Would 8-0 Minnesota Sell Out Against Penn State?

The problem with the student section as others have pointed out is that it is split in two. You need to reach a critical mass in the upper deck for it to be a good time. Students will continue to cram into the lower section until it is full and when that is full they will leave. No one wants to be the 10% that is exposed in the upper deck. Students want to be packed in by other students, they don't want to have emptiness around them. Yes, it sounds stupid but that is what is happening.

I have a college-aged kid now. This post is spot on.

Nevermind, I did not realize the game is three weeks away.

They should have a "flash sale" or something like they did at State Fair time to get people in the seats and generate excitement for the Maryland game. Gophers are now ranked #17 so put some select tickets on sale for $17. It will be a very nice late October weather on Saturday with temps in the mid 50's and sunny.

My guess is the Penn State game won’t be sold out unless we go into that week 8-0. A large number of Minnesota fans, and their disgusting level of pessimism, want to wait and see if the Gophers are worth supporting this year. Too many negative Nancy’s that don’t want their hearts broken by watching a sport that is all about upsets and heartbreak. Not sure where Minnesotans get off thinking they shouldn’t have to see a lot of disappointing games, as if our school is supposed to be immune. Look how many schools get upset week to week. Their fans still pack their stadiums. Wisconsin, I can guarantee their loss to Illinois doesn’t cut their attendance in half like it does to ours over similar losses. Michigan chokes again in the East this year? I can guarantee they’ll still pack the largest stadium in college football. If you think attendance doesn’t help home teams win games, just rewatch that Penn State vs. Michigan game. The energy in there caused Michigan to start the game so flustered and unable to communicate that they burned a timeout before they even ran the first play of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom