#16 in Coaches Poll

I think they dropped Wisconsin too far. I'd pick them over Florida, Utah, and Oregon...

Yeah, it is interesting that we jumped SMU who had a decent win this week. Also interesting is that Chris Ash is a voter in the Coaches Poll. I wonder if he still votes or if the vote remains with Rutgers' staff.

wonder why we jumped SMU? not complaining, obviously

SMU was only ahead by 2 votes last week.
Minnesota likely benefited from the surge of attention on the division resulting from IL’s upset over WI. This seemed to have moved some voters who were not convinced last week.

That is the lowest number I can remember in a LOOOONNNGG time. I remember one week at 17 of the BCS in 2008.

I know that coaches volunteer to be placed in the pool to be randomly selected to vote. Any one have any insight as to how seriously the coaches study up before they vote? Game days for head coaches are jam packed with post game pressers, travel schedules, team meetings - are they really going to take the time (and wait for the late game scores) to pour over the results? Do they have a trusted assistant that does much of the heavy lifting?

Yeah, it is interesting that we jumped SMU who had a decent win this week. Also interesting is that Chris Ash is a voter in the Coaches Poll. I wonder if he still votes or if the vote remains with Rutgers' staff.

Not sure how true this is, but I’ve heard that the votes are often done by someone in the athletic dept like an information director.

16! Wow. I had them at 17. Surprised they jumped SMU but we’ll take it.

I know that coaches volunteer to be placed in the pool to be randomly selected to vote. Any one have any insight as to how seriously the coaches study up before they vote? Game days for head coaches are jam packed with post game pressers, travel schedules, team meetings - are they really going to take the time (and wait for the late game scores) to pour over the results? Do they have a trusted assistant that does much of the heavy lifting?

Some random assistant actually votes and they don't get to watch any of the games.

Has the AP poll come out yet? I need to know which one has us ranked higher so I can decide which one I think is a more accurate poll.

Some random assistant actually votes and they don't get to watch any of the games.

Or someone from the sports information director's staff or the head coach looks at the previous week's poll, checks who won and lost, and then makes his votes with someone always putting a strange team in the poll along the lines of helping a former mentor or assistant or giving a conference rival a boost to help the conference as a whole.

Look at PJ Fleck's likely day on Saturday. He probably caught some of the first half of the early games while eating lunch, but if he was going over last minute details with his staff, his attention probably wasn't focused. The second halves of the early games weren't seen at all due to preparation for our game. He missed all of the late afternoon games due to our game. After our game, a good chunk of the early part of the prime time games was lost due to meeting with the team after game, reviewing things with his staff, having his press conference, doing other media related work, showering and changing, meeting with U of M dignitaries and guests such as donors, and then it was all aboard the bus to Newark International Airport. He may have seen some action on the bus. It would depend on the model or if anyone was streaming the game. Did our plane have TV? If not, there goes the rest of the prime time games and the late night West Coast action.

So how would PJ Fleck have any idea how to complete his ballot when he saw little college football on Saturday apart from the Gophers?

Top Bottom