remaining: 49
Zone 9 remaining: 1097
Zone 10 remaining: 178
Zone 21 remaining: 485
total: 8926

Monday afternoon update for the Penn State game, most recent data at the bottom:

Date: 10/28 3pm EDT
Zone 1 remaining: 197
Zone 2 remaining: 897
Zone 3 remaining: 1529
Zone 4 remaining: 1713
Zone 5 remaining: 406
Zone 6 remaining: 2375
Zone 8 remaining: 49
Zone 9 remaining: 1097
Zone 10 remaining: 178
Zone 21 remaining: 485
total: 8926

3,000 tix since last week. That's pretty solid and I'd expect it to pick up each day going forward from here.

Top Bottom