[TICKETS REMAINING TRACKING THREAD] - How many seats are unsold vs MD, PSU and WIS?

Just counted on stub hub, got 1,318 for sale on there

Are there any other "secondary market" places selling tickets officially other than stubhub? I want to make sure we have an accurate count of the tickets remaining on the secondary market.

Are there any other "secondary market" places selling tickets officially other than stubhub? I want to make sure we have an accurate count of the tickets remaining on the secondary market.

LOL. Seat geek, ticket king, Craigslist, eBay, scalpers outside the stadium, bulletin board at the corner store, your mom......the list goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. Seat geek, ticket king, Craigslist, eBay, scalpers outside the stadium, bulletin board at the corner store, your mom......the list goes on.

I mean, I was looking for the big ones that will have a significant amount of tickets . . .

Is anyone truly surprised this game sold out? Because it never seemed in doubt the last 2 weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

As of this Monday I did not believe the game would sell out. There were tons of empty seats at that point and I figured if people hadn’t bought tickets over the bye week then most probably wouldn’t later.

Think a little props has to go to our local radio stations. They (for once) actually really promoted the game and it likely helped along the casual fan

Think a little props has to go to our local radio stations. They (for once) actually really promoted the game and it likely helped along the casual fan

Yep. For all the flak we like to give our local media, they stepped up here. This is a watershed moment for the team. Win and I think the media get behind the team. In a town with lots of options everyone likes a winner.

Yes, and I think our ticket prices are rather high, even by Big Ten standards. Also, when you consider public (tax payer) money was used to help get this stadium built I think there should be at least a minimal commitment to provide more affordable tickets. (OK, I'm off my soapbox.)

This may have been mentioned earlier, but when was our last legit sell-out?

Supremely pleased that it's a sellout! I wish I could be there!

UPDATE: Student section is now sold out as well! TCF is going to be absolutely rocking.

2015 TCU game was the last one I remember.
Was there for that one. I think Saturday could be that environment times 10. Stakes are much bigger and there's an actual belief that we can win. Didn't feel that way in 2015.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

In terms of 10k tickets sold?

Website has the same "sold out" message as for normal tickets (it didn't for a few hours after the general admission sold out). I'm guessing not quite 10k since they seemed to switch a couple upper deck sections to general admission earlier in the week. So whatever sections were left to be assigned to students are now sold out. I have a feeling they'll be enforcing lower section capacity more than usual this game, so there may not be as many students squishing into the bottom (and thus not a few empty rows up top).

They're also giving out one of the scholarships before kickoff in order to get us there bright and early. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to fill up. Don't worry, I'll be dragging my friends to get there at 9:30 sharp :)

Website has the same "sold out" message as for normal tickets (it didn't for a few hours after the general admission sold out). I'm guessing not quite 10k since they seemed to switch a couple upper deck sections to general admission earlier in the week. So whatever sections were left to be assigned to students are now sold out. I have a feeling they'll be enforcing lower section capacity more than usual this game, so there may not be as many students squishing into the bottom (and thus not a few empty rows up top).

They're also giving out one of the scholarships before kickoff in order to get us there bright and early. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to fill up. Don't worry, I'll be dragging my friends to get there at 9:30 sharp :)

Just curious, what's the buzz like on campus?

Yes are students actually planing on staying the whole game for once? And how about fans let's not leave at the end of the third quarter to beat "traffic"

It's definitely jumped way up this week. Just sitting in class, I've heard way more conversations about the team and the game. There will always be that chunk of students who couldn't care less about football, but the game is obviously on the minds of a lot more than usual (including professors). A lot of people upset that they waited too long to buy student tickets and are now SOL, but that's their problem. For those who were already big fans, it's all we can talk about. My roommates and I have spent way too much time this week daydreaming about what the atmosphere is going to be like.

I usually walk by a few players on my way to classes, and they seem just as locked in as usual. They'll come to play for sure.

Yes are students actually planing on staying the whole game for once? And how about fans let's not leave at the end of the third quarter to beat "traffic"

I can't speak for the general population, as my friends and I are probably in the 1% of die-hard students and stay at every game start to finish. But I'd guess that the prospect of storming the field will keep the majority of students in the stands, barring a blowout in favor of PSU.

Sold out 48 hours before kickoff? Ticket prices must be too low!

Was there for that one. I think Saturday could be that environment times 10. Stakes are much bigger and there's an actual belief that we can win. Didn't feel that way in 2015.

Heck yea it will be!

Should I expect a significant wait to enter the stadium if I'm sitting in a private suite? It looks like there may be a separate entrance.

interesting to see the stub hub inventory has been going down, but not very quickly. Currently at 1,176 tickets available there as I type this. Earlier this week it was about 1600 I believe. Hasn't gone down a whole lot over the last 24 hours.

I wonder what the percentage of no-shows will result from unpurchased tickets on secondary sites like stub hub. Some will go unused. Some are being sold by fans that will give the ticket to their neighbor if it doesn't sell, etc. At any rate, there are several resellers and it appears anyone hitting the "sold out" message on the Gopher ticket site will still have plenty of options, and a lot of these options aren't priced much differently than what was being sold through Gopher sports.

interesting to see the stub hub inventory has been going down, but not very quickly. Currently at 1,176 tickets available there as I type this. Earlier this week it was about 1600 I believe. Hasn't gone down a whole lot over the last 24 hours.

I wonder what the percentage of no-shows will result from unpurchased tickets on secondary sites like stub hub. Some will go unused. Some are being sold by fans that will give the ticket to their neighbor if it doesn't sell, etc. At any rate, there are several resellers and it appears anyone hitting the "sold out" message on the Gopher ticket site will still have plenty of options, and a lot of these options aren't priced much differently than what was being sold through Gopher sports.

I would think prices on there would start dropping significantly as we get later in the day today and moving towards tomorrow morning.

Stubhub sellers often hold out if they're not getting what they want. It's a weird flow you see from game to game. I've seen Twins games that are far from a sell out and a large chunk of the sellers hold out at higher prices for no apparent reasons. Then others where even 3 days before things shift dramatically to the cheap. Hard to know what game everyone is playing as a whole.

Top Bottom